• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arceus, The God Pokemon for Brawl

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord

Who would be a better character than Arceus? He is the strongest pokemon in the history of pokemon. His name means God. He is the creator of the pokemon world. He is God essentially. His attack called Judgement, basically owns everyone. Screw Lucario and Deoxys. I wanna play with holy power. XD

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I never thought of that. He probably will be a pokeball pokemon. He has basically no chance as a playable character though. Especially because he's an event pokemon that you cant get in the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't believe in God, and neither do I believe Arceus will be in Brawl.

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Arceus is too big, and as others mentioned, on all fours. Its Multitype ability would make it stupidly powerful if it were worked into the game, and gamers who haven´t gone online and looked at sites like Serebii.net don´t know anything about Arceus´ existence. You´re not supposed to know yet, as Nintendo hasn´t revealed it officially.

But I think it would be great as the rarest possible Poké Ball Pokémon, performing Judgment upon entrance.

Sariku

Smash Master
Arceus is too big, and as others mentioned, on all fours. Its Multitype ability would make it stupidly powerful if it were worked into the game, and gamers who haven´t gone online and looked at sites like Serebii.net don´t know anything about Arceus´ existence. You´re not supposed to know yet, as Nintendo hasn´t revealed it officially.

But I think it would be great as the rarest possible Poké Ball Pokémon, performing Judgment upon entrance.
Its big? Well even if it is, so is Lugia and them. But they Appeared.

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad said:
Hes talking about as a character. He didn't say he's too big for the pokeballs.
Exactly. Arceus is too big to be a playable character, but it would be perfect as a Poké Ball Pokémon, much like Lugia in SSBM.

Super Smash Master said:
He's not THAT big. He is only ten feet high says Serebii.
Sarcasm amirite?

Vali

Smash Ace
Check out the official Brawl Info Thread, found in my Sig.
It's nice that you're proud of your thread and want a little attention but Christ (who I don't believe in sticking on topic of God) quit it with the advertising spam. It's fine to leave it in your sig but constantly posting it at the end of every comment you post on every thread is beyond annoying.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Exactly. Arceus is too big to be a playable character, but it would be perfect as a Poké Ball Pokémon, much like Lugia in SSBM.

Sarcasm amirite?

Kirby is 8 inches tall, bujt they made him bigger, and I'm sure bowser is a little bigger too.

I'm sure they can size him down a bit, BUT, he shouldn't be in brawl. But i do give props to Super Smash Master for thinking of the idea, i never would've thought of it.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm not sure how to say this...

You know...

I think God as a character would be kind of cheap?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It's been said a few times, but the pokeball is really where Arceus belongs. Practically all legendaries end up in them, and I guess that's where most of the new ones will end up too. Granted there are exceptions like Mewtwo, but he is workable as a smash character due to his shape. Arceus simply isn't as easy to implement.

That said, I'm all for it being a pokeball character.

a Level 100 Pichu can take it down in one hit you know ? >_> <_< >_>
I highly doubt that. Arceus has a 120 base in each stat, Pichu is very unlikely to ever see such stats. Plus, Arceus can make himself a ground type, which pretty much screws pichu over.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Why does everybody think that a character that walks on 4 legs can't be playable? As long as he has a way of holding items, there's no reason he needs to have arms. Mewtwo picks up items with his mind, and Pichu picks up items with his mouth. So why can't Arceus do one of those two things? I think a playable character that walked on 4 legs would be cool. Mortal Kombat had a 4 legged playable character.

Super Smash Master
He has basically no chance as a playable character though.
I think he has a chance. I think he'd be a better choice then Lucario, or pretty much any of the other Pokemon people have suggested.

Super Smash Master
Especially because he's an event pokemon that you cant get in the game.
You can get him in the game, you just have to go to the event where they give out the item required to get him. Or you can just use a cheat device like Action Replay, which is why a lot of people already have him.

Diddy Kong
I don't believe in God, and neither do I believe Arceus will be in Brawl.
I don't believe in Diddy Kong, but that doesn't mean he can't be in the game.

Sariku.Uchiha
Check out our .:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. its in my sig.
No.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad
What? Why are you guys saying you don't beleive in god... thats just weird (not the fact that you don't but the fact your posting it.)
I think the fact that they don't believe is weird too.

Kunitsuna
Arceus is too big
No he isn't. He's 10 ft. 6 in. It's not like he's a giant like Groudon or some other legendaries people have said.

Kunitsuna
Its Multitype ability would make it stupidly powerful if it were worked into the game
How's that?

Kunitsuna
and gamers who haven´t gone online and looked at sites like Serebii.net don´t know anything about Arceus´ existence.
So? I didn't know who like half the characters in Melee were until that came out, and I didn't die.

Kunitsuna
You´re not supposed to know yet, as Nintendo hasn´t revealed it officially.
What?

Sariku.Uchiha
Its big? Well even if it is, so is Lugia and them. But they Appeared.
No, not like Lugia. He'd be about Bowser's size, probably.

Kunitsuna
Exactly. Arceus is too big to be a playable character
You're too lazy to be an intelligent poster. If you'd actually take the time to look it up, you'd know he's not that big.

Kunitsuna
Sarcasm amirite?
Yeah, of course you're right. (<---That's what sarcasm looks like, btw)

Sariku.Uchiha
Yeah, hes too big
No he's not.

Sariku.Uchiha
Check out the official Brawl Info Thread, found in my Sig.
Stop saying that. Nobody cares.

Vali
It's nice that you're proud of your thread and want a little attention but Christ (who I don't believe in sticking on topic of God) quit it with the advertising spam.
Why does everybody keep announcing their lack of religion? We're talking about a Pokemon! Nobody cares what you believe in.

LukeFonFabre
Arceus simply isn't as easy to implement.
If Mario can be worked into NBA Street V3, Arceus can be worked into Smash.

You guys are all forgetting something. Arceus is God! God can be a playable character in any game he wants. God wouldn't come out of a pokeball to do another character's bidding. They made Pichu a playable character, and I'm pretty sure he's the Anti-Christ.

Think of how awesome it would be to play as a character who is God. His B move would kill your opponent's first born child.

You people who don't believe should really get Arceus in your lives. He sent his only son, Dialga or Palkia(depending on which version you have), to be captured in a Pokeball for your sins.

Seriously though, I don't know what Arceus' chances are, but he's one of the best character ideas I've heard so far. I'd be disappointed if he was just in a Pokeball.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Why does everybody think that a character that walks on 4 legs can't be playable? As long as he has a way of holding items, there's no reason he needs to have arms. Mewtwo picks up items with his mind, and Pichu picks up items with his mouth. So why can't Arceus do one of those two things? I think a playable character that walked on 4 legs would be cool. Mortal Kombat had a 4 legged playable character.

I think he has a chance. I think he'd be a better choice then Lucario, or pretty much any of the other Pokemon people have suggested.

You can get him in the game, you just have to go to the event where they give out the item required to get him. Or you can just use a cheat device like Action Replay, which is why a lot of people already have him.

I don't believe in Diddy Kong, but that doesn't mean he can't be in the game.

No.

I think the fact that they don't believe is weird too.

No he isn't. He's 10 ft. 6 in. It's not like he's a giant like Groudon or some other legendaries people have said.

How's that?

So? I didn't know who like half the characters in Melee were until that came out, and I didn't die.

What?

No, not like Lugia. He'd be about Bowser's size, probably.

You're too lazy to be an intelligent poster. If you'd actually take the time to look it up, you'd know he's not that big.

Yeah, of course you're right. (<---That's what sarcasm looks like, btw)

No he's not.

Stop saying that. Nobody cares.

Why does everybody keep announcing their lack of religion? We're talking about a Pokemon! Nobody cares what you believe in.

You guys are all forgetting something. Arceus is God! God can be a playable character in any game he wants. God wouldn't come out of a pokeball to do another character's bidding. They made Pichu a playable character, and I'm pretty sure he's the Anti-Christ.

Think of how awesome it would be to play as a character who is God. His B move would kill your opponent's first born child.

You people who don't believe should really get Arceus in your lives. He sent his only son, Dialga or Palkia(depending on which version you have), to be captured in a Pokeball for your sins.

Seriously though, I don't know what Arceus' chances are, but he's one of the best character ideas I've heard so far. I'd be disappointed if he was just in a Pokeball.
Well, be prepared to be dissapointed.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
If it wasn't for game-hacking, we wouldn't even know about Arceus.
I don't know if Nintendo is going to acknowledge it until sometime next year. Because Nintendo's weird like that.

Fawriel

Smash Master
It's not like four-legged characters can't fight, it's rather that large four-legged characters would look extremely AWKWARD if downsized to a workable level.

And the character's still overkill.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
freeman123 said:
That made me laugh. Apparently you're too lazy to look up that Groudon is 11' 6". Definitly not some giant like Groudon, eh?

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Whoever said that Nintendo never really unvieled him is kind of right. He is the only pokemon with no official artwork yet. I bet the next movie will revolve around him.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
pineappleupsetshark
If it wasn't for game-hacking, we wouldn't even know about Arceus.
I don't know if Nintendo is going to acknowledge it until sometime next year. Because Nintendo's weird like that.
Well everybody seems to know that you get it by attending some kind of event. You can't find that out from hacking, so somebody must have announced that.

Oasis_S
Apparently you're too lazy to look up that Groudon is 11' 6". Definitly not some giant like Groudon, eh?
He IS a giant. Have you seen how wide he is? In Brawl he practically takes up the entire stage. He's the heaviest Pokemon there is. He's even called the "Continent Pokemon."

Micahc

Smash Ace

Oh dear God this made me laugh. And for the record, Arceus(sp?) has next to zero chance of making it in, he hasn't appeared in anything noteworthy other than being an event legend. To brake out of the norm of people expressing their unreligious... ness, I'm a Christian.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
He IS a giant. Have you seen how wide he is? In Brawl he practically takes up the entire stage. He's the heaviest Pokemon there is. He's even called the "Continent Pokemon."
I guess I wasn't very specific on the point I was trying to make, (Arceus being just as big as Groudon, Pokemon-wise) since you pretty much just elaborated on what I was trying to say. :ohwell:

You were saying that Arceus isn't very big compared to Groudon, but Arceus is a merely one foot shorter than Groudon. We've already seen how large Groudon is in Brawl. So I'm confused why you would use something so close to Arceus' height when trying to make Arceus seem smaller. 10' 6" is quite tall among pokemon considering the vast majority of them are below five feet tall. :laugh:

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Whoever said that Nintendo never really unvieled him is kind of right. He is the only pokemon with no official artwork yet. I bet the next movie will revolve around him.
Theres Shaymin artwork now?
*goes check*

YOU LIER!

Why did you lie to me :(

Also P.S. I own Arceus in Pokemon Pearl

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
By the time they reveal Arceus in Japan, Brawl will probably have been out for well over a year.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Oasis_S
I guess I wasn't very specific on the point I was trying to make, (Arceus being just as big as Groudon, Pokemon-wise) since you pretty much just elaborated on what I was trying to say.
He's not as big as Groudon, though.

Oasis_S
You were saying that Arceus isn't very big compared to Groudon
He's not.

Oasis_S
but Arceus is a merely one foot shorter than Groudon.
Heighth-wise, maybe... but Groudon is a giant fat@#$.

Oasis_S
So I'm confused why you would use something so close to Arceus' height when trying to make Arceus seem smaller. 10' 6" is quite tall among pokemon considering the vast majority of them are below five feet tall.
Motaro is bigger then most of the characters in Mortal Kombat, and he walks on 4 legs, but he was still a playable character. He isn't a giant either.

Just because Arceus is taller then other Pokemon doesn't make him a giant. Groudon is a giant. How do I know Arceus isn't that big too? Because Groudon is only a foot taller then Arceus and yet Arceus weighs 1,388.9 lbs. less then Groudon does. So Groudon must weigh a whole lot more per foot then Arceus, which would make Arceus significantly smaller then Groudon.

Lupo Aro
By the time they reveal Arceus in Japan, Brawl will probably have been out for well over a year.
Roy hadn't even been in a game yet before Melee. Arceus is actually in a game that's out now, so he has at least as good a chance as Roy did.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Weird, but who knows, maybe it could use the 4 legs to its' advantage.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!

Who would be a better character than Arceus? He is the strongest pokemon in the history of pokemon. His name means God. He is the creator of the pokemon world. He is God essentially. His attack called Judgement, basically owns everyone. Screw Lucario and Deoxys. I wanna play with holy power. XD

One word, Lucario

Lucario is the not-cute poster icon of PKMN so I must give a huge NO!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I said he wasn't as easy to implement as Mewtwo, which is undeniable seeing as Mewtwo is a humanoid shape while Arceus is a fairly large quadruped. Arceus is really more suited as a pokeball character, because there's no way Sakurai's letting a God be playable (unless they pre-nerf him, and I think we'd all rather not have Mewtwo 2.0).

Top Bottom