• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't see how bessie being Watcher changes the situation for Wam. Wouldn't they know Mala was saved simply by the fact that he was alive? How does bessie knowing who saved Mala change how Wam behaves at the start of the day? Additionally, I don't think it's likely Wam targeted someone else as that would be a clear sign that he didn't target Mala regardless of whether the kill didn't go through.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I don't see how bessie being Watcher changes the situation for Wam. Wouldn't they know Mala was saved simply by the fact that he was alive? How does bessie knowing who saved Mala change how Wam behaves at the start of the day? Additionally, I don't think it's likely Wam targeted someone else as that would be a clear sign that he didn't target Mala regardless of whether the kill didn't go through.
It means scum!Wam already knew Vicarin specifically was going to claim the save. Without a watcher scum might have thought Bessie was blocked instead.

The more important part is Bessie being scum means the scumteam was likely very motivated to kill Mala, even if it might have made their teammate (Wam) look bad.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I vote for not shooting bessie.

1) Bessie is telling the truth we get more clears and scum have a harder job sorting out what night actions to do.

2) bessie is lying, at some point this will become obvious or bessie has to tell us the truth making the fake claim work for town.
No she doesn't because If your lying ut helps you keep up the fake claim.
See I can see the logic from bessie for a malak target.

With your plan font we get clears all ways. So that says we need to shoot/lynch outside of bessie, font, wam, bic malak.

I would be in favour of waiting till d3 to use the shot.
Called it!! Need to go re read the end of day 1.
Vote: Wam

fontisian

Smash Champion
When Wam was townread and given space, he used it to defend Bessie instead of going after her. He said he had one thing holding him back from townreading me, which I then address, and then proceed to favor Bessie over me during the argument about Bessie telling me what her results would come back as. He did this despite being "convinced" Bessie was scum yesterday. Then we turned on her and shot her while he was gone, and he came in acting like he knew Bessie was scum all along, and did not even acknowledge that he was arguing to let her live before.

And I've said it before but the original time of Wam's Bessie push was extremely suspect. He was going down and Bessie had pressure mounting on her. To scum!Wam that would have been the perfect time to bus.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
What's everyone's thoughts on the number of investigative roles in the game?

Personally I'd like to give wam at least one shot to try to protect me, cause if he dies to the lynch I'm not liking my chances of making it tomorrow.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
I mean that without a jailer there's nothing stopping me from getting NKed apparently, if they want to get at Malakandra.

Wam

Smash Ace
Been a long day and I should he asleep but..

The more important part is Bessie being scum means the scumteam was likely very motivated to kill Mala, even if it might have made their teammate (Wam) look bad.
Why does a scumm team with bessie in it have more motivation to kill malak than any scum team?

If I'm teammates with bessie explain this push?

Would mich prefer a bessie wagon or a lynch a lurker.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I'll throw a funeral ceremony fit for a king if you go tonight Vicarin. You will be hailed as a hero in all the land and my bards, well, I don't have any right now since the last one.... but when we get new ones they will sing songs of your sacrifice.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I mean that without a jailer there's nothing stopping me from getting NKed apparently, if they want to get at Malakandra.
Ya, what I'm saying is nothing stopped them from NKing Mala last night, so even if Wam is still around, there's nothing stopping them from killing you tonight.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
If wam is town scum have a RBer anyway, so it's strange that you thing this makes a difference.
Because it forces the RBer to block wam then? I'd prefer to make it as inconvenient for scum as possible.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Do you really think we don't have any other abilities worth roleblocking atm?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
At least if wam is alive they have to worry about me redirecting the RB or the kill. If wam is dead they probably park the RB on me every night.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Do you really think we don't have any other abilities worth roleblocking atm?
I mean you could explain it to me rather than answering with a question.

Regardless, not lynching someone that's likely to be scum because they better fit night action plans is a strategy I disagree with in general (same reason why I disagreed with keeping bessie for Font's strategy).

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
my role could just as easily be a scum role as it would still have utility in that capacity
Could you go into this some more?

self voting D1 during RVS or RVS adjacent discussion is the least risky time in the entire game to self vote. you are literally claiming town cred at a point where the risk you're saying self voting represents as an existential threat to a slot is at it's absolute minimum
Why did you make this response? For one, it was a joke. For two, even without recognizing it was a joke, I'm flabbergasted as to why you would interpret it as trying to claim town cred? Did you not see what he was responding to? It's weird that you called bessie's post out for fluff in this post because this has the same sort of fluff vibe to me.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Vicarin Vicarin why did you never respond to that post from Frozen? Also what do you mean by this: Which investigatives are you referring to?
Which post in particular? And by investigatives I'd say anything that Fonti claims to be able to copy, that gives information: cop, watcher, tracker, etc.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Which post in particular? And by investigatives I'd say anything that Fonti claims to be able to copy, that gives information: cop, watcher, tracker, etc.
The one I quoted above. Wait so what are your thoughts on the number of investigatives?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I mean who specifically? In the world where wam is town and you are town, who roleblocks wam and who else is on their team?

Also how come you only listed 3-man teams earlier? Are you in #theflipwasahoax camp with me and Alex Jones?
Working on it right now. I still feel like it's Fonti but I need to check myself now that we have a real flip to go on.

I think 4 is unlikely. Even if most of the protectives are real, lets say that is balanced on expecting 1 save but the gun brings us back down to a vanilla schedule. 10-4 means 2 missyeets and we are in MYLO. 3 Missyeets are usually allowed in a game like this. Idk, maybe Chaco thinks the protectives make up for it.

