• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are Aliens Real?

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
It is likely that extraterrestrial life does exist off the planet Earth somewhere, but much of science can't explain why life began in the first place. Evolution points towards life starting as a chemical reaction within water struck by lightning. However, this has been attempted to be replicated in a lab and failed. This may or may not be correct, but it certainly means that life is a miracle. That being said, I highly doubt life exists within our solar system or maybe galaxy

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
It is likely that extraterrestrial life does exist off the planet Earth somewhere, but much of science can't explain why life began in the first place. Evolution points towards life starting as a chemical reaction within water struck by lightning. However, this has been attempted to be replicated in a lab and failed. This may or may not be correct, but it certainly means that life is a miracle. That being said, I highly doubt life exists within our solar system or maybe galaxy
It seems you have a misconception. Evolution is merely the mechanism by which life forms change over successive generations. The origin of life -- how organic molecules become self-replicating and complex -- is a different matter of study in biology, known as abiogenesis ("life from non-life"). Evolution only influences existing life, regardless of how that life may have first formed (unguided reactions, intelligent influence, supernatural influence, etc.).

As for your lightning-experiment, might you be referring the Miller-Urey Experiment? According to the linked article, the experiment (first formed in the 1950s) sought to simulate the postulated early environmental conditions of the planet, manipulating electricity and temperature to mimic lightning, water vapour, and so on. Basic molecules (methane, ammonia, hydrogen, water) were thrown into the mix, as these were thought to be prevalent elements in the olden days.

The experiment ended up producing various amino acids -- the building blocks of protein, which are essential to biological functions. Though as the article points out, there were concerns as to the effectiveness and validity of the Miller-Urey Experiment, in the way it went about reproducing environmental conditions. If you were referring to some other experiment involving lightning, feel free to correct me.

Seems to me that if you A) have the right ingredients, and B) place them in the right environment(s), then the phenomenon of life can arise. Life need not resemble the forms found on Earth, but if Earth-like conditions are indeed necessary, then copious earth-like exoplanets have been found in recent years. It stands that if it happened on Earth, it can well happen elsewhere.

As for our solar system, Jupiter's moon of Europa is of scientific interest due to the immense (and warmed) oceans found beneath the external ice crust. Life could be possible there (I forget what other intra-solar candidates there might be, other than Europa). But even if there wasn't any other life in our solar system, the galaxy is immense, with billions of planets. For what reason(s) do you doubt the prospect of life on other worlds in the galaxy?

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
It seems you have a misconception. Evolution is merely the mechanism by which life forms change over successive generations. The origin of life -- how organic molecules become self-replicating and complex -- is a different matter of study in biology, known as abiogenesis ("life from non-life"). Evolution only influences existing life, regardless of how that life may have first formed (unguided reactions, intelligent influence, supernatural influence, etc.).

As for your lightning-experiment, might you be referring the Miller-Urey Experiment? According to the linked article, the experiment (first formed in the 1950s) sought to simulate the postulated early environmental conditions of the planet, manipulating electricity and temperature to mimic lightning, water vapour, and so on. Basic molecules (methane, ammonia, hydrogen, water) were thrown into the mix, as these were thought to be prevalent elements in the olden days.

The experiment ended up producing various amino acids -- the building blocks of protein, which are essential to biological functions. Though as the article points out, there were concerns as to the effectiveness and validity of the Miller-Urey Experiment, in the way it went about reproducing environmental conditions. If you were referring to some other experiment involving lightning, feel free to correct me.

Seems to me that if you A) have the right ingredients, and B) place them in the right environment(s), then the phenomenon of life can arise. Life need not resemble the forms found on Earth, but if Earth-like conditions are indeed necessary, then copious earth-like exoplanets have been found in recent years. It stands that if it happened on Earth, it can well happen elsewhere.

As for our solar system, Jupiter's moon of Europa is of scientific interest due to the immense (and warmed) oceans found beneath the external ice crust. Life could be possible there (I forget what other intra-solar candidates there might be, other than Europa). But even if there wasn't any other life in our solar system, the galaxy is immense, with billions of planets. For what reason(s) do you doubt the prospect of life on other worlds in the galaxy?
Actually, I do believe there is some form of Alien Life. I don't believe we are anywhere near it is because of the fact that it would have been noticed by now.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Actually, I do believe there is some form of Alien Life. I don't believe we are anywhere near it is because of the fact that it would have been noticed by now.
I'm not sure that can be said with strong conviction.

