• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Trisscar Trisscar Obviously you can't throw your vote around, but we still need opinions from you. If you had a gun and had to use it now or it expires, who do you shoot?

Chaco

Never Logs In
“There’s two of me? Woah.”

Vote Count 2.3:
BoomFrog(1): Ryker
Maven89(1): Vicarin
Wam(3): Fontisian, Xivii, Eido

Not Voting(7): Wam, FrozenFlame, Trisscar, RedRyu, BoomFrog, Malakandra, Maven89

With 12 alive it takes 7 to Lynch.

BoomFrog BoomFrog No, mod concealed flip and manipulation of death reveals would be considered ******* modding. Also it would be advertised as such before sign ups that it is a ******* game due to the vastly different mechanics.

Last edited:

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Frozen-wan not aligned. This is an aggressive attack on wam and it's too early to be a bus from FF.
I noticed this. Frozen also voted Wam pre-claim. If Wam is Mafia, it's likely Frozen isn't aligned with him.

Things that bother me about Wam are his claim, because it denies Mafia the opportunity to decide between killing Mala or watching him.

And also after he claimed, because Town Jailkeeper strikes me as a better reward for Mafia to vote off. Wam seemed to lose traction in the votes, even with attention brought on him by Ryker/Frozen/Fonti. Is that because he's Mafia himself, backed by a team that needed Laser to win the votes?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Trisscar Trisscar Obviously you can't throw your vote around, but we still need opinions from you. If you had a gun and had to use it now or it expires, who do you shoot?
Wam has been pretty smeared by the posts from this last IRL night, so I'd end up sheeping this likely. Assuming that Wam is lynch, then...
rubs eyes, looks at chart

If going by assumption of truthfulness about roles, most dangerous role for town would be.... The vanillarise I suppose, since town is leaning a bit more heavily on mechanics right now.

If going on the assumption that roles are NOT truthful, then I'd be going after the supposedly "passive" roles and the masons first, because passive roles seems weird and could be overcompensating, and the masons still do not appear to have secondary abilities and that is susp to me given knowledge of other roles.

-Maven's role could be a screen to discourage even looking at them.

-Frozen being pulled out of a very active and decision-heavy game by commuting is weird. I understand it's an actual role that has been used in other games, it just feels weird here. Why pull a player out of this completely, and then make them a likely target for the next maf kill if they (presumably) know when they are coming back in? it's not like there are any other claimed kill roles that I can see beyond the gun, and at least that leaves room for discussion beforehand ala lynches. I'd like to at least assume that games are made with the idea that players will be at the lowest ok at defending themselves.

-....The totem thing of Ryu actually fits the general flavour of the game, but it hits a similar problem to Maven, in that it discourages looking at the player, however it's also supposedly "at will" so that makes it a bit less susp to me.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
-....The totem thing of Ryu actually fits the general flavour of the game, but it hits a similar problem to Maven, in that it discourages looking at the player, however it's also supposedly "at will" so that makes it a bit less susp to me.
Explain all of this more please.

Have you read the whole thread? If not do you plan to?

What are your thoughts on Fonti, role and behavior?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Explain all of this more please.

Have you read the whole thread? If not do you plan to?

What are your thoughts on Fonti, role and behavior?
K. It blocks night actions. This would incentivize investigator style roles to look elsewhere, because action economy. That gives the blocking player a lot longer to dig in and cause chaos or get town points or what have you. The totem variant sounds like it may or may not be one night only, but it is also coordinate-able, which means that if the player wants to be checked or healed or jailed or whatever, they can simply not deploy the thing. That is much better for town than it is for maf, compared to the "never get hit by non-lethal ever screw their ability".

looks at mountain of homework, other commitments, weird sleep schedule, 50+ pages of posts looks at you

I keep being told that Fonti is an amazing player, their candor here reflects this to me.
Their plan was excessively complex, as cool as it would have been had it been pulled off. But they were way too into doing so when so much can go wrong, and you can't get a good outcome out of it every time.
They are very deep in the weeds in general. I have no lean on which kind of behavior this is, because I expect most maf to be able to stick to a theme to exploit the idea that maf are flaky and try to avoid rocking the boat. This may be overestimating the skill level of many maf players, I have no idea tbh.
Their role is weird, because they would have to target (the target of) either you, Boom, or the mafia Watcher, which seems like a crap shoot. It also doesn't seem realistically useful beyond that crap shoot, because why would maf be coordinating with this role?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
RR you're a ****in baller for taking that shot

I literally have no idea how our roles coexist in this setup but I'm going to put some serious thought into it because thats such a crazy insane bus for you to just shoot like that without milking it for more towncred

fontis take above is definitely the right vibe here, we need to really, really abuse all the free tempo we have and just PoE this **** out, we have so much juice to play with with the bessie flip and the EoD1 shenanigans

this game needs a reread tbh but I can't get to that till the weekend, expect me to put some serious time in saturday though because we can really put this game to bed with a solid yeet here

also the election has been ****ing exhausting and I just can't give this game the focus it deserves rn, ping me in the interim if something urgent comes up
so this role thing with you and me, we need to chat.

We got a lot of protectives in the game, do you think with the gun xivii can hand out among other things makes sense for us? I am pondering this with Vic wam you and me right now.

a no kill with all of us makes me thing aboutwhat is going on there.

given that flip what do you make of everyone else now? Role wise I look at you funny, but in terms of a mafia bessie it does not seem to line up for me.

Where you thinking of going?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog remind me who you were asking me to shoot today and why?

@Wamsame question
Fonti, because she pushed Laser and wam hard D1 and was wrong about laser maybe wam. And she had this whole complex night action plan who's net effect would be no result but required keeping her and Bessie alive. And her reaction to Bessie's claim was very off.

fontisian

Smash Champion
How can you think wam and Bessie are scummates?
Is it just me or is font looking like a bessie scummate here?
You need to ****ing catch up.

Wam likes to bus. If he's scum, he was already backed into a corner before pushing Bessie. That last game, from Wam's pov, was won by scum turbo bussing. And Bessie overreacted to Wam's attack on her compared to any other push on her. Of course they're likely partners.
I think Bessie is about 50/50 here. So you're right, it comes down to my LaserGuy read.

I think laser believed Mala would clear him.

Vote Bessie

that's L-1

How could Laser possibly believe that Boom. Mala literally had Laser as a strong scumread and said he wasn't lying about any reads other than Frozen.
vote LaserGuy
Fonti if you are scum you better shot me tonight.
Bessie never claims at this point.
When Wam flips scum, I want you to remember these posts and immediately yeet Boom.

Maven's still town, he literally came in during the change to Bessie from Laser and said "this is dumb." While that was incorrect, it also wasn't going to convince anyone and I really scum!Maven would say it.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Fonti, because she pushed Laser and wam hard D1 and was wrong about laser maybe wam. And she had this whole complex night action plan who's net effect would be no result but required keeping her and Bessie alive. And her reaction to Bessie's claim was very off.
Lol.

My reaction to Bessie's claim was off because I didn't clear her like you wanted me to, right Boom?

fontisian

Smash Champion
You think it is realistic that scum have an item steal power when there is exactly one item in the whole game?

Your role makes zero sense if Bessie is scum. You should be totally confident that she is town but you are trying to keep enough doubt that Red will just go gung-ho and shoot her still. Or she is your scummate but you are worried Red will shoot her regardless of our advice and you are trying to distance. Either way this attitude is unnatural.
D1 Bessie's content was mostly just sparse. Scummy only because everyone else was townie. She doesn't do well in games where the day phase doesn't go over weekends because she takes her work seriously. Also, tbh I like playing with her and she got missyeeted D2 last game. Fonti was frothing at the mouth confident and I've been there and it's frustrating to be ignored. If we yeeted Bessie and she flipped town we'd spend all D2 with just Fonti being sure Laser was scum and we'd get nothing out of the day, so I went with Laser.

Vic, wam, Maven have all handled claims in a townie way and I trust them.
Utopicarbrar is townie on tone from all three heads. Red and Bessie are certainly not aligned. That leaves us with:
Xivii-Red-???
Ryker-Eido-???
Fonti-Bessie-???

??? is almost certainly FrozenFlame tbh, but maybe Trissabzin . Red feels town, I think scum!Red would have shot sooner and Xivii feels like townie paranoia Xivii. Fonti seems willing to go for UP or FF and I don't think I'll get a solid read on which one she actually prefers unless we offer them both up and let her hammer. I'd like to force scum to shoot you or Eido first if you are masons.

So here we are, playing some mafia.
Frozen said he misses a whole day if he dies. As bessie would say, I find it interesting that you aren't tracking details like that.

My order would be FF, Maven, Trisstopibrar. UP's concern about matching vote lists was a pretty genuinely townie thought.

But I really want to just yeet Fonti first. Like, her whole plan easily gets in a stalemate or Bessie being RBed or claiming RB and we have to keep both of them alive. It's easily interfered with and falls apart if she is scum.

A) You're wrong, Mala clearly was just rolling with it. B) If you beleive this why would you not support King Mala's ruse by going along with it?
Wolf.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Sorry long days.

I wanted to hold as I figured we had enough claims out there to get more data.

Conti Conti flip town do you still lynch boom and if you had to pick one today who do you go for?
Still Boom, yes.

Who would you yeet, dearest Wam?

Wam

Smash Ace
Still Boom, yes.

Who would you yeet, dearest Wam?
I'm still re reading EOD1. But right now boom. 1 I would have backed him to agree with my meat read of bessie given the number of games he has played with her. 2. One if the least helpful town roles if were wrong.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
BoomFrog is 100% scum. His avatar is a frog and yoshi is like a big frog, hinting to Laser that he's on the same team (probably traitor). They are putting chemicals in the water to turn the frogs mafia. He has an ability to change the mods answers in thread.

Additionally:
Fonti isn't bessie's partner because she insisted on bessie outting her result on Mala.
He is ignoring this.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
But its one shot so long term not helpful.
But town!Fonti is probably useless now that scum watcher is dead and all town investigatives are used or dead. There is no one to RB besides you and me. So we are both useless unless we both live and both are town.

So from your point of view I should be the most useful role left if town. The opposite of what you said.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also Boom, Fonti literally used that as scum in order to discredit our (synchro's) obvtowniness. You're deliberately ignoring how frustrated she was with you and wam pushing that bessie shouldn't claim her results. It's obvious she was ignorant of bessie's role and was trying to get use out of her own role. Scum!Fonti would have just went along with you. And she wouldn't have needed to argue about it if she actually did want bessie to claim because she could just tell her to do so in the scum chat.

Ahhh, aight. I'll move it up the list then.
I think it starts to pick up around the second season. People think it's the same as The Office because of the mocumentary style, but they're actually really different. As a polisci major, I think you'll enjoy it.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Because Wam is more likely scum, and because, contrary to what Wam is saying, there is a chance if you are town that your redirect could be useful Tonight.
If wam is scum or dead the I get RBed anyway. So no, there is no chance in any of these scenarios that town gets a useful action tonight.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Also Boom, Fonti literally used that as scum in order to discredit our (synchro's) obvtowniness. You're deliberately ignoring how frustrated she was with you and wam pushing that bessie shouldn't claim her results. It's obvious she was ignorant of bessie's role and was trying to get use out of her own role. Scum!Fonti would have just went along with you. And she wouldn't have needed to argue about it if she actually did want bessie to claim because she could just tell her to do so in the scum chat.
I dissagree. You can't try and read Fonti on tone. Once Bessie pulled the "I'm going to be stubborn" card she can't undo it without looking further suspect. If Fonti is town then what, it's just wam-Trisspianrar? That's a suspiciously boring answer to this puzzle.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
still haven't finished re-read but I got a few pings

Could you go into this some more?
being able to dodge a single lethal action as scum is VERY beneficial and it's a power that isn't at all broken as scum and makes a lot of sense in both multiball games or games with 3rd party killers and/or vigs to help reduce crossfire volatility for a scum team that you don't want to get screwed by bad early game "luck" with being targeted by other killers

overall commuter is very low impact and so is a very easy role to assign to any faction and still benefit that faction. if you get shot at the wrong time e.g. pre MYLO/LYLO then your ability is essentially reduced to nothing because you won't come back in time to play with the benefit of your ability triggering and telling you someone is coming after you barring busdriver, but generally speaking it just makes one slot slightly harder to kill

Why did you make this response? For one, it was a joke. For two, even without recognizing it was a joke, I'm flabbergasted as to why you would interpret it as trying to claim town cred? Did you not see what he was responding to? It's weird that you called bessie's post out for fluff in this post because this has the same sort of fluff vibe to me.
literally the bolded, idk how that happened, I for some reason read that post as vic trying to tell RR that he wasn't scum because he had voted himself, but having just re-read the beginning of the game I was just as confused by this, I have no idea how I got that so mixed up. Vic wasn't even self voting at the time and I now realize that RR was telling everyone else to justify why they weren't on the vic train and vic was making that joke in response given the fact that it should be obvious why vic wasn't self voting. I think what happened is I had middle clicked reply on that post for some reason and when you do that it doesn't include any quoted text from the original post so I ended up reading that post in a vacuum, without RR's directive that it was responding to, and completely missed the context and stupidly thought it was vic trying to grab early town cred for self voting, like a kneejerk negative response to what I without context perceived to be early game LAMIST via RVS self vote

so this role thing with you and me, we need to chat.
we definitely do but tbh neither of us should be the play today and we have more time to figure out how our roles square because I don't see scum!you shooting your mate bessie over me and you know we're not mates so like from your POV you have the perfect excuse to misshoot me because as at that point multiple slots were down with you popping me and you didn't so I really, really don't see how scum!you shoots a mate over a free kill on town!me from scum!you's POV unless you decided to get private lessons from fonti and are going for "lets win mafia by turbosnowing FF and make him feel bad for getting so turbosnowed 2: electric boogaloo" (note to self: do not lose to fonti coaching RR into doing this just to flex on you, your ego will never recover)

to start, can you please be much more specific about exactly how your role works? refer back to #2012 where I explain my objections to your claim. Your claimed archetype does not seem to fit the mechanics of your role at all. You also need to be more specific about if your totem requires active deployment or if it is a passive 1 shot bulletproof, and if it is a deployment, how does that affect your targetability by other non-lethal role that target you? I've already explained everything there is to know about my role and we can't even begin to meaningfully unpack our conflict without you being completely transparent

the rest of the math can be done after I get my full re-read in

Top Bottom