I was surprised that you were serious about the fake flip. Flip manipulation is b*stard in my view, do you really think Chaco thinks otherwise?

Chaco Chaco Is a fake flip a non-b*stard power and thus possible this game?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Why would I respond to the post you quoted by FF? I'm not sure why you're asking.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Working on it right now. I still feel like it's Fonti but I need to check myself now that we have a real flip to go on.

I think 4 is unlikely. Even if most of the protectives are real, lets say that is balanced on expecting 1 save but the gun brings us back down to a vanilla schedule. 10-4 means 2 missyeets and we are in MYLO. 3 Missyeets are usually allowed in a game like this. Idk, maybe Chaco thinks the protectives make up for it.

I was surprised that you were serious about the fake flip. Flip manipulation is b*stard in my view, do you really think Chaco thinks otherwise?

Chaco Chaco Is a fake flip a non-b*stard power and thus possible this game?
I don't actually believe it, but I also don't believe LaserGuy was town, so. Perhaps I'll come to see it when I reread, but it still just doesn't make sense to me.

Fonti isn't bessie's partner because she insisted on bessie outting her result on Mala.

Why would I respond to the post you quoted by FF? I'm not sure why you're asking.
He was responding to you.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Oh, my joke response to Red Ryu about why I wasn't voting for myself? Right, because it was a joke and I didn't want to big down discussion further.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why should occupying the RB matter? We don't really have any other abilities on the table.
Was gonna say something similar. There's no reason to fear a scum RBer anymore. It only ****s with possible other scum factions, indy or otherwise.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So basically, it's PoE.

Mala, Xivii, Vic, Eido, and I are all things I'm unwilling to pursue. Ruy is also incredibly high on my list of things not to chase. My one request is to make sure Fonti doesn't get inserted into this group, lest we forget that until it became clear there wasn't support from the other larger voices in town, Font was in favor of saving Bessie for another phase. That's on top of being the heart of the Laser wagon, which was the Bessie counter wagon. I have absolutely no desire to chase that slot right now, but Font has been aiming to end up in that group all game and doesn't merit it unless Boom flips scum. That's my tinfoil hat paragraph.

Anyway, that is a LOT of people scum need to kill off. The order doesn't matter as much to me. I'm willing to continue icing slots who's behavior I don't like. I'll follow Eido for once and Vote Wam.

fontisian

Smash Champion
So basically, it's PoE.

Mala, Xivii, Vic, Eido, and I are all things I'm unwilling to pursue. Ruy is also incredibly high on my list of things not to chase. My one request is to make sure Fonti doesn't get inserted into this group, lest we forget that until it became clear there wasn't support from the other larger voices in town, Font was in favor of saving Bessie for another phase. That's on top of being the heart of the Laser wagon, which was the Bessie counter wagon. I have absolutely no desire to chase that slot right now, but Font has been aiming to end up in that group all game and doesn't merit it unless Boom flips scum. That's my tinfoil hat paragraph.

Anyway, that is a LOT of people scum need to kill off. The order doesn't matter as much to me. I'm willing to continue icing slots who's behavior I don't like. I'll follow Eido for once and Vote Wam.
Oi, Bessie was the counter to Laser, not vice versa.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I got through page 8 and I'm going to bed. Here's what I got so far:

From my recollection, Vicarin is usually the player pushing for claims. Interesting no one that knows him has brought this up.
Vic is probably town. This feels like Bessie throwing shade and she brings it up again later. She doesn't do that to a mate, she'd either not attack or attack more overtly.

Wam also falls into this category, I've seen more effort from Wam in these first 5 pages then I think I saw from wam from D3 to endgame in Things I Like. I generally feel like Wam is actually digging here but the contrast from Things I Like bothers me considering he was town there despite looking hella scummy by play. I'm left wondering if he's overcompensating for a vulnerability he feels as scum!Wam
Frozen-wan not aligned. This is an aggressive attack on wam and it's too early to be a bus from FF.

I'm not defensive, and do not consider Wam a threat. I'm pushing on this because he was already trying too hard to look towny, which you noticed, and he doesn't actually have reason for his push on me, he just feels like it's what town!him would be doing after he lost to me last game. But it's not what town!him would actually be doing, because he knows I was super active throughout Things and willing to drown the thread when needed. He's experienced with what me being active without trying for attention is like, and knows this isn't it. That's why he just said "ok" when I pointed out that I was active without being able to back it up.
Fonti-wam not aligned. D2 confirms that. I'm comfortable that this isn't an elaborate bus.

Xivii is town because he wouldn't have posted his theories about which characters are which role in the thread, he would have kept it in scumchat while hoping we flavor claim.
Increased chance Xivii and Fonti are mates, this is a weak reason for a town read.

Whatever.

Vote: Xivii
This is really early for a permanent vote. Town-Sabtopicar should be holding his vote until EoD or until he needs to prove his power. It's really odd that he does this so early.

I hope he claims mason. Then I don't have to read him.
Ryker is prepared to counterclaim a masons claim. This is real mason behavior, not scum faking masons.

Sorry, I thought the game was supposed to start yesterday, and I got distracted watching the giants choke on my dream of a failing eagle. I’ll get to this today.

It appears I missed RVS, so hello I’m Wallace the Jailor vote: Tom
Maven accidentally jokingly claims wam's role and wam reacts sincerely. Not mates. (good fishing technique though... :p )

Top Bottom