• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Hype! Jan 30-Feb 1 Results, brackets and videos are up!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
So, there is a hotel shuttle on Pen station? is that it?
I very interested! Im arriving on a Wednesday with some folks and we are planing on going strait to the hotel!.
i'll look into this and see if there's a shuttle from the hotel to NEWARK penn. i can't see there being one to NEW YORK PENN. but if there is, hey, **** it, why not

We drafted a schedule for Apex last night, and I gotta say, it's looking really favorable for the 64 community.
just say the words "1pm or later finals"

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
There is a train from NY Penn to Secaucus. It' a good main for people who aren't going to the World Trade Center/anything above 14th/below the Village get to New York. I think it's 6.25 per way or something similar, maybe 5.75?

Olikus

Smash Champion
so since its soon november I guess the registration website should be up soon? If it allready has and IM not paying attention, please post the link here and I can put it in the OP.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
moyashi looking less likely (he is essentially retired in japan)
wario looking more likely
gonna meet prince this weekend so i'll talk to him then
100% chance marka is going to an apex
i'd say 75% chance its going to be 2016
isai looking less likely cause of his new job and fear that he might lose as fox (though he has no problems going to apex and losing with dk or ness)

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I am most likely NOT attending anymore. I will give my adapters to YBOMBB to bring for those who need them.

Sedda

Smash Champion
isai looking less likely cause of his new job and fear that he might lose as fox (though he has no problems going to apex and losing with dk or ness)
basically no good news then lol

whats making it difficult for marka to make it to apex 2015?

Morin0

Smash Lord
Woah. I was thinking the other day what if wario went to Apex. COOL.

Olikus

Smash Champion
So since Herberty karajanosjalapenos is banned. Are there any others who have talked to him lately about the ooc players from Japan and Peru? Is any of them likely to come?

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
[30/10/2014 12:02:33 PM] TR3G | Boo Cakey: so who are the internationals NOT going to apex
[30/10/2014 12:03:26 PM] TR3G | Boo Cakey: out of those that were rumored to go
[30/10/2014 6:27:57 PM] Herbert Von Karajan: probably all of them that are not boom
[30/10/2014 8:33:02 PM] TR3G | Boo Cakey: how is boom international
[30/10/2014 8:33:36 PM] TR3G | Boo Cakey: and no japanese are coming?
[31/10/2014 2:32:15 AM] Herbert Von Karajan: Yep
[31/10/2014 10:30:19 AM] TR3G | Boo Cakey: that's pretty LAME

but, you know, it's herberty von karajanosjalapenos we're talking about here

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Seems everyone is backing out of this years Apex..... I may also be unable to go this year due to financial reasons...

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Anti-hype:
Sponsored by Nintendo, the people who brought you brawl

I'm not going
Peru isnt going
No one I talk to in Japan is going
Isai said he most likely wont go
Pidge0 isnt going

Japanese tournaments >>>>>>> USA tournaments.
1) Smash-64 only
2) Finished in 1 day with 150+ people
3) Official tournament sanctioned drinking party​

These are the main reasons why I'm going to start going to Kansai / Kanto tournament every year instead.

Don't be surprised if you see Peru there with me. Peru doesn't need a visa to go to Japan.

Morin0

Smash Lord
If I pretended to be a Peruvian, could you take me too? I can start playing Pikachu and playing on Hyrule too.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Peru is having a couple of japanese style tournaments, go there and win and i'll consider it

Oh but only classic n64 controllers are allowed in Japan tournaments, but im trying to change that.

