• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[April 18th, 2015] Moxie 3DS Singles

Sazh Katzroy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1993-9710-9291
3DS singles tournament
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read my first tournament thread on this site.

I've hosted a few tournaments before, and have gotten positive feedback from them, so I thought that getting more participants would be cool. But enough about that.
The time of the tour will be 8:00 PM EST

There will be a $10 Nintendo E Shop prize given to the first place winner.

The Rules:
- 2 stocks
- 6 minutes
- No items
- Legal stages
- Matches will be played best 2 out of 3, and 3 out of 5 for finals.
Legal stages:

Starters:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island

Counter picks:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Arena Ferox
- Prism Tower
Match flow (Best of 3):
- Player with the higher seed bans a starter (A seed is the number next to your name on the bracket.)
- Player with the lower seed bans a starter
- The game is played on the remaining stage
- The winner of the match bans a counter pick
- The loser then selects a counter pick
- The winner picks their character, and tells the loser what character they picked
- The loser picks their character
- The game is played on the counter pick
- If the winner of the first game wins the second, the match is over and the winner reports the scores.
- If the winner of the first game loses the second, The winner of the second game bans a counter pick. (Note: A player cannot select a stage they have previously won on.)
- The loser of the second game selects a counter pick
- The winner of the second game then selects their character, and tells the loser
- The loser of the second game then selects their character
- The winner of the third game wins the match, and reports the scores.

Match flow (Finals):
This kind of set is played a little differently, the initial bans of the starter stages are still present, but the counter pick bans are no longer in play. Other than that it's pretty much the same as in a best of 3. In grand finals the player from the winner's bracket bans a starter first. If player from the loser's bracket wins the match, another set will be played, if not the player from the winner's bracket takes the tour. If the player from the loser's bracket wins both sets they take the tour.

Links:
Bracket:
http://challonge.com/MoxieSingles

Sign-up: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/D7nJ5BXDAP

Chat: http://nimbus.psim.us/s

Chat rules:
Okay... There are pretty much only three rules.

- Respect each other
Don't insult someone's skill level... Please don't, "HAHA I BEAT YOU! YOU XDXD LOLOLLOLOL" or "You're so ****ing bad... Get gud c:" Or anything rude like that.

- No spamming.
I shouldn't have to explain that.

- No sexual content.
You can bye lewd, but please don't take it to places that are... Just don't.

IF YOU BREAK THESE RULES:
You will be warned. If you continue to break the rules after a warning you'll be muted for 7 minutes. If you decide to continue foolishness, you'll be muted for an hour. If, for whatever reason you decide to continue, you'll be banned and disqualified from the tour. Sexual media is an insta ban and dq.

I hope i didn't miss anything, and hope to see you in the tour. Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited:

JSwiss

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jswiss
3DS FC
1693-3370-5027
I'm signed up and interested. As this is my first online tournament how is this organized? I assume we will need to add our opponent as a friend? So how is that being organized. Thanks for info!

Sazh Katzroy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1993-9710-9291
I'm signed up and interested. As this is my first online tournament how is this organized? I assume we will need to add our opponent as a friend? So how is that being organized. Thanks for info!
On the chat site there is a Personal message function, you can use that to communicate with your opponent, Swap FCs, Do your picks, or you'll be able to PM the auths about any issues you're having.

Sazh Katzroy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1993-9710-9291
Update: There will be a $10 dollar E Shop gift card given to the winner of the tournament.

The prizes will get bigger with more participants, but I think ten bucks will do for now, especially with the Mewtwo DLC coming out.

Last edited:

Sazh Katzroy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1993-9710-9291
Thank you to everyone who signed up! We have 30+ participants in this tour, and it seems to be growing!

Remember to check in before the tour starts, check in starts one hour before the tournament.

JSwiss

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jswiss
3DS FC
1693-3370-5027
I have to back out of this if you can take me off the bracket. Sorry am out of town with an in person tournament. Have fun!

Sazh Katzroy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1993-9710-9291
I have to back out of this if you can take me off the bracket. Sorry am out of town with an in person tournament. Have fun!
Ah, no problem. Hope you place high in your tournament.

To those who can still make Moxie, the check in starts in a little over 30 minutes! Remember to join the chat, and don't forget to register your username!

Sazh Katzroy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1993-9710-9291
Congratulations to BeetleJojo for winning Moxie April 2015!
http://challonge.com/MoxieSTour
We had a nice turnout of 26 participants in tonight's tour, and had a blast! I'll be hosting Moxie II next month, so make sure you check this thread around that time!

Top Bottom