• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] Back in the Game [Smash 4] [Melee] (Homewood, IL)

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
BACK IN THE GAME

Super Smash brothers for Wii U singles tournament. Stay tuned, as it is possible that Melee singles might be added to the event as well.

-------

VENUE

Back in the Game
17941 S Halsted St
Homewood, IL

The Venue is actually a relatively new video game store in which sells the obvious as well a lot of retro stuff you won't see at Gamestop. It's quite spacious, and very sleek. It's also RIGHT next to a gas station and there's free parking all around the venue. There's even many nearby restaurants and stores
that are convenient to get to.

Lastly, it's in Homewood, IL. quite a drive for most of you Northern folk but a huge relief for the smashers down south like me. For anyone up north planning on going, it's right off I-80 express way on Halsted. It has a Giant Mario balloon sitting on top of the building so it's hard to miss.

If anyone wants to go check out the place, go ahead! Check their facebook page out and give them a like as well. They could use the publicity

Back in the Game Homewood

-------

EVENT(S)

-Smash Wii U Singles
-Melee Singles

Cost. Cash only
Venue Fee - $5
*Discounts with setups
Smash 4 Doubles - $10 per team
Smash 4 Singles - $5
Melee Singles - $5

-------

Tentative Schedule. Subject to change!

10am – Open/Sign ups

12:00pm – Smash 4 Doubles

3:00pm – Smash 4 and Melee Singles)

8:00pm – Close

-Signups end 30 min. before the scheduled start time for each event.

SMASH PAY OUT

1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

*Details may change as the date draws nearer.

-------

GENERAL RULES

Smash 4 bracket rules
* Double Elimination
* 2 STOCK 6 MINUTES
* All sets are best of 3 except for Winners finals, Losers Finals & Grand Finals
* Doubles is 3 stock 8 minutes

LEGAL STAGES

Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Smashville

Counterpick Stages

● Duck Hunt
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*

Stage Striking: One of the players will strike(ban) a stage from the Starter Stage list first. Then the other player strikes one stage and the remaining stage is used for the first match.

● Stage Clause: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set.

● Stage Bans: During the stage ban phase, the player who won the previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter or Counter pick lists.

● Self Destruct Moves: If a match ends with the successful use of a character’s selfdestruct move, the player that initiated the self destruct move wins the match regardless of what the results screen states.

Self destruct moves include only Ganondorf’s SideB, King Dedede’s NeutralB, Wario’s NeutralB, and Kirby’s NeutralB.

● Alternate Controllers: The Wii U Gamepad, Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo 2DS are banned from use as controllers. All other controllers are acceptable for this event.

IF YOU ARE USING A WIRELESS CONTROLLER PLEASE DISCONNECT IT FROM THE WII U AFTER YOUR MATCH IS OVER IF YOU ARE LEAVING THE SET UP.

For more info check out the APEX RULESET
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74563582/Apex/Apex2015_Rulebook.pdf

-BYOC (Bring your own controller): PLAYERS ARE EXPECTED TO BRING THEIR OWN CONTROLLER AND BE PREPARED FOR EVERY SET.

-------

DISCOUNTS
We need set ups for the tournament to run as smoothly as possible. So we're offering discounts will be given on a first come first serve basis to whoever brings set ups! If we don’t have space for more setups you will not receive a discount.

$2 Discount for bringing a Console
$2 Discount for bringing a Monitor

Bring Set ups please! We'll need em!

*You are responsible for your own belongings! Please label your equipment!

-------

Food
There are several restaurants nearby including Panda Express and. Mcdonalds. The venue is right next to a gas station as well. Please be aware of how the tournament is progressing and leave for food at a time that does not delay the tournament otherwise you will risk being DQ'd.

-Once your set is done PLAYERS MUST IMMEDIATELY REPORT the results to the TO staff.

-DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the SET. TO staff will not leave the venue to go searching for you so please be aware of how the tournament is progressing. YOU WILL GET DQ’D IF YOU DON’T ARRIVE TO YOUR MATCH ON TIME.

The TO reserves the right to deny payout from event winnings to any player suspected of intentionally throwing a match, splitting a payout, or committing any other form of bracket manipulation.

-Players may NOT hold off their match in order to have it streamed/recorded unless first cleared with the TO staff.

Last edited:

Ultra_(MQJ3)

Smash Cadet
NNID
WALI78
3DS FC
3368-2165-5005
This one's more in my neighborhood. 99% sure I'll be there for it.

The venue sounds like an independent GameStop, so that'll be interesting to see as well.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
This one's more in my neighborhood. 99% sure I'll be there for it.

The venue sounds like an independent GameStop, so that'll be interesting to see as well.
Awesome! I plan to attract more players in the south since we don't have much of a scene down here in the south chicago suburbs. If you know any smashers in the area, please spread the word!

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Happy to announce that Back in the Game will also run Melee. However! we do need set ups! We have 2 full Melee sets ups confirmed for the venue.

If you bring a CRT, Disc and Gamecube/wii, you do get a discount on the Venue fee. :039::039::039:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Some changes made to the event.

Doubles has been added for Smash 4 which means singles for both Smash 4 and Melee will happen at 3:00.

Delfino and Halberd are removed from the stage counterpicks.

Venue fee has been reduced to $5. Trying to reach out to more players to show up to this awesome tourney!

FROLLIPOP

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4785-4256-2854
Hold on so I plan on going to the tournamant for the Wii U smash and we cant use 3ds's as controllers why? Also what does that leave as options as controllers Lastly if we dont have the speicfic controllers can we use other peoples controllers or are they going to be available?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Hold on so I plan on going to the tournamant for the Wii U smash and we cant use 3ds's as controllers why? Also what does that leave as options as controllers Lastly if we dont have the speicfic controllers can we use other peoples controllers or are they going to be available?
Umm, you can definitely use 3DS controllers. All supported controllers are allowed at the tournament :)

And you must bring your own controller. Otherwise, good luck finding one. The store could possibly lend you a GCN but I strongly recommend bringing your own.

Last edited:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Results!

Back In the Game
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Akiro
$81.00
2nd
BoScotty
$40.50
3rd
Dan
$13.50
4th
DOM
5th
Mr. Puff
5th
Dicey
7th
Demo Services
7th
Bawk
9th
Pawpad
9th
ptsddd
9th
Wumbo
9th
Handyman
13th
Mr. K
13th
Queen
13th
Rivers
13th
Jazariz
17th
Bok
17th
Retro
17th
geno
17th
Hadou
17th
Axmay
17th
Shan
17th
nick
17th
alex
25th
frankie
25th
Cari
25th
Tayvion

Really glad we had such a great turn out today and the tournament ended very timely. A lot faster than I predicted.

Shout outs to all my tournament co hosts for helping so much in running the tournaments. Also shout outs to Jesus' brothers for helping out with the minor things as well!

Shout outs to the salty spitoon for taking doubles, lool. Shout outs to Akiro for taking first. I'm very proud of my performance vs him in grand finals. Im getting better at this match up.. I think.

I'm so happy to believe that so many south Chicago suburb smashers are around the area and showed up to play smash! I do hope to make bitg an ongoing thing. Hopefully Melee will actually happen next time, LOL. Let's keep it going!

Last edited:
Top Bottom