Last edited:

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
confirmed everyone scared of boom
CANADA #1 get rekt

I'd love to use apex as a good excuse to go to new york though, maybe see you guys there and play some smash

Sedda

Smash Champion
peru isnt going? what a drag... you know, because they've attended every year :facepalm:. im not surprised that they aren't going, and id be really surprised if you can get more than one over to japan throughout the next year regardless of the visa situation

most of the hype that has been building up this whole year has been through sets with NA players anyway, so all of top 8 is going to be good.

dont really care about foreigners going or not anymore. if they come, amazing, but if they dont, we have something really good going on here now

Shears

Smash Master
Well we had Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, UK, and Norway last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Peru doesn't come, but no Japanese, or any other countries attending would be a disappointment (I don't count Canada, thats like having your little sister come, no big deal). I know Fays was a hopeful attendee, is that still happening? Norway seems to be a lock, and I would hope Mexico and Brazil as well. I'm not saying Apex would suck, just not live up to the preseason expectations.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Judging by what I know, you guys are picking the wrong year to not come to apex.

seriously

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
So Alexx posted in ec ssb64 that there are 3 days of play for 64

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sedda

Smash Champion
Well we had Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, UK, and Norway last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Peru doesn't come, but no Japanese, or any other countries attending would be a disappointment (I don't count Canada, thats like having your little sister come, no big deal). I know Fays was a hopeful attendee, is that still happening? Norway seems to be a lock, and I would hope Mexico and Brazil as well. I'm not saying Apex would suck, just not live up to the preseason expectations.
i doubt banze isnt coming (and he's bringing one or two players afaik). nobody expected jam to show up last apex, but he did. we should be fine. it sucks that dexter doesnt play anymore, but hopefully mariguas can make it. im more hyped about the prospect of seeing Z vs SK or something like that.

i honestly dont care about isai going either, because that just means that competition is going to be tighter and the brackets will be way more interesting.

also, what koro said. it's hilarious that none of these people are going to go right when Alex Strife says that 64 is going to get some sort of special treatment. i hope none of the people who aren't going complain about "unequal treatment" in the future after being given this opportunity and flaking.

the only person who im sad to see that theyre considering flaking now is @ tacos tacos . a combination of kero, tacos, sk, z, boom, whoever else in top 8 sounds ****ing amazing

Quail93

Smash Rookie
This is probably the wrong place to ask this but is it possible for me to get a ride with somebody to and from apex? I live in Frederick MD. If the car ride doesn't work I'm certain there would be a bus to get me to and from.

Shears

Smash Master
This is probably the wrong place to ask this but is it possible for me to get a ride with somebody to and from apex? I live in Frederick MD. If the car ride doesn't work I'm certain there would be a bus to get me to and from.
Get to Baltimore or DC and you'll have a ride. I could take you from Baltimore and I know there is plenty in DC.

Also try and make it to a Xanadu if you can.

Quail93

Smash Rookie
Get to Baltimore or DC and you'll have a ride. I could take you from Baltimore and I know there is plenty in DC.

Also try and make it to a Xanadu if you can.

I lack a license so thats my biggest issue. I could make it down to either dc or baltimore with my brother (he's probably coming along as well). I appreciate it.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
The schedule is being released really soon. It's 3 days because doubles is on Friday, Singles is on Saturday, and top-8 is on the main stage Sunday afternoon. Everyone's really picking the wrong year not to go.

Sedda

Smash Champion
The schedule is being released really soon. It's 3 days because doubles is on Friday, Singles is on Saturday, and top-8 is on the main stage Sunday afternoon. Everyone's really picking the wrong year not to go.
fireblaster said this on irc, but i think this is being blown up out of proportion. 64 will be there full force, at least in NA participation

Olikus

Smash Champion
And in other news, we shouldnt rely only on karajanos von jalapenos. Ofc we are very greatfull for all the good things he has done for the community, but just because he decided not to go, doesnt mean no one else he has helped previously cant go. I never believed in Peru coming anyway, but I think its to early to say for certaint that None of Japan is going. They have 150 people tournaments for christ sake, I bet some of them have time and money to play in the biggest multinathional tournament of all time. we just need another consigliere than Jalapenos who can talk to them.

And tacos isnt allowed to not show up. thats pretty obvious.

Last edited:

Morin0

Smash Lord
Pidge will be giving her adapters to one of the many Canadian players that are going, so they can count on Pidge's adapters. Though it would be better if YBOMBB took them, but he says no. So mean.

Top Bottom