• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 26, 2014] CRESCENDO 3! [melee] (Austin, TX)

MT_

Smash Ace
This event will be held in Gamerz Galaxy in the Hancock Center. There's a coffee house, a buffalo wing restaurant, an HEB, Wendy's, Freebirds, et cetera, within walking distance of the venue. There will be free play before the tournament starts and maybe after (depending on how efficient the tournament runs).

RULES

1v1
Four-stocks
8-minute timer
Items are set to OFF
Best of 3 Matches (Winners Finals/Semis, Losers Finals/Semis/Quarters, and Grand Finals are Best of 5)
Double-Blind Character Selection
Initial stage determined by stage striking! Ask a TO for further details.
Repeat after every match: Loser picks stage (as detailed below), winner chooses character, loser chooses character
Subsequent matches on the losing player's choosing from Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland, or Pokemon Stadium. (Cannot choose stage you already won on, unless your opponent agrees).

2v2
Same as 1v1, except that Fountain of Dreams is not legal and Kongo Jungle is a counterpick.

ADDITIONAL RULES
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptable moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
No controller modification.
Being 5 minutes late to a match after being called means you forfeit that match, after 5 more minutes you forfeit the set.
Don't disrupt your opponent mid-match.
BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER IF POSSIBLE

SCHEDULE
1:00 doors open, registration begins
1:45 2v2 registration closes
2:00 2v2 begins
2:45 1v1 registration closes
3:00 1v1 begins
7:00 cleanup

ENTREE FEE
$5 venue fee
$5 for singles
$5 per person for teams ($10 per team)

PAYOUTS
1v1:

if 32 or less entrants:
1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

if more than 32 entrants:
1) 55%
2) 25%
3) 10%
4) 5%

2v2:
1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Yo, where's the hype? For those of us that aren't on Facebook, we have some of the greatest melee talent in Texas featuring Mojo, Tirno, JF, MT, ARC, and SOS; with rising talents like King, PK-Thunder, and frisbie. See you there! :-)

I've also heard rumors that PK might be accepting money matches.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
driving down from fthood, looking forward to it, hey man what is the stream link for the tournament my friend wants to watch and he cant go

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
That tournament was hype and awesome. Glad i went. I learned alot from it. I would reconmend anyone to check it out next time its hosted.I know im going to the next one. There were alot of good people there. that was my first tournament and it gave me a good impression. It made me want to strive to be better. Even though i didnt win any of my matches in bracket this time lol , Next time i will.

Last edited:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
That's definitely a good attitude to have. I'm not sure if you're the marth player or the jiggs player, but good games to you sir. I was the falco/falcon player with the black Wolfgang shirt on. PK-Thunder by tag.

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
i was the marth player. Your pkthunder? i played you in some friendlies before the tournament. you were good, was wearing the halo shirt and kept talking abot how awesome ur roy was lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom