• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog Also what is your third BoomFrog ex Machina ability?
I'll never make it to LYLO so sure. Quickmend: target requires one extra vote to lynch. If I use it at LYLO scum are usually blatant when hammering and would out themselves.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I was so ****ing scared of being played when I read the push for that shot. I popped out of my chair when I read that flip. Be around in like an hour.

Chaco

Never Logs In
“I’m a killing machine, who am I to argue with programming?”

Vote Count 2.2:
BoomFrog(3): Eido, Xivii, Fontisian

Not Voting: Wam, FrozenFlame, Vicarin, Trisscar, Ryker, RedRyu, BoomFrog, Malakandra, Maven89

With 12 alive it takes 7 to Lynch.

**Vote Count reset upon Vig Shot

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Am comfortable losing to Xivii on that. Am less comfortable lynching FF after Bessie flip. Am down to take it to the house on Boomfrog.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'm surprised you don't have Triss as scum for that since it would be a safeguard for lylo.
Nah. DoubleVoter is almost always town. The concern is enough to make me consider them instead of autolock town, but their tone has been good through two replacements and that's pretty unlikely to be coincidence.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
BoomFrog and Maven both reacted fairly similarly to the idea of shooting Bessie today, and we're both high on her town-scum list. Intrestingly, BoomFrog was more willing to switch the lynch yesterday to Bessie, actually switching his vote, while Maven was sitting back and saying the wagon switch was stupid. I think Maven's a more likely partner to Bessie atm.

Vote: Maven89

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Starting from 1012

Fonti votes laser 1053
Ryker votes laser 1055
Mala votes laser 1091
Boom unvotes wam 1131
Ryker unvotes laser 1158
Eido Votes Wam 1230
Ryker Votes Wam 1240
Ryker votes Bessie 1246
Xivii votes Bessie 1247
Eido votes Bessie 1251
FF votes bessie 1263
Boom votes bessie 1319
Ryker unvotes 1323
Xivii votes laser 1337
Ryker votes bessie 1353
Boom votes laser 1363
Ryker votes laser 1373

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That voting patterns makes it seriously look like Eido was just parroting where Ryker when but that makes sense with the mason claim.

Ryker jumped a lot but that seems more to get reactions from what I expect from him.

Xivii moved but the reasoning is unclear from what I could find.

Boom jumped a bit around but also unclear to reasoning.

FF just wanted to yeet bessie rom the start.

Fonti was all in on Laser.

Boom looks worse, Fonti looks worse, FF looks better despite my claims issue, I think Ryker is town so I will trust the mason claim.

Xivii I think is more likely town.

Fonti I remember liking earlier.

Points to boom.

Will sleep on this and other ideas then will come back tomorrow well rested.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind that Maven was online during the vote switching and was advising against i, while voting for LaserGuy.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Trissabzin
Utopicarbrar
See now I wanna see how many of these you come up with by the end. XD

2. For example, say I target a regular cop. That cop then targets Osie, for example, and learns he is town. I then learn that the cop learned that Osie is town.
...head tilt... Ok I get it, but that's still weird as a role.

If we were going "use our best judgement" we shouldn't have ****ing massclaimed. The whole point of massclaim is to let us make coordinated actions with a better understanding of what's going on in the game, not give all the information about our roles to scum and then yolo it. This is ridiculous.
This is fair

The "point" was to find out if we could clear Wam and to lock scum into claims so they can't make things up to benefit them with more information later in the game. The "point" was to see if there was something solidly abusable. The "point" was to find out how far we could push our momentum. We got a really weird mass claim.
This is also fair. However it doesn't invalidate previous from Fonti.

Thinking about how hard Frozen pushed Bessie over Laser, it might be better to just shoot Bessie, since that's a good look for Frozen, and then yeet Trisscar if Bessie flips scum.
cue parody high noble voice "Hoooowww dare you sah!" XD

If he gets to keep the totem upon deployment so long as he actually isn't targeted by a lethal night action, then his role is BROKEN.
Agree here, hence why I was like "wut that's powerful as heck" about it earlier. Like that would be an order of magnitude above most of the other ability sets in the chart.

If she flips scum, we kill Boom and Trisscar.
more high noble outrage

So this confirms Ryu and Xivii town
Ehhhhh, disagree. Could be bussing technically, as well that Ryu could be caving to pressure.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
BoomFrog BoomFrog You said a while back that you have a verifiable third ability, and that it would be immediately obvious if you used it. What is it?

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Sure, if you think there's another way for the kill to be blocked or we sorted out this really elaborate waste of a vanillarizer to give me cred.

Reactions: Wam

Trisscar

Smash Ace
looks
blink Fair enough, I even read that earlier and it apparently just didn't register. Apologies BoomFrog BoomFrog , plz ignore my nonsense in that regard.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I think the main thread pushers are waiting for me. I've got to focus on work this morning but I'll try to make time tonight to do my reread and compose my last will and testament.

