• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Results and Shoutouts

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I have my sets against Tony and Kmad64 recorded. I might have other tourney matches recorded too. I'll upload the matches of players I don't recognize, and someone can tell me who's playing.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Some of the top 8 has been on 8wayrun's channel since Day 1, I guess waiting for the video thread for the rest.
Hi Thino, if you're in Mountain View and play ssb64 then we should play some time. JsoloHD has small tournaments/smashfests in San Leandro pretty frequently. Firo is going to be in mountain view this summer as well.

Thino

Smash Master
Hi Thino, if you're in Mountain View and play ssb64 then we should play some time. JsoloHD has small tournaments/smashfests in San Leandro pretty frequently. Firo is going to be in mountain view this summer as well.
Sure, PM, phone etc.. I do need to get out from my netplaying habit and learn to play on a real N64

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Alex Strife - Without you none of this would have been possible and I can't thank you enough for that. Everyone had a blast!

Chain-ace - Thanks for helping me run this event and getting so much stuff recorded. This event was too good!

Kikoushi, Ruoka, Nangoku - Thanks so much for coming to our tournament and showing us what Japan is capable of. You guys were really fun to be around and I hope to see you again some time.

m3gav01t - Thanks for the housing on Thursday night I really appreciate that. Good seeing you again and I'll let you know the next time I'm driving through Jersey.

Isai - Good seeing you again and thanks for coming and putting on a great show with your Mario. Teams was a lot of fun as always.

Boom - All of your sets were awesome to watch and we had some really fun games in teams. Thanks for coming!

Jaime - Congrats on making it to the top-5 with a decisive victory over Sensei. We didn't really get to play that much this time around though:(

Banze and oxolane - Thanks for coming to the tournament! It was good to meet and play you guys and I hope you had as much fun as I did.

Battlecow - It was good to finally meet you in person. Somehow I don't think we ever got to play though. Thanks for commentating - I've heard a lot of good things from people who watched!

b-rex - ggs in bracket that set really could have gone either way.

cmu6eh - You're the man for donating that pot bonus.

Jel - Thanks for doing so much recording for us. I can't wait for the vids.

Kefit - Really good set we had there. I blame the Dreamland wind for making me miss an easy kill on your last stock game1;)

Sensei - Seems like you fell short of your goal but nonetheless you were really impressive and did better than people thought you would. Sorry again for mistaking your dad for just another smasher lol

Han Solo - ggs in that money match. Your Fox did some pretty awesome things.

Tank - Didn't get to play. Thanks for recording!

KnitePhox - ggs in bracket. Too bad about your computer:(

Ceasar - Your Mario is pretty legit. Those were pretty fun dittos.

Kero - I don't think we got to play but you're legit and had a really strong showing this weekend. Good job!

YBOMBB - strong showing in bracket! Hopefully people will stop underrating you now.

Sheer - Thanks for coming out to this and putting on a great show with Yoshi.

Jimmy Joe - didn't get to talk to you much this time around but thanks for being so generous:)

clubba - glad you were able to make it for part of the weekend. Can't wait to finally get some console training sessions going in the DC area.

Kaillera people - Dark Link, Shade, Unknown, etc. - good to finally meet you guys in person. Too bad we didn't play but I'll see you around the server hopefully.

Everyone else - Sorry for being so forgetful with names while running the bracket lol. Thanks for coming and I hope you had a great time. See you all next year!

firo

Smash Ace
I had a ton of fun during the tournament and the friendlies. It was really nice to see everyone again and to put some faces to friends on Galaxy.

I would like to extend a sincere thank you to everyone who help supported the Galaxy last weekend. I received so many donations from people (monetary or otherwise) that I'm not going to call out people individually because I'm sure I will forget someone. However please know that I really, really, appreciate it. I was blown away with the generosity of everyone, and I know providing things or giving money to someone you don't know is not easy. This community is one that I am very proud to be a part of and I'm happy to continue doing what I am doing. If anyone who donated would like recognition or some special privileged on Galaxy please let me know and I'll will be more than happy to do so.

I will mention Jimmy Joe, who provided the hotel and incurred must of the cost which saved me a lot of trouble, considering that I didn't plan properly and came without having a place to stay.

As an update to certain things I am working on, the client that I posted about and the lagout fix, along with other things that I hope to get off the ground, are not dead. I plan to get back in the swing of things and work on them again soon.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
I had a ton of fun during the tournament and the friendlies. It was really nice to see everyone again and to put some faces to friends on Galaxy.

