• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 12, 2014] The FanXperience Super Smash Bros. Tournament (Salt Lake City, UT)

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
So for the people that registered and paid already, do we get a refund?
If not, then this is the last time I'm ever giving support to SLCC.
Yes, of course! You should have gotten an email from me with details about that. It would have gone to whatever email you used to register for the tournament. :)

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
Alright everyone - we've heard some of your requests - and we've hopefully figured out a solution for those who would like to pay in cash AND pre-register for the FanX Super Smash Bros. Tournament.

I'm the founder and main event organizer for Utah 3DS StreetPass and we have an event coming up this Saturday (March 29) in the auditorium of the Murray Public Library from 1 to 4 PM. With @Tsuteto 's help, he's going to take cash from those who want to sign up and he will run his card on the SLCC website. We want to have fun with it since people will be in the Smash Bros. mood, so bring set-ups for some friendly matches!

Check out the Utah 3DS Facebook event page for details (RSVP's appreciated), (I'll get it on our website too soon for those of you who don't use Facebook).

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So I got an e-mail saying that I might need to re-register on the new system. Just posting here to ask and confirm whether I'm one of those people that need to.

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
So I got an e-mail saying that I might need to re-register on the new system. Just posting here to ask and confirm whether I'm one of those people that need to.
Sorry for the slow response!

I sent the email out a couple times because I still haven't got list of people who have payed from the con (I get the registration info right away, but not the payment stuff). I've mostly been sending those because when registration open, there was a large amount of people who registered but didn't pay. My guess is that you weren't one of those :p

If you'd like, you're welcome to fill out the new registration form. You just need your order number from your purchase and another 2 minutes to fill out the form :)
http://saltlakecomiccon.com/fanx-super-smash-bros-tournament/

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
Just a friendly reminder -

At 11:59 PM tonight (or at least by 6:00 AM or so tomorrow morning), each entrance fee option will increase by $5.00. Sign up today to get the lower price - Melee Entry (currently $20, will go up to $25), Brawl Entry (currently, $20, will go up to $25), Melee and Brawl Entry (currently $30, will go up to $35).

Go to the Salt Lake Comic Con website now to register at the lower price! http://saltlakecomiccon.com/fanx-super-smash-bros-tournament/

Somehow the online team didn't understand that the price wasn't increasing until tomorrow. I'll get with them tomorrow and extend the lower price to tomorrow night at midnight.

Last edited:

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
For reals this time ;) -

REMINDER: Today is the last day day for a lower entry to the tournament. After today, the price for entry into a single tournament will increase from $20 to $25, and the price to enter both tournaments will increase from $30 to $35.

Go to the Salt Lake Comic Con website now to register at the lower price - http://saltlakecomiccon.com/fanx-super-smash-bros-tournament/

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
So tomorrow is the last day to register?
Yes, tomorrow is the last day for online registration, and to get a spiffy personalized name badge at the tournament. It hasn't been formally announced yet, but we will have on site registration, but doing it at the tournament will not get you a personalized badge.

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
REMINDER AND ANNOUNCEMENT:

Today is the LAST day for online registration, and to be able to get your spiffy personalized badge to wear at the tournament (Yes we extended that deadline for one more days): Click the link below to go and register now.

We're happy to announce that we will be doing on-site registration at the tournament. On-site registration will begin at 10:00 AM, the same time as Pre-Registration Check-in. Those who register at the tournament will not receive a personalized badge.

Only a few days left to practice. We'll see you all there! http://saltlakecomiccon.com/fanx-super-smash-bros-tournament/

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
Are both events going to run at the same time?
Yes and no. The current plan is to start with Brawl pools, and once enough stations open up, we will start will the Melee pools. Hopefully we will have more info soon, but if not, we'll have it all figured out at the event :)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Wait... the FanX tournament isn't the same weekend as FanX? O_o

Also, do you need any help hosting? I'm good at hunting people down to do their matches. =]

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Top-4 for each event will get free passes to Salt Lake Comic Con that's happening the following week and the top-4 will be played out on Thursday the 17th there.

Top Bottom