• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17th, 2014 - Somerset, NJ - Registration is up! $5,000+ in Prizes

Sar

Smash Journeyman
1) Is it confirmed that you have to be 21 to get a room? With some hotels it's 18.

2) if it is 21, anyone have any sneaky plans for making a room of all under-21-year-olds happen? Can I have some dude check in for me?

UncivilYoshi

Smash Rookie
Man; the P:M Slots filled up so quick. Really wish we could get another 64 slots on it; considering how nobody is even filling up for the brawl side of things.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
My normal static partner Trump is looking for a teammate. Is there anyone really good still out there? Feel free to inquire but I am going to be picky for him.

rogerthat

Smash Rookie
1) Is it confirmed that you have to be 21 to get a room? With some hotels it's 18.

2) if it is 21, anyone have any sneaky plans for making a room of all under-21-year-olds happen? Can I have some dude check in for me?
It's sometimes 18, but any hotel that doubles as a convention center is most likely careful enough to require 21.

and oh my god SOMEBODY ADDRESS THIS. I've been asking this for a while. I'm pretty sure most of you guys are 21+. Most importantly, it'll even be on my card, so it's not like you would be charged for any damages or whatnot.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I don't see any reason why I can't come to this. I guess it'll be my first pro tourney.

PelorTBH

Smash Rookie
It's sometimes 18, but any hotel that doubles as a convention center is most likely careful enough to require 21.

and oh my god SOMEBODY ADDRESS THIS. I've been asking this for a while. I'm pretty sure most of you guys are 21+. Most importantly, it'll even be on my card, so it's not like you would be charged for any damages or whatnot.
Yea I need to make sure of this too, as I'm only 19. (though I also still need to find other people to room with as the one person I found stopped responding to me)

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I realize now that in order to go to this I'll need to a Friday off from work. I think it's ******** that they're doing bracket pools and yet they can get this tourney done in 3 days.

Anyways when is the final day for registration? I'm gonna have to give my supervisor adequate notice about getting a day off, but I'm not sure if I'm even willing to do that just yet.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I realize now that in order to go to this I'll need to a Friday off from work. I think it's ******** that they're doing bracket pools and yet they can get this tourney done in 3 days.

Anyways when is the final day for registration? I'm gonna have to give my supervisor adequate notice about getting a day off, but I'm not sure if I'm even willing to do that just yet.

Having to get a day off to go to a 3 day tourney? Welcome to the real world, and suck it up

Also for anyone asking about the check in age for the hotel, the hotel is on the front page just give them a call :laugh:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Pretty sure I'm just going to get a spectator's pass for Sunday. How much does that cost?

phish-it

Smash Champion
~Silent Night, Meta-Knight,
Come back when you can put up a fight,
Round yon bat ball, Sakurai's child,
Quick tornadoes, so broken and wild,
Trip in heavenly peeeeeee-eeeeace,
Triii-iip in heavenly peace.~

smashmachine

Smash Lord
what are the top 3 events by Melee entrants?
because this one's already 2nd place by now isn't it

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
So, this might already have been addressed, but the Project M ruleset doesn't say anything about Giga Bowser. Is that an oversight, or is he actually legal?

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
II. ELIGIBILITY
... You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to reserve a room on this website. If you are under the age of eighteen, you may contact the hotel directly for assistance
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/info/site_usage.jhtml

So according to the hotel, 18 years should be enough.
I followed this when registering on behalf of myself(19) and some others(among them at least one guy at the age of 21), because it didn't say "YOU HAVE TO BE 21 YEARS OLD" anywhere.
Is this a problem?

Att1cus

Woof woof
Looking for a Brawl doubles partner, preferably from the upstate NY area so we can get some
practice in. I can MK, ZSS, Snake, Mario, Marth, and Falco. Let me know! I'm also interested in low-tier tournies/MM.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'll just experience the tournament. Right from the computer screen, for the 3rd time in a row.

If salem's going, I'll be rooting for that win streak.

Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice
Hey anyone know of any open carpools through MA going to Apex? Been posting around, trying to find if there's an open slot. I've already found housing and stuff for the event though.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Daaaaang.
This is really soon...and I haven't been practicing! When I have free time I'm usually playing/doing something else...
Oooo..and JWong has signed up for UMVC3. Wanna see that.

Last edited:

strawhats

Smash Master
wait...neutroni is going to this? I thought he retired (lol wait...if ken came back, anyone can)

Top Bottom