• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Gonna need someone on da mic if I get this bad boy rig running.

EDIT: So far it's going to be single mic commentary using a Blue Snowball Mic. Hopefully with tonight's test we can find out if it can support dual commentary without any problems.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Gonna need someone on da mic if I get this bad boy rig running.

EDIT: So far it's going to be single mic commentary using a Blue Snowball Mic. Hopefully with tonight's test we can find out if it can support dual commentary without any problems.
i want commentary to be selected players that are really informed with the game and are exp. at doing so ... i am going to try and have alot of this stuff done for the greater good of advertising melee since we are announced to be at EVO this year ... it might be d1 and mark/benny/dj
Ryobeat, $5mm? :D
yo who else you coming with !? ... can you please tell them to post up in the FB event and mark themselves as attending

http://www.facebook.com/events/157318974417125/?ref=2

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
My current setup alukard has a blue snowball mic which I'm not quite sure how it's going to work just yet. Going to a short fest tonight to hopefully have that figured out. In other words no headset mics yet. The blue snowball does have a wide array input so placed in front of two people sitting next to eachother shouldn't be all that bad but I will test it tonight. WORST CASE SCENARIO, it would just be single commentary, which I know is rough, but it's the best I could do for this local =p

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I will leave all final decisions regarding the stream up to the TO. The only thing I ask for is for NO ONE to TOUCH MY COMPUTER. EVEN ASKING ME TO TOUCH IT may get me edgy. But just ask and I will monitor you closely = p or I will perform any requests at my will and my own hands.

I am a super chill/cool person. But this is my baby and my baby only. I hope everyone there understands my one rule of DON"T TOUCH MY COMPUTER without asking.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Local recordings were made in .flv format instead of .mp4 >.<

I don't feel like converting +3 hours of video so I'm gonna upload the stream from Twitch to Youtube and in the video description just link the timestamps for individual matches.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
HEY iRobinhoood! sorry for being off topic, but is there a chance i could join ur crew. once i get a little better?
It's not like an official crew and compared to the general populace we're not that good >.<

But you're welcome to play with us no doubt but we normally play late so idk how that would work for you. Sundays is probably our earliest days.

Benteezy

Smash Rookie
awesome job by irobinhood, we were watching the archives last night and the quality is really good. insta followed and hoping you dont mind continuing to do things like this for the community.

Hopefully next time i can get there b4 7pm and actually play ppl >.>

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I am a player at heart for the time being, but I can see sometime in the distant future wanting to upgrade the stream possibilities.

I'd like to have a setup similar to Bifouteki's. A separate rig just for streaming/recording. This way I won't have to risk my main rig on long trips and such. That tower I brought is really meant to be built and never moved again lol

But I had a lot of fun aside from the paranoia of walking more than 50 ft. away from my baby. Hope you guys enjoyed!!!

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Hmm maybe I'll setup like some jank chip'in donation drive on my Twitch channel and do some speedruns = D

All donations would go toward a mobile streaming station. I already have a spare monitor so that takes a chunk out of it. Sweet, plans set for tonight setting this up. Could take a while, maybe a year or more, but you never know I'd chip in a decent amount. Maybe half :awesome:

:phone:

Edit: The No Johns Monthly gave me some revenue on my Adsense account almost at my first $100. Looks like I'll kick things off with a $100 donation.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
he just said hes not gonna keep it up till he gets another stream setup... LEARN TO READ CRIS
WOW JESUS CHRIST BENNY, NEXT TIME I'LL JUST SAY **** YOU WORST STREAM EVER AND NOT SUPPORT ANYTHING IN THIS SCENE.

Damn yo.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
It also sucks how poorly Slox was seeded. He had to fight DJN round 2 winners(Almost won), though he won a tournament recently beating a couple players including Matt.Zeb . That messed up my bracket because first round I have WarriorKnight(7th place) then Slox(5th Place). Thats..ugh. Idk why slox doesnt get seeded higher.

Edit: Unless there is a super legit reason, I don't know why this happened.

Benteezy

Smash Rookie
usually only the best players get seeded, i think the only concern at this particular no johns was M2K HAX and DJN, who have all placed top 1-2 at every local* tourney in the last year, u wanted him to get his own bracket over these 3 players??!?!

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
No complaints ryobeat, i had to play m2k round 2 while i have been placing well in many NY tourneys. Thats just the way it is sometimes and in the end you will have to fight the best people anyway if you are going to do well

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
IMO I don't like manual bracket seeding. Simple skill/location is all you need. The only goal you should be setting for yourself is winning the tournament not making it past so and so round etc.

If you face M2K in winners and Hax in losers yea that sucks balls but the bracket did its job eliminating the lesser skilled player.

Sometimes you get a bracket in your favor, sometimes you don't. Luck of the draw, play to win it all. I actually anticipate playing potential winners of said tournament and think what might work against them givin my skill level is low.

Only exception is Shroomed's bracket at Apex 2013 lol

Top Bottom