• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are Be People Now Holding Back When Playing Competitively On The 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
As to not break the their 3DS or friend's 3DS circle pad? A Japanese 3DS can cost anywhere from $120 used to over $200 brand new. It's even more pricier if that 3DS has been sent to be modified with a capture card which can cost another $200.

CFW

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolFreeWorld
3DS FC
5000-4298-4346
I still very new and I haven't purchased a 3DS yet, but should I be worried about getting one now?

CFW

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolFreeWorld
3DS FC
5000-4298-4346
Can't I use the d-pad as an alternative, or no? I would prefer using that for movement anyway, than that.

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
I have had the same GC controller since the cube came out 13~ years ago. I am a competitive smash player, and the damn thing still works great. You just need to have a specific handle on the controller, there's no reason to over press a direction when you know exactly how far the stick/pad allows.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I've played a ton of Kid Icarus and Street Fighter 4 on my 3DS, both of which require constant, abrupt stick movements, and my 3DS's circle pad has shown no signs of wear.

That being said, there are some people out there who I wouldn't want Smashing on my 3DS. You know those people. Watching them use my fightstick to play Marvel and Street Fighter is stressful enough already, and the fightstick is designed to take a beating.

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Maybe. The 3DS has pretty ****ty ergonomics in general, you can't blame it on Smash only. My circle pad broke playing MK7, even.

The most that the 3DS version would harm me is my characters. I want to try Rosalina and use Jiggs but these two characters rely on the C-Stick, which the 3DS doesn't have, so I may have to hold back on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom