• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APRIL 25, SOVA'S MELEE REVIVAL!!!...Part 2. Results thread up...

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
looks like pools. 8 pools of 8 people or so each. top 3 or 4 of each? hmm. should be 4 since a good load of good players will be present. so i don't wanna screw some people over lol. what do you think toasty?

if we get everything confirmed by 24th i can start making POOLS the night before and post them up. so for the people who confirm late we'll make last min decisions AT the venue to make things run smoother.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
looks like pools. 8 pools of 8 people or so each. top 3 or 4 of each? hmm. should be 4 since a good load of good players will be present. so i don't wanna screw some people over lol. what do you think toasty?

if we get everything confirmed by 24th i can start making POOLS the night before and post them up. so for the people who confirm late we'll make last min decisions AT the venue to make things run smoother.
Great Idea!!

Ya man. Name a matchup and a price.
Haha You can pick who you want.
Im only saying mm$ So you hopefully dont hold back.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I love you MaSHi ^_^

and yesss I absolutely want more than 2 people to make it out of pools. A 32 man bracket is WAY doable with the setup we're going to have. Right now I'm just waiting on the school to okay our reservation request for the second venue and then I'll send out confirmation messages to anyone bringing setups and we'll be good to go =D

I might have a mini fest at my place the night before so you're welcome to come through with your crew and stay over. We can make pools then =D I just need to know if my parents are leaving friday during the day or saturday morning XD

g-regulate

Smash Hero
im still planning on going to this with KM. he expressed interested about 2-3 weeks ago about this, so hopefully he'll still be down and able to make it. i may possibly bring my brother if he is interested in coming, and i may try to work something out with tope and TR since we are tight like that, unless they already have a full car in which we'd probably ride separate. id probably need friday housing and possibly saturday depending on how i feel after the tourney. thanks to all for helping.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
G-reg, as far as a ride goes, it's looking like Me, Nelo, Isra, Tope, Geos and Doll are all going. Because of that, we'll be taking a second car that my friend Danny will be driving. If Savedge manages to get enough money to go, one of our cars will probably be picking him up on the way. I'll talk to him about it and try to confirm. If that all goes as planned, it'll be 8 people between two cars...So if you and KM need a ride, we could probably squeeze 5 into each car. It would be uncomfortable, but the drive isn't too long. It'd be great to see you, KM and TDFX again. If all of you came though, I dunno how we'd fit everyone unless Savedge wasn't going. I'll confirm everything and let you know ahead of time. =D

And Malco, I'm assuming you play Falco? We can just do a best 2/3 or 3/5 and I'll use whatever character seems appropriate for the counterpicks and so forth.

I plan on breaking out my falco and falcon for this tourney. =D I've been playing them a lot lately and pretty much dropped Marth. Hopefully I can pick him back up soon, but he's just been too boring. =(

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
G reg, you and KM should come down and stay at my place on Friday.
Cyrain, you and the rest of TR should come down also.
Lozr and co. will be at my place on friday for sure.

Toasty, i CANT make it to the tourney. my boss planed a COD4 tourney at the store that day so i HAVE to be there and run it. =_=;

Trust me, id much rather be at this tourney having a blast all day. im gonna try and get off ASAP so i can still make it out and play casuals and watch the finals though.

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
i'm fine with jus the falcon ditto. i barely play marth either, plus i'm learning falcon @ the moment and i think it'll b moar fun.

toasty

Smash Hero
oh yeah OTIS you gotta come through on saturday night when you're done with work [I'm quite sad that you can't make it to the tourney :( :( :( :( :(] because if you can make it for ANY of the bracket matches but ESPECIALLY finals, your voice would be greatly appreciated for commentary ^_^

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
I get off work at 6pm and im pretty sure ill be off sunday so im good to go for saturday night. im pretty garbage at melee these days but im still really excited to play again. its been to long since this kind of crowd has formed in Sova. its one of the main reasons i played ^.^

toasty

Smash Hero
This kind of crowd has NEVER formed in SoVa for Smash...ever.

In fact, according to various sources (but correct me if I'm wrong), my LAST Melee Revival event in January already broke that record [or at least for people who actually entered since the most my Epic Madness events had was like...70...but only 13 entrants
>_>]

It just would NOT be the same without you dude...I pretty much jacked the torch from your inactive hands! And your fests were the breeding ground for the most of the old school talent in SoVa <3

rhan

Smash Hero
I might have to leave early at this. My dad's having some Military ceremony that I have to attend and he's picking me up from there so I guess we can go look for a suit. I haven't much info on this yet, but I'm striding to have him pick me up around 9 or 10 pm. He may want to pick me up earlier than that. If that happens I gotta take my setup's with me. Hopefully by then no one would really need my setups. Also people who wanna MM need to get me ASAP once tourney is finished so things can get done.

@O-No: You gotta be there even for a small time frame. No SoVA event is complete without your comedy there. :(

Foxy

Smash Master
This is looking like love. <3

Toasty, you should probably move GofG, Room, and SampsUn to the maybe list because I really have no idea if they're coming... however, I'm almost confirmed so leave me on!

O-No, you gotta come, I remember seeing you at Nekocon and Katsucon and I wanna play you again!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
hey Foxy I'd really appreciate it if, if those three guys don't make it, you can give a ride to any of the other NC bros who are in need of a ride [ask around! I think I remember some of them saying they'd come if they had a ride but I don't remember who said that >_>] and charge healthy gas moniez =D I'td be awesome if more NC bros came through ^_^

but yeah I'll move them to a maybe

glad you can make it!!!

RHAN - NOOOO :( that blows dude...hope you get to enjoy yourself

rhan

Smash Hero
Regaurding Doubles:

I don't plan on doing them, but I'll would be someone's partner if they can't find one and want to do doubles. Just tell me if you want to team or whatever.

Chars: Young Link, Samus, Sheik.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Daaammmnnnn NY up in this *****! Will any of you be needing a good teammate? L0zr had a sudden change of plans and Geos from Team Richmond no longer has a teammate. =(

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
L0zr had a sudden change of plans and Geos from Team Richmond no longer has a teammate. =(

Lolz, Figures I picked a teammate up barely over an hour ago, then this news happens! He'll find someone to team with, who's Doll teaming with anywho?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
wtf trey I thought you and Ether were teaming?!?!

and OMMMMMG NY!!!!

I got you on housing!!! Just bring pillows and blankets =D

It's a pretty big place so there is TONS of floor space [we just gotta move a bit of furniture around] but trust me I can accommodate like 15 people and Team Richmond (Tope/Cyrain/Geos/Doll/Savedge/Isra/Nelo/...Danny?) and maybe G-Reg & KM are all already going to be staying here.

holy crap Pac!!!

and yayuhhhzzzz BSX baby ^_^

edit: wtf @ LoZR?!?! :(!!!!!

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Sorry Mashi I already got the outcome. I went to a psychic and they told me it would be:

1st- Malco & Jeff
2nd- Jeff & Malco
3rd- Speed & Mashi

Nope just Kidding. 3rd goes to....

Jwolf & Malcolm

:)

Top Bottom