• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Info Dump!

PP's Marf is doing surprinsingly good against Armada imo.
I do not really see it as surprising. Marth has the advantage over peach. PP has been using marth for some time. He is also a decent player and switching characters isn't as hard.

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
PP is carrying Marth's sword after having to mercy-kill M2K, who came through walls of fruit to see him again.

These sets have all been amazing.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
PP is having so much fun in this set. He looks the happiest I've ever seen him in GF.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Again lost on Dreamland, this time for the set. Just don't think Marth was going to get it done for him there with the low kill power.

Congratulations to Armada.

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff Armada for winning, good stuff PP for taking a set off the champ with a secondary, and good stuff M2K for beating Mango twice.

Thank you and good morning, time to sleep nao.

Melty Venus

Smash Cadet
Dr. PP needed to F-Smash more. He kept opting for grabs, f-airs, and b-airs when you need f-smash's killing power especially in Dream Land.

Great tournament.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Really sad Mango didn't play smarter against Mew2King like he did versus Hungrybox. I think if he had played like he did against Hungrybox and Hax for the whole tournament I think he could have at least challenged Armada. Instead M2K made him look... Well almost free.

voorhese

Smash Master
He was punishing air dodges onto the stage with: wait -> dash grab

those could have been forward smashes. Tippers even.

Melty Venus

Smash Cadet
Um, no. That's really not how the matchup works. Giving Armada free grabs is a bad idea.
No, I mean f-smashes out of a forward grab for example. I know that randomly throwing out f-smashes is bad, lol.

I think he only did it like once and he got a nice tipper because of that.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Really sad Mango didn't play smarter against Mew2King like he did versus Hungrybox. I think if he had played like he did against Hungrybox and Hax for the whole tournament I think he could have at least challenged Armada. Instead M2K made him look... Well almost free.
In my opinion, it was because Mango played like he did against HBox that he got bodied. Challenging HBox at the ledge is one thing, but doing that against M2K was just asking for trouble.

LFs could have gone either way. Although I still believe that Mango and M2K were truly the ones with the best chances against Armada, PP more than proved that he was capable of threatening the title defense. Everything about Apex this year was incredible.

R3N0

Smash Lord
No, I mean f-smashes out of a forward grab for example. I know that randomly throwing out f-smashes is bad, lol.
This is still bad. Were you watching the same matches? Armada was DI'ing way too hard for those fsmashes. They are not 100%.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Interestingly, Armada beat 2nd place twice, who beat 3rd place twice, who beat 4th place twice.

:D

L14m

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to all the chumps running on stage and Dr. FreeFree for his charming little dance after winning one set.

*Slow claps*

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
The matches are all already up on jaxelrod's youtube account.
GFs is loading currently, if it's not already finished.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I feel like those 2 wins M2K just had vs Mango made up 4 the pasat 4 years of buttkickin Mango gave em

Next year the return of Mangos King Puff?

:sonic:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Naw, it's return of M2K this year. During both of his sets against Mango I was really thinking he could've won Apex, and maybe he would've if that last game against PP was a little closer.

Top Bottom