Sorry Ryker, no mafia today.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Yo I'm not finished with a reread yet, I'll probably catch up tonight. I've been thinking about Bessie's role and how that factors in to the Mafia plan.

Mafia had a Watcher, a Night Kill and an Innocent Child to play with. Was it intended for Mafia to kill Mala, or watch him instead to draw out those watchable roles? Town Wam denies both decisions, and stands out to me.

My head's currently looking at Boom / Wam / Maven.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
looks at chart
Everybody else seems to have like two or three abilities, what's up with the vanilla masons here?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This is just some food for thought. Again, this setup would make sense as multiball. Frozen and Ryu have analogous roles so would be on opposing teams. Triss and BoomFrog have complementary roles so would be on opposing teams.

BoomFrog would not be on Red Ryu's team because of the "Ryu you predictable ****" post. Trisscar and bessie would not be on the same team because of Sabrar's "lonely puppy" post and bessie's reaction to it. Frozen wouldn't be on Wam's team because of Frozen's early suspicions of wam. Frozen is compatible with a bessie team because as I pointed out before, he pulled back after his initial fluff call-out and would have had to bus when Ryker and I were splitting the wagons since he had been arguing that Laser was town and I had previously pointed out his and bessie's coordination against UP.

So it would look like this (oh my god, typing on this mechanical keyboard is so satisfying):

Investigative
Non-Lethal Nullification
Lethal Protection
Roleblocking
Clear
Manipulative

Town
LaserGuy
Fontisian

Maven89
Vicarin
Xivii
Malakandra
Eido
Ryker

Team 1 <> Team 2

Red Ryu <> FrozenFlame

Wam <> Bessie

Trisscar <> BoomFrog

Except I refuse to believe LaserGuy makes that "poor wam" statement as town. His flip has to be fake, otherwise the universe doesn't make sense. So it would actually look like:

Investigative
Non-Lethal Nullification
Lethal Protection
Roleblocking
Clear
Manipulative

Town
Trisscar
Fontisian
Maven89
Vicarin
Xivii
Malakandra
Eido
Ryker

Team 1 <> Team 2

Red Ryu <> FrozenFlame

LaserGuy <> Bessie

Wam <> BoomFrog
So each of the teams would have an investigative, a role nullifier, and a protective. BoomFrog probably lied about his self-watch ability and actually roleblocked wam while bessie watched him. Fontasian is our one true investigative that gets the results from one of the investigatives from the scum teams.

Alternatively, I'm undergoing some Russel Crowe schizophrenia and should realize that it would be ridiculous for Laser's flip to be fake, there's only one team, and town is just absurdly overpowered.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
This is just some food for thought. Again, this setup would make sense as multiball. Frozen and Ryu have analogous roles so would be on opposing teams. Triss and BoomFrog have complementary roles so would be on opposing teams.

BoomFrog would not be on Red Ryu's team because of the "Ryu you predictable ****" post. Trisscar and bessie would not be on the same team because of Sabrar's "lonely puppy" post and bessie's reaction to it. Frozen wouldn't be on Wam's team because of Frozen's early suspicions of wam. Frozen is compatible with a bessie team because as I pointed out before, he pulled back after his initial fluff call-out and would have had to bus when Ryker and I were splitting the wagons since he had been arguing that Laser was town and I had previously pointed out his and bessie's coordination against UP.

So it would look like this (oh my god, typing on this mechanical keyboard is so satisfying):

Investigative
Non-Lethal Nullification
Lethal Protection
Roleblocking
Clear
Manipulative

Town
LaserGuy
Fontisian

Maven89
Vicarin
Xivii
Malakandra
Eido
Ryker

Team 1 <> Team 2

Red Ryu <> FrozenFlame

Wam <> Bessie

Trisscar <> BoomFrog

Except I refuse to believe LaserGuy makes that "poor wam" statement as town. His flip has to be fake, otherwise the universe doesn't make sense. So it would actually look like:

Investigative
Non-Lethal Nullification
Lethal Protection
Roleblocking
Clear
Manipulative

Town
Trisscar
Fontisian
Maven89
Vicarin
Xivii
Malakandra
Eido
Ryker

Team 1 <> Team 2

Red Ryu <> FrozenFlame

LaserGuy <> Bessie

Wam <> BoomFrog
So each of the teams would have an investigative, a role nullifier, and a protective. BoomFrog probably lied about his self-watch ability and actually roleblocked wam while bessie watched him. Fontasian is our one true investigative that gets the results from one of the investigatives from the scum teams.

Alternatively, I'm undergoing some Russel Crowe schizophrenia and should realize that it would be ridiculous for Laser's flip to be fake, there's only one team, and town is just absurdly overpowered.
mechanical keyboard Haha, you have joined the cult, welcome!

If I am on a team, I am completely unaware of it. Tbf could also be that all the maf are misreporting what they can do, and that they have much more powerful stuff.

fontisian

Smash Champion

Investigative
Non-Lethal Nullification
Lethal Protection
Roleblocking
Clear
Manipulative

Town
LaserGuy
Fontisian

Maven89
Vicarin
Xivii
Malakandra
Eido
Ryker

Team 1 <> Team 2

Red Ryu <> FrozenFlame

Wam <> Bessie

Trisscar <> BoomFrog

Investigative
Non-Lethal Nullification
Lethal Protection
Roleblocking
Clear
Manipulative

Town
Trisscar
Fontisian
Maven89
Vicarin
Xivii
Malakandra
Eido
Ryker

Team 1 <> Team 2

Red Ryu <> FrozenFlame

LaserGuy <> Bessie

Wam <> BoomFrog

Calm down.

fontisian

Smash Champion
If this were multi-ball, Bessie's flip would have been labeled so we'd know she's on a specific team instead of her just being the generic mafia watcher. We're in a normal game.

Mala is hard clear. Vicarin likely made the save. The masons are likely trueclaiming. You're town. Frozen's town.

The remaining people are: Boomfrog, Trisscar, Red Ryu, Maven and Wam. We can probably literally kill all of them.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Let's talk about Bessie's role and what it means. She claimed to have targeted Mala with the parity cop ability. I suspect this is because she actually did target Mala, and was worried she had been tracked by me (if she thought I was potentially a backup type role and had used Laser's ability on her, the person I said was my strongest scumread if Laser flipped town).

We know that either 1. Mala was the kill, 2. Scum decided to no kill or 3. Some other factor came into play that stopped the kill. Of those, I think Mala being the kill is by far the most likely and the assumption we should be rolling with.

Assuming Chaco is allowing scum to both make an action and carry the kill, I think it's likely Bessie both tried to kill and watched. From the scumteam's pov, if Mala lives they get to see who protected him and figure out power roles, while also killing someone Bessie was likely very concerned about because of the hints Mala accidentally dropped about Laser and Wam's roles. (Bessie was very paranoid about town prs when we were scum together previously, and got specific ideas for what town had to be in her head. I can easily see her doing that with Mala here and feeling like she had to kill him.)

That means that the scum team went into the Day knowing that Vicarin had saved Mala, which in turn means that Wam is not clear. It is possible that scum!Wam targeted someone else with his ability (which works as he has claimed) and was worried that he would be caught in a lie if later on he targeted someone a town!pr was unable to get through to that person (because his ability prevents all other abilities from acting on them). While killing Mala looks bad for Wam, it's possible Bessie wanted to kill Mala badly enough that they went for it anyway.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
RR you're a ****in baller for taking that shot

I literally have no idea how our roles coexist in this setup but I'm going to put some serious thought into it because thats such a crazy insane bus for you to just shoot like that without milking it for more towncred

fontis take above is definitely the right vibe here, we need to really, really abuse all the free tempo we have and just PoE this **** out, we have so much juice to play with with the bessie flip and the EoD1 shenanigans

this game needs a reread tbh but I can't get to that till the weekend, expect me to put some serious time in saturday though because we can really put this game to bed with a solid yeet here

also the election has been ****ing exhausting and I just can't give this game the focus it deserves rn, ping me in the interim if something urgent comes up

fontisian

Smash Champion
Let's go over some other things.

1. The Masons are real. How do I know? Look at one of Eido's first posts:
Ok, so I am reading.

I can’t speak for whether this mass claim is good or bad. I'm following the posts on it.

Right now, I'm more interested in the atmosphere it's created and how players are feeding in to this.

Headspace is vague right now, but questions to follow tonight. I suppose everyone else needs to post first too.
This is a basic explanation of what Ryker was trying to do with the massclaim talk. It's obviously that they were discussing this and how to scum hunt using it privately before Eido posted this.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
That means that the scum team went into the Day knowing that Vicarin had saved Mala, which in turn means that Wam is not clear. It is possible that scum!Wam targeted someone else with his ability (which works as he has claimed) and was worried that he would be caught in a lie if later on he targeted someone a town!pr was unable to get through to that person (because his ability prevents all other abilities from acting on them). While killing Mala looks bad for Wam, it's possible Bessie wanted to kill Mala badly enough that they went for it anyway.
I don't see how it bessie being Watcher changes the situation for Wam. Wouldn't they know Mala was saved simply by the fact that he was alive? How does bessie know who saved Mala change how Wam behaves at the start of the day? Additionally, I don't think it's likely Wam targeted someone else as that would be a clear sign that he didn't target Mala regardless of whether the kill didn't go through.

Top Bottom