• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apparently, someone has a full copy of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Wait a minute, has Gema played through classic with Pikachu yet? Rumor has it Mewtwo will appear when you go through classic with Pikachu and Jigglypuff, and she just started a round with Jiggs.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Yushako: R.O.B., Wario, Jigglypuff and Lucina missing.
Gema: Ganondorf, R.O.B. and Bowser Jr. missing.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I just wanna say this again;
I really believe that they're saving 3-5 characters for the Wii U release. It makes sense for a ton of reasons.
They can add them via an update to the 3DS version.
-Empty space on the CSS
-All-star available from the start
-Keeps hype alive for the Wii U version
Been saying this forever. They know characters drive more hype than much anything else. Plus it's not like they'd deny the 3DS only players, they just might do something like make you fight someone online after a patch.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I've been hearing something about a "Midna Gif", does anybody know what this is about?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Interesting how no one has ROB yet. Odd that they will make the last character you unlock someone from a previous game.

So How different is Jigglypuff? I heard someone said Rest is the same. Any new Fairy based moves?

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Been saying this forever. They know characters drive more hype than much anything else. Plus it's not like they'd deny the 3DS only players, they just might do something like make you fight someone online after a patch.
I personally think they will release the last 4 as spot pass maybe. leading up to the Wii U release would keep things fresh.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
The problem with this is Sakurai himself confirmed that BOTH games will have the same roster. Now while it is techincally posisble for the remaining 5(actually 4 cause we know Miis does indeed take a spot) It's not as simple as "Patch them in the 3ds version" They have to already be on the cart. If anything the remaining 4 can be timed locks. But the data should be known of these 4 characters very soon anyway.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The problem with withholding characters for the Wii U release is All-Star Mode on 3DS is basically a dead mode until then, if it's the case.

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Again disagree. Why opt for a couple months of hype for a game that will last over half a decade? And not to mention, throughout that entire time there will be internet-less people with problems the whole way round. It's messy.

Edit:
The problem with withholding characters for the Wii U release is All-Star Mode on 3DS is basically a dead mode until then, if it's the case.
This too.

Last edited:

Kokusho

Smash Apprentice
I'm also pretty sure Nintendo doesn't want to lock stuff behind wifi. Considering that not everyone have internet.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The problem with this is Sakurai himself confirmed that BOTH games will have the same roster. Now while it is techincally posisble for the remaining 5(actually 4 cause we know Miis does indeed take a spot) It's not as simple as "Patch them in the 3ds version" They have to already be on the cart. If anything the remaining 4 can be timed locks. But the data should be known of these 4 characters very soon anyway.
Of course you can patch characters into a game. Ever heard of fighting game DLC before?

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I'm also pretty sure Nintendo doesn't want to lock stuff behind wifi. Considering that not everyone have internet.
Wifi is easy as hell to access nowadays. They offer Pokemon that can only be downloaded at gamestop, so there's no reason why they wouldn't offer Smash Bros characters over the internet.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Even if Nintendo didn't want to put them behind wifi, we know the 3DS and Wii U versions can talk to each other since unlocks and customizations will transfer. It's conceivable that the Wii U could port character data over to the 3DS.

Though I'm skeptical of the idea that they'd withhold characters regardless. I'm not expecting anything more until DLC is announced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom