• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching Olimar

Tristan Fattest of All Kids

Smash Journeyman
Olimar has a down-smash without a lot of lag and a lot of range.

That's one thing that makes Olimar hard to approach and if you played an (good) Olimar online or anywhere, you'd see just how good he is.

So, How can you approach an Olimar? Is there a specific strategy or character that will be effective?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Pit. Use the ****ed Magic Shield reflector thing against any thrown Pikmin. Spam arrows from afar. And basically just slash away until I throw my controller to the floor in despair any time I get close.

Rorus Raz

Smash Rookie
It helps to be aware of what Pikmin is currently in line. If they aren't aware of it (which can happen when things get heated), Olimar's range can be reduced significantly if he tries to Smash or Grab with a purple.

Dsmash seems to be less affected by this, however. It's quite noticeable with his other smashes and grabs, however.

d13f00l

Smash Rookie
From what I've seen, the only way to beat a ******** Olimar is to ****** him back. DK can abuse the heck out of the armor frames of the spin move, lucas works really well, just spamming pk thunder and running away, pit works, yoshi's egg can roll over pikman and actually fight almost on par without playing campy. Metaknight works. Zelda works, her neutral a gets the Pikmin off.

A campy Olimar takes all the fun out of the game...the best character to beat Olimar with I would say is Lucas, probably followed by Pit and Metaknight. If you actually want to PLAY when fighting Olimar and notbe campy, try Zelda, Yoshi, or DK. It sucks that so many characters suck on Olimar...I can't figure out what to do as Kirby or G&W really.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Sure thing. Always glad to help throw other Olimar users into depression.

Top Bottom