For non-intelligent life, it's no surprise that we haven't found any. Hard to infer alien antelopes just using telescopes.

A species or civilization that has figured out how to travel the stars -- i.e., are more advanced than our civilization -- would likely use technology and/or means that are beyond our capacity to detect, perhaps even to understand. Such species may be aware of Earth, and be interested in us, but it's doubtful that they'd make themselves known. And they could just as easily not think of Earth as anything worthwhile.

For species that are roughly analogous to us, in terms of intelligence and advancement, then you'd assume that we'd be hearing their old radio and/or other EM transmissions as they're sent out into the cosmos. I'm not too informed about how that whole field of study is working. But it may be that we've missed the last windows of cosmic echoes; after all, we've only understood and explored EM waves for less than two centuries, and we've only actively been pointing our ears skyward for less than one century. Maybe the last intelligent race outgrew radio transmissions back in the 1500s, so it's too late to hear them.

And there's also the fact (IIRC) that we've only scanned a fraction of the cosmic horizon with our telescopes and satellites and other doo-dads. Maybe we're just not looking in the right place.

Who knows? Whatever the case, though, I do think that it might be too early to dismiss the probability of alien life, sapient or otherwise, just because we haven't found any real signs in the 50-70 years we've been looking (or whenever it is we actually started looking). Especially if our technology and resources aren't yet sufficient enough to make any real progress or findings on these issues.

Whatever the case, I do hope that whatever alien life out there is actually alien. Less Star Trek, and more the stuff you'd find in Hard Sci-Fi novels.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
As extraterrestrial intelligence has been a strong subject, I can calmly say that somewhere in this universe there is extraterrestrial life. Nasa knows.
meet https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4F3j3ed_To-M3H2YLLD5vw These guys, Secureteam10, my main go-to for latest information on any extraterrestrial life. and this video as well.-
I can safely say these 2 things have confirmed extraterrestrial intelligence and it has located us. The hums, the WOW signal, the SOS call, that hoax tv station interruption (doesn't count), these confirm that they have found is, we've found them. We have not yet seen them outside of their spacecrafts but as they travel, the London Landing, look at that!

The only thing that people say makes aliens fake is that we haven't seen their features physically. We know their mental capability (3000 miles? SH*T!) but yes. Extraterrestrials exist.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
We will know for sure within the next 20 years.
Personally, I believe there's something out there, it'd be kind of foolish to believe that the whole universe is all to ourselves. I doubt we'd find anything living that'd be of interest, but we already have found life on other planets, so there's always possibilities that over time this life could evolve into something bigger.

Never know, man.

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Given the sheer number of potentially life-sustaining planets out there in the universe, it's a virtual certainty that similar intelligent alien races exist somewhere outside our solar system (whether it be at the same time as us, in the past or the future).

Have they secretly made contact with human governments/abduct people a la conspiracy theories? Definitely not. That stuff is all a hoax, the raving of attention-seeking lunatics with deep-seated psychological issues. I should know, having been swept up in that deluded community about 6 years back.
This is pretty much how I feel. Given how far we can reach/see right now, and what is left out there, plus what we know (that some small organisms have been found) it seems reasonable to believe there is life out there. Are they more advanced/less advanced, who's to know.

As for the contact part. I mean sure, if someone had the means to travel all that distance safely, I am sure they could have visited, but also the chances are really slim in the sense that the universe is so vast. As for the abductions, never bought it, and for sure not in contact with governments, though I do enjoy watching the likes of V and thinking about it. That said, I am sure if there is a race advanced enough to travel/find us (and actually found us), I'd not be shocked if they did peak in on us, I mean we barely know who is snooping on us in our own countries let alone extraterrestrials!

LightlyToasted

Smash Cadet
IThe distance from the Sun to the Earth would be one astronomical unit (a.u.). To put this in units we are more familiar with one a.u. is approximately 150 million km or 93 million miles.
I already knew it was huge, but as a Gurren Laggen Fan, this make me giggler to think of how big they get towards the end of the series, and how big they would be in actual miles. I think someone made a chart of that somewhere...

But I do believe alien is the improper term seeing as it refers to countries or nations, so those using Extra terrestrial would be the proper way.

terminology aside, I do think life is out there, though it obviously might not be carbon based, which makes it more difficult for us, as our primary perception of life's existence is carbon based organisms. Anybody have a solid idea of what NASA measures as "Life" on other planets? My pool of knowledge in this field is limited.

As a random note I think people who are quick to point Stonehenge and the Pyramids, among other crazy early feats of humanity as a sign of Extra terrestrials, are just downplaying the ingenuity of humanity, and not giving ancient homo sapiens the credit they deserve.

Kashology

Smash Cadet
Anything without proof is fake until proven real. But I bet somewhere there is something like a bear or fish that is not an intelligence alien
Proof to who? Us? This way of thinking is highly irrational, a few years ago we didn't discover the new earth-sized planet, so did the lack of proof make the fact that it actually exists any less true? Quite a lot of humans tend to be very arrogant people, thinking the universe revolves around them, it doesn't. Of course things can be real outside of our knowledge, the fact that we know or don't know doesn't change anything in reality, things don't have to be proven to us for them to exist.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back on topic: Like someone else said in this thread, the sheer size of the universe is so big that it's hard to imagine that there isn't any other intelligent life out there. Also, why do people focus on water when looking for other signs of life? Just because we thrive on water, doesn't mean everyone in the entire universe does. There could be a number of lifeforms that does't need water, or possibly are even are damaged by it.

Last edited:

no1butmenotu

Smash Cadet
Due to how massive the universe is, I'm pretty certain that aliens exist in some shape or form. As for if there is any credible information about them? Who knows? People lie and make up stuff all the time.

extremecoopster

Smash Cadet
NNID
kittykat2
It depends, do you mean any life on other far-away planets intelligent or not, or the aliens you find on TV?

OlBigRigs

Smash Rookie

There appears to be a vast amount of time between the beginning of the universe and the age of our planet. Given that there are more planets than there are grains of salt on the Earth, I believe it is very naive to believe that we may be the only intelligent life in the cosmos. If you hold this to be possible, then you must also take in to account that the said "other intelligent life" may have been here for thousands, millions or even billions of years longer than us (represented by the chart). And if that is also true then they may know we are here, and we do not have the faintest idea about them. They may look at us the same as we look at other irrelevant species, for example an ant. When we build new roads ants do not pay attention to the new scenery net to their homes, instead they continue doing what they always do. There could be "Roads" that a far superior intelligent species created in our galaxy, but we do not have the capability to fathom it yet.The entire universe is still a mystery to us just like new roads would be too ants. Our own planet is sometimes still a mystery to us humans, but given time we may be building our "Roads" across the galaxy for other life to ponder. Here's a good quote to end this ridiculously long 2nd post.
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
- Arthur C. Clark

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
There's a zero percent chance that intelligent life doesn't exist elsewhere within our vast universe. Will we ever make contact with it? Eh, probably not in the near future, but it's fun to speculate. I for one welcome our new extraterrestrial overlords.

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
I love the idea of life in the Universe. Considering it's size and the sheer amount of galaxies, star systems, and planetary systems, statistically there should be planets with a similar atmosphere and conditions needed for life (as we know it) to potentially develop into evolutionary advanced beings.

Of course, bacteria have such a high tolerance to extreme conditions they could survive in some places that would be impossible for complex life. So that can further allow life to develop in harsh environments.

Even then, there is the theory that life could be based on Silicon as opposed to Carbon. That could mean highly different environments required for Silocon based life forms to exist, which could add more planets to the list of planets (and moons) that might sustain life.

With that said I doubt they would visit us anytime soon. The distances are too vast (as people have mentioned), and ultimately they might not think it's worth the journey!

As Monty Python said in The Meaning Of Life: "pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, cos there's bugger all down here on Earth".

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
I am a PASSIONATELY strong believer in them. To think we are the only intelligent life is egotistical and closed-minded. Think of a beach and its million granules of sand. Surely in the Universe there must exist other life. And I definitely wouldn't deny the possibility of them being here on Earth in the past. Heck the amount of stories of sightings too.

NNID
Budget_Player
I am a PASSIONATELY strong believer in them. To think we are the only intelligent life is egotistical and closed-minded. Think of a beach and its million granules of sand. Surely in the Universe there must exist other life.
You had me... And then you lost me.

And I definitely wouldn't deny the possibility of them being here on Earth in the past. Heck the amount of stories of sightings too.
The nearest star is 4.2 light years away. The nearest known potentially habitable exoplanet is something like 12 light years away, and in that case we're seriously stretching "potentially habitable". 12 light years is a long way away. The idea that a species would travel that far, to another habitable planet, and then spend most of their time interacting with rednecks in the middle of nowhere who nobody will ever believe. Yeah, there are reported alien sightings. In a world where almost everyone carries a digital camera pretty much 24/7, we still have absolutely no confirmation. And the plausibility of the claim just isn't particularly high. 12 light years means that even at relativistic speeds (and let's not mince words here - asserting FTL travel, or even something like 10% light-speed travel, is really like asserting "aliens can do magic"), you're looking at decades of travel. And they do that to visit our planet and... Buzz some yokels.

The idea that we've been visited by extraterrestrials is just utterly implausible. People who claim alien abduction are generally implausible.

'A teaser? Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around
looking for planets which haven't made interstellar contact yet and buzz them.'

'Buzz them?' Arthur began to feel that Ford was enjoying making life difficult
for him.

'Yeah,' said Ford, 'they buzz them. They find some isolated spot with very few
people around, then land right by some poor unsuspecting soul whom no one's ever
going to believe and them strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennae
on their head and making beep beep noises. Rather childish really.'
:laugh:

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
You had me... And then you lost me.
My point is, the universe is very large. There is a good possibility for other lifeforms to exist somewhere. Imo, I really do think so.

The nearest star is 4.2 light years away. The nearest known potentially habitable exoplanet is something like 12 light years away, and in that case we're seriously stretching "potentially habitable". 12 light years is a long way away. The idea that a species would travel that far, to another habitable planet, and then spend most of their time interacting with rednecks in the middle of nowhere who nobody will ever believe. Yeah, there are reported alien sightings. In a world where almost everyone carries a digital camera pretty much 24/7, we still have absolutely no confirmation. And the plausibility of the claim just isn't particularly high. 12 light years means that even at relativistic speeds (and let's not mince words here - asserting FTL travel, or even something like 10% light-speed travel, is really like asserting "aliens can do magic"), you're looking at decades of travel. And they do that to visit our planet and... Buzz some yokels.
That's what we know so far, what we don't know cannot be denied or agreed on. In my views, anything can be possible.
The idea that we've been visited by extraterrestrials is just utterly implausible.People who claim alien abduction are generally implausible.
Let me guess. No evidence to look back to? In my views the pyramids are a nice starting point. As soon as I say that, I can assure you I will get barked at.
Welp, another thing we can't be sure of either. Only thing I can say is we are not behind their eyes. But hey they can just be making stuff up, no?

Last edited:

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
My point is, the universe is very large. There is a good possibility for other lifeforms to exist somewhere. Imo, I really do think so.

That's what we know so far, what we don't know cannot be denied or agreed on. In my views, anything can be possible.

Let me guess. No evidence to look back to? In my views the pyramids are a nice starting point. As soon as I say that, I can assure you I will get barked at.
Welp, another thing we can't be sure of either. Only thing I can say is we are not behind their eyes. But hey they can just be making stuff up, no?
Actually there's a Theory that us are the aliens, and we where created and send to this planet, I remember a pretty long and interesting video about the subject. I believe in Aliens, I'm pretty sure they where already here, I could give a lot of examples but let's see a lot of historical oddness, and mysteries about human evolution. In the end yes they are real, but It's hard to proof if they are or not among us

NNID
Budget_Player
And I agree. I'll even go so far as to say that it's a damn near certainty that there is some intelligent life somewhere in the universe. But the problem is, the likelihood that any of them came to visit us is incredibly unlikely, and if you consider how these aliens supposedly acted, it gets towards "god works in mysterious ways" territories.

