• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching Campy Characters

Clorox 9

Smash Rookie
I was playing against a Link player yesterday and I was having a lot of trouble getting in on him. He was able to apply pressure from across the stage with his projectiles and I would always seem to get hit by something before I could close much distance. I tried to reflect them but it seems that getting stuck in my shine is almost as bad as getting hit. I have had this problem in the past with Mario and I was just wondering if there is some way I am supposed to deal with projectiles that I don't know about.

Clorox 9

Smash Rookie
I thought I couldn't jump out of it after a projectile hit it. If that's not a thing then that would actually help a lot.

Third

Smash Rookie
Suffocate the opponent with pressure so they don't have time to use any projectiles. This works especially well with Link, coming from a Link main. Bait a projectile and weave your way in by jumping in or reflecting it. You could also dash dance to bait.

Clorox 9

Smash Rookie
I'll definitely be able to play more aggressive now that I know I can waveshine projectiles. Not knowing that kinda screwed me up : /

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
Also approaching slowly with shield and shine OOS can work. If you can waveland blaster you can also counter his projectiles.

Top Bottom