I would like to extend a sincere thank you to everyone who help supported the Galaxy last weekend. I received so many donations from people (monetary or otherwise) that I'm not going to call out people individually because I'm sure I will forget someone. However please know that I really, really, appreciate it. I was blown away with the generosity of everyone, and I know providing things or giving money to someone you don't know is not easy. This community is one that I am very proud to be a part of and I'm happy to continue doing what I am doing. If anyone who donated would like recognition or some special privileged on Galaxy please let me know and I'll will be more than happy to do so.

I will mention Jimmy Joe, who provided the hotel and incurred must of the cost which saved me a lot of trouble, considering that I didn't plan properly and came without having a place to stay.

As an update to certain things I am working on, the client that I posted about and the lagout fix, along with other things that I hope to get off the ground, are not dead. I plan to get back in the swing of things and work on them again soon.
Yeah I mean, did you see the pic I posted for you in my shoutout? ROFL

SheerMadness

Smash Master
33: cmu6eh - Never met but I heard you donated a large sum to the pot. Awfully generous of you man. Thanks!

33: Wizzrobe - Didn't get to see any of your matches, but good job in PM like always!

33: Komotonoto - You pwned me in the crew battle. Too pro. Stick with Yoshi, stop switching. Just don't approach with DJC dair so much lol.

33: Bladewise - Met at the airport I think. Too bad we didn't play.

33: Cobrevolution - Played you online like right before Apex but don't think we ever played at the tourney. My bad.

33: SkyFire - You're Diablo right? You guys got really good since your noob trash talking days. I felt like I was seeing life through a camera lens whenever I saw your red eyes haha.

33: Combo Blaze - Don't think we ever played but nice meeting you. Sorry you were on the losing crew battle team with me. We got pwned.

33: Stranded - Hmmm you were the falcon main from the Kero/Diablo crew right? Sorry if it seemed like I was avoiding you when you kept asking for games. Had melee stuff to deal with. But we got those friendlies on sunday.

33: KoRoBeNiKi - Koro you're right I saw you everywhere lol. You're better than you give yourself credit for on an n64 controller.

33: Weedwack - Dude you helped me out so much. Showing me how to get back to my apartment from the venue and driving to and back from the smash hotel. Thanks a million. Also everytime I saw one of your matches you were getting a fair death combo. Nice!

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, I feel like this Apex went by much waaay faster than last year. But that could have something to do with the fact that about 9 smashers stayed for like an additional week last year so we were able to stream matches and stuff. You guys should stay longer next year. Anyway, here are some shoutouts, which will I'll add to in later posts, like Sheer, since doing this all at once is fairly overwhelming.

Alex Strife: Thanks for making this whole thing possible! And thanks for raising the cap twice! I hope this isn't your last tournament, man. I feel like you always do an awesome job. I remember back when Jerry and I used to go to your Parallax tournaments up in NY. Good times.

Chain-Ace: Thanks for TO'ing again and recording matches! One of these tournaments, we'll have to get some friendlies in, haha. Good seeing you again, and next time we have a smashfest, you should come by, if you're free.

Nintendude: Thanks for TO'ing again! You should definitely come and play some smash next time you're passing through!

Kikoushi: Congratulations on winning! Your mind games are ridiculous. My match against you was the most fun match I played all tournament. If you don't retire, I hope you can make it our here for next apex!

Isai: Always good to see you again. I want more Hallo Berlin. Maybe I'll fly out to genesis this summer, depending on how things go.

Boom: Good to see you again. Sorry you had to wait at the airport for a bit. Thanks for helping me warm up and stuff during the tournament. You should stay longer next year!

Jaime: Good to see you again. I wish we'd gotten more friendlies in. You should stay longer next year so we can all go to NY again.

Sensei: Good to play you sober for the first time in a while. We should definitely get together more and smash!

Kefit: Good seeing you again. I wish we'd gotten more than 2 friendlies in.

Firo: Nice to finally play you, even though we only got 3 friendlies in. Hopefully, I'll get to play you more next year. I heard you taught Chris quite a bit with Ness.

YBOMBB: Nice to finally play you. I want a rematch next year!

Sheer: Nice to finally meet you, man. You seem like a cool, relaxed guy. I wish we'd gotten more than 1 friendly in, haha, but I think we were both completely smashed out by Sunday. You shouldn't make this your last smash event! Come to apex next year!

B-rex: Good match, man. You definitely gave me a scare. You've got a tough fox, man. You seem like a chill dude, too.

Well, I'm gonna go get something to eat with Weedwack. I'll get back to this later.

malva00

Smash Master
2. Isai: Good to see you again buddy. Your set with Kikoushi was really fun to watch. You stuck to your Mario guns which is repectable. Seeing someone just play for fun instead of money is refreshing. I think most of us would have sold out and went with Pika (if we had good Pikas) and tried for that $700. Also good to see you get really into those melee finals. [/B]
thanks BUDDY. my high point of the tournament was staying with Mario in singles. low point was switching from Luigi to Pikachu in teams lol

banze

Smash Journeyman
Hey what’s up guys !!!
Finally found some time to post here after apex!! I literally went from US to Argentina and then another city and gees!! All for work of course.

Now, Apex…OH god ! what can I say about it…

This was one of the best experiences ever!! I always wanted to meet all the good players out there, you know… just talk with them and play with them, and guess what? I did it and it was f***ing awesome!!!
Right from the start I was amazed by the venue. This huge place with nothing but smashers all over the place!
The tournament was freaking Hyped! The freeplays were sick and the friendships I made was the highlight of it all !

Before talking about the players I would like to start with some guys that made our stay so good.

Alex Strife: I couldn’t start without mentioning how awesome you were for hosting this amazing tournament, raising the cap and everything ! it was the best 64 tournament ever!

Jimmyjoe: Dude… you are simply the coolest guy out there, God! you arranged a place for almost 20 players to stay in!
And simply to hang out with you around the venue, hotel and restaurant made this trip unforgettable! Really, thank you man, you can count on me whenever.

Tank: It was super fun hanging with you dude! Cracking jokes all the time ahaha !! and playing as well of course! By the way, neat outfit dude ;]

B-rex: Man!! Ahuahau how funny was to stay with you this weekend ! losing cellphone and shoes behind ! grabbing cabs and stuff ! Super fun guy and play insanely good as well! We played so much that I could feel you improving by each match! Super fast fox and pika; you are really good indeed!

All right now

Kikoushi: I was so hyped watching the GF!! Of course I was cheering for the outsiders ;] ! waving my Brazilian flag on the crowd eheh! Congratz on the winning man !! I’ve never seen a Kirby like that and I could never imagine this character winning a tournament. And also, can I say, you are super cool guy !! very funny!

Isai: Man… what can I say about you… you are simply the best smash players ever!! I always wanted to play you and it is really nice to say that I did… and you are amazing! The first mach was sick. It was an open eyes for me when you were comboing me with your pika out of nowhere!!! Doing things I never thought possible!!! Even expecting you to be good, you did surprised me!
The following matches with you and JaimeRH were super fun!! And I did got to win 1 out of a dozen after a while! It felt really good!! But seriously, awesome job on the 2nd place playing Mario all the way!! If you ever fell like know brazil just let me know ! =]

Superboomfan: What a funny guy !! dude, I could stop laughing on crews at the hotel room !! and MAAAN you are good !! I was playing you and thing how perfect your timing and speed is! I enjoyed your matches on the tournament and out of it! Thanks

Ruoka and Nangoku: I’ve played them a lot on friendlys and it was lots of fun! Nangoku has a ness with a great sense of spacing and anti-edgeguarding technic. And Ruoka with the crazy DK (didn’t get to play falcon), but no more awasawa loop !! =D

JaimeHR: What a crazy Samus you have!! It was really hard to win one macth agains you! I was amazed! And you are super funny dude!! You imitations on the fatBi*** place was unbelievable!!

Sensei: You amazed me as well!! didn’t expected you to be thiiiis good !!And with multiple characters as well! I had a great time playing you on friendlys !!

Kefit: Dude you are super fun to play with too =] !!! You remind me a lot of myself playing and talking and laughing!! I had the best time playing you and thank you a lot for putting a great word on me ;] !! Congratz on the 7° place at the tourn. Hope to play against you again some other time!!

Nintendude: Thanks a lot for organizing this tournament man! It was really good meeting you! Very responsible guy and fun to play with as well ! thank you for the commentating my Mario edgeguarding skill ! made my day =D

SheerMadness: You was one of the persons I played the most on this weekend! And what a awesome Yoshi you have man !! Oh god, it’s so difficult to play against, you are too good!! I had a great time playing with you and Oxolane on the last day, it was very funny!! It was really good playing you on the tournament! I have the match recorded and I will post it soon !! Congratz on the 9° place man !! Hope to play you again !

Han solo: You are skilled man !! it was really good playing you on the friendlys ! You and Sheer were the first guys that I knew before from videos that I played with on this trip! And you really surprised me by your speed and technic! You are both very nice guys to talk to as well! And you broke Oxolane shield with shine =DD !! he always talks about it!! I really wish to have see that. Really good meeting you man! I’ll be checking your channel ;].

And to avoid making it a veeery long post, I would like to thank all the guys that I met and played! It was the time of my life! Ballin (good games man!), Megavolt, battlecow (nice job commentating), Rumbly, Kerokeroppi, Ceasar (funny guy), I love smash, Shade, Knitephox, Jel, weedwack

Really hope you guys had as much fun with me as I did with you all !!
It was one of the best trips ever!! Hope to made to next tournament and place even higher !!
See ya!

Top Bottom