We have a super-advanced race of aliens capable of interstellar travel, and they travel to our planet. Without leaving so much as a radio signal. No attempts to communicate with us before their visit (or are those just being covered up by the government?). Most interactions with them involve a single person being taken up to a spaceship, examined/probed (as though they couldn't just come and ask). Supposedly the government is hiding them - to what end, I have no idea. None of this makes any sense. Can you imagine acting like this if we visited a foreign world? I can't.

Whether or not something is possible needs to be shown just as well as if something is true. But beyond that, I'm not sure what your point is here. Yeah, we don't know everything. But that's hardly a viable excuse.

Care to elaborate on that? How do the pyramids provide evidence of alien intervention?

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
And I agree. I'll even go so far as to say that it's a damn near certainty that there is some intelligent life somewhere in the universe. But the problem is, the likelihood that any of them came to visit us is incredibly unlikely, and if you consider how these aliens supposedly acted, it gets towards "god works in mysterious ways" territories.

We have a super-advanced race of aliens capable of interstellar travel, and they travel to our planet. Without leaving so much as a radio signal. No attempts to communicate with us before their visit (or are those just being covered up by the government?). Most interactions with them involve a single person being taken up to a spaceship, examined/probed (as though they couldn't just come and ask). Supposedly the government is hiding them - to what end, I have no idea. None of this makes any sense. Can you imagine acting like this if we visited a foreign world? I can't.

Whether or not something is possible needs to be shown just as well as if something is true. But beyond that, I'm not sure what your point is here. Yeah, we don't know everything. But that's hardly a viable excuse.

Care to elaborate on that? How do the pyramids provide evidence of alien intervention?
Alright, I see your point. Perhaps I should of stated that I like the theory of them visiting here earlier. That includes the pyramids, there are a myriad of videos and articles on such thing, but again, they are just theories. But I always like to ponder on them, perhaps they are just good at hiding themselves, lol. Either way, I'll just sit here and wait for something to surface. Not literally of course.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Given the size of just a single galaxy alone, out of the countless 100,000,000,000 (estimated) in the universe, to say we are the only life in the whole of existence (intelligent or not) would be very arrogant. Also, if one is a supporter of the multiverse theory, and if that theory ever turns out to be true, then that would add too many variables that could swing in favor of life outside of this tiny, seemingly worthless rock (in the grand scheme of things) we call Earth.

NNID
Budget_Player
Alright, I see your point. Perhaps I should of stated that I like the theory of them visiting here earlier. That includes the pyramids, there are a myriad of videos and articles on such thing, but again, they are just theories. But I always like to ponder on them, perhaps they are just good at hiding themselves, lol. Either way, I'll just sit here and wait for something to surface. Not literally of course.
I'd really appreciate it if you expanded on this point somewhat. What do the pyramids have to do with aliens?

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
I'd really appreciate it if you expanded on this point somewhat. What do the pyramids have to do with aliens?
I'll try my best. And by pyramids, I mean the pyramids I mean the Pyramids of Giza. Contrary to popular belief, the engineering seems quite advanced for their time. It seems odd to think that thousands of slaves were used to drag these stones from who knows where and build them with such precision and arrangement. Nowadays they are weathered; I bet they looked a lot neater in the past. Also, then there's the odd arrangement they are in. They line up perfectly with Orion's Belt in the sky on a certain solstice. Another interesting detail is the Teotihuacan Pyramids in Mexico also line up with Orion's Belt. Then there is the Xi'an Pyramids in China, too. What's this got to do with aliens? I'd say the engineering, the alignment with Orion's Belt in particular, which seems to hold some divine significance to each of these civilizations, and the fact that these civilizations never came into contact with each other, as far as textbooks say.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'll try my best. And by pyramids, I mean the pyramids I mean the Pyramids of Giza. Contrary to popular belief, the engineering seems quite advanced for their time. It seems odd to think that thousands of slaves were used to drag these stones from who knows where and build them with such precision and arrangement. Nowadays they are weathered; I bet they looked a lot neater in the past. Also, then there's the odd arrangement they are in. They line up perfectly with Orion's Belt in the sky on a certain solstice. Another interesting detail is the Teotihuacan Pyramids in Mexico also line up with Orion's Belt. Then there is the Xi'an Pyramids in China, too. What's this got to do with aliens? I'd say the engineering, the alignment with Orion's Belt in particular, which seems to hold some divine significance to each of these civilizations, and the fact that these civilizations never came into contact with each other, as far as textbooks say.
All this really shows is that mankind, even back then, knew how to construct elaborate structures. Primitive as the technology was back then, we weren't exactly cavemen either.

As for Orion's Belt and the solstice, it could be argued that much of humanity looked to the solstice for time purposes, especially with keeping track of the seasons. The fact they all seem to have built these structures to align with Orion's Belt on said solstice could very well be coincidental.

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
All this really shows is that mankind, even back then, knew how to construct elaborate structures. Primitive as the technology was back then, we weren't exactly cavemen either.

As for Orion's Belt and the solstice, it could be argued that much of humanity looked to the solstice for time purposes, especially with keeping track of the seasons. The fact they all seem to have built these structures to align with Orion's Belt on said solstice could very well be coincidental.
Hm! Yeah it possible can be just that instead. The Mayans were masterful at mathematics, so I wouldn't doubt it. But for me, imo, coincidences can only be stretched so far, heheh.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
So in essence, alien cultures advanced enough in technology to engage in interstellar travel came to earth a few thousand years ago, and either built pyramids out of rocks or had humans build them, for the purpose of aligning them with celestial objects.

And the reason these alien entities wanted to have celestially-aligned pyramidal blocks is because... art? Astrology? Xeno-religious or spiritual statements (you say "divine significance", but on what basis)? Trolling or toying with humans? Does this alien race just really like building pyramids on the planets they come across? Why no pyramids on Mars or Titan, or even Luna?

And where did they go? Did they just stop by Earth, have the pyramids erected, then leave?

You'd think that an interstellar-capable alien group/culture/society would have better and/or more important things to do than diddling with a gaggle of analog hominids. You may find the pyramids to be impressive, if not baffling feats of architecture. But when you invoke alien architects or contractors, these kinds of questions arise, and it erodes the feasibility of alien architects.

It's why I don't assert the Alien Architect Hypothesis with any real weight, anyway. I'm wary of appeals to ignorance, wherein one fills gaps in their knowledge with aliens, God, or whatever else. "We don't know how X occurred, so it must have been Y". Yet not only is Y hardly a known quantity, but Y may not be the only plausible explanation.

NNID
Budget_Player
I'll try my best. And by pyramids, I mean the pyramids I mean the Pyramids of Giza. Contrary to popular belief, the engineering seems quite advanced for their time. It seems odd to think that thousands of slaves were used to drag these stones from who knows where and build them with such precision and arrangement.
Who knows where? About 85% of the stone used in the pyramid was sandstone, and it was quarried on-site (in fact, there's good reason to believe they built it where they did because they could quarry on-site). Cheop's pyramid is smack-dab in the middle of a huge sandstone quarry. The remaining 15% was mostly limestone and granite, neither of which were in short supply in the area. Not only that, but canals were carved out from the Nile to make transporting it easier. (Source: http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/references-and-transcripts/the-pyramids/ )

And sure it's odd. But civilizations have always wasted massive amounts of money on impressive, useless endeavors. And we're talking about the tomb of a god-king here. You know, someone whose citizens thought that they were divine - literally the children of gods. The idea of going through so much work to ensure a cushy eternal resting place is not that bizarre. Vain, hopelessly so, but again: god-king. If vanity was a track sport, these guys would be some perverse cross between Usain Bolt and a cheetah.

The fact is that nothing about the pyramids is impossible. It was possible to hew massive granite blocks from stone using only tools the ancient egyptians had on hand. It was possible to carry massive blocks using only the sleds and ropes they had available at the time. It was possible to ship massive amounts of rock via boat, even back then. There's even some pretty sturdy hypotheses dealing with how they did it. Nothing here is supernatural or bizarre.

Also, then there's the odd arrangement they are in. They line up perfectly with Orion's Belt in the sky on a certain solstice.
This is interesting, and a curious coincidence. Or is it? The way the pyramids were arranged allowed for perfect viewing from the Nile, where almost everyone would see them.

Another interesting detail is the Teotihuacan Pyramids in Mexico also line up with Orion's Belt. Then there is the Xi'an Pyramids in China, too. What's this got to do with aliens? I'd say the engineering, the alignment with Orion's Belt in particular, which seems to hold some divine significance to each of these civilizations, and the fact that these civilizations never came into contact with each other, as far as textbooks say.
So let's say all of this is right (personally, I question the way it's measured in Teotihuacan and the clearly differing scales of these monuments, and they don't "line up" with Orion's belt, their points have a similar configuration). What should we take from this? Well, it's a bizarre coincidence, I'll give you that. But think about the hypothesis you are furthering to explain this. Which is less likely:

1. 3 different societies coincidentally each had a set of monuments which matched up with approximately the shape of Orion's Belt (and probably countless other monuments which did not)
  2. We were visited by an extra-terrestrial life-form with great powers from a distance that would take eons to travel, and then never heard from them again
I'm going to exclude FTL travel because, as previously stated, it's essentially appealing to magic. There's something in that first one that really clinches it for me - the fact that these are all societies that built countless monuments, and that there are countless other societies who also built gigantic structures. How hard could it be to find a handful of them with a pattern that seems unreal? There's a great page in "Chaos, Coincidences, And All That Math Jazz" on the subject, where the author expounds on something similar:

Since the 1960s there has been a mini-industry of people pointing out the eerie similarities between Abraham Lincoln, assassinated in April 1865, and John F. Kennedy, assassinated in November 1963.

Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846, Kennedy 100 years later. Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon B. Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908. John Wilkes Booth, who shot Lincoln, was born in 1839. Lee Harvey Oswald, who shot Kennedy, was born in 1939. Kennedy’s secretary was named Lincoln; Lincoln’s secretary was named Kennedy.
(There's even more in the book, including a particularly funny quip about Lincoln being in Monroe, Maryland, and Kennedy being in... Well, you know.)

But that's the thing. Infinite monkeys and infinite typewriters will print Shakespeare eventually. When you have so many civilizations to choose from, and so many monuments to cherry-pick, is it any wonder you find a weird coincidence like this? Meanwhile, we have two explanations: either it was a weird, eerie coincidence (something that is guaranteed to happen once in a great while), or a technologically advanced species from the distant stars traveled presumably Millenia to visit us, stack a bunch of rocks together for no visible purpose, and leave again. I'm gonna go with "coincidence".

Last edited:

TheMadHatterer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheMadHatter1298
3DS FC
3926-5161-8105
Considering the sheer amount of habitable planets (by our standards, anyway) in our galaxy alone, it's almost statistically impossible for there not to be life other than us within our galaxy. That being said, it's also highly improbable that we developed intelligence before them; if there were, they should have been noticed by us by now...right?

The thing is, there's also the possibility of them having developed ways of communication undetectable with our current technology- and that they could be keeping us in the dark intentionally. Until we have solid, undeniable proof, however, all of this will remain pure speculation.

D

Deleted member

It depends on what you consider "Alien". If you think aliens are the thing from Hollywood then no they don't exist because there has been no findings or proof of their existence. If you think aliens are small clusters or bacteria that grow in water then they do exist. I personally don't think they exist for multiple reason but I wont go into detail.

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
It depends on what you consider "Alien". If you think aliens are the thing from Hollywood then no they don't exist because there has been no findings or proof of their existence. If you think aliens are small clusters or bacteria that grow in water then they do exist. I personally don't think they exist for multiple reason but I wont go into detail.
Wow. Just wow.

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
Elaborate? This doesn't contribute to the post one bit...
My apologies, sir. I have conflicting beliefs you see; I assure they won't get in the way again. But I will leave you with this: If we know nothing about something, then how can we be sure it doesn't exist?

D

Deleted member

My apologies, sir. I have conflicting beliefs you see; I assure they won't get in the way again. But I will leave you with this: If we know nothing about something, then how can we be sure it doesn't exist?
We can never be sure wether something exists if we can't prove either option. At this point in time there is so little proof and information about aliens that it might as well be a religion...

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
I do believe that Aliens are real. There is defiantly life beyond Earth. I for one will never stop believing.

atzero

Smash Cadet
Meh theres some proof they are and there not its just to confusing so we need to analyze sightings and proof of aliens and see if they seem legit or not!
Just ask the resident of Arizona if they think aliens are real, OP. They will tell you that they are in fact very real and illegal, and they keep stealing their jobs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom