• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Anything Can Change! - The Chrom Social Thread (Now with a Proper Victory Theme!)

What should we call Chrom's infamous zero-to-death Soaring Slash suicide string?

• Total voters

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Congrats guys, you suffered probably the biggest blow with Smash 4 considering how cruely they disconfirmed him, so it's good to see that it ended on a positive note.
Well, I might be slightly considering of forgiving Sakurai a teeny bit after he didn't make Chrom actually be an Ike-clone like he so joked before about.

However, doesn't still remove the fact that bitter taste had seeped into me eons back already when he became a complete clown in the community's hands since Sm4sh, so I dunno if I want this to make it all up. Ridley had same treatment about for a long while, and it shows just how toxic Smash's influence can be on some characters within the community.

But enough of that now. Let's celebrate.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, question for the Chrom fans, will you all be giving the echos their own slots? I will be.

Teeb147 Teeb147 Yeah, I thought so too to start, but closer inspection shows mostly Roy.
There's at least one move that we've never seen on Roy. I don't know exactly what's going on, but I did think it was more than that.

Even just a Roy without the effect on the long range is cool too. A more mixed fighter wouldve been cool tho :)

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Ahh, it actually happened, Chrom finally gets his chance in Smash! It always felt weird seeing Robin and Lucina in Smash 4 without Chrom but it's nice to now see the Awakening Trio all here. Surprised that Chrom is echoing Roy apparently? since I was sure he would be based on Ike but I knew in the end if he was going to be in the game Chrom would end up being an echo fighter of somebody. Can't wait to play as him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
image.jpeg

We have a new home now, guys!

Arthur97

Smash Master
AWAKENING CONFIRMED BEST FIRE EMBLEM
Are you just now realizing this?
There's at least one move that we've never seen on Roy. I don't know exactly what's going on, but I jump ahead I think.

Even just a Roy without the effect on the long range is cool too. A more mixed fighter wouldve been cool tho :)
Indeed, it would be, but as a Lucina fan, this is better than what she's gotten.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Congrats to Chrom fans. We and the Roy fans were rivals during the pre-Smash 4 days. I did not like the arrogance of Chrom supporters, but even I thought it was cruel how Chrom was treated (through the Robin trailer and Palutena's guidance).

Well, thanks to our boy, Chrom got to have his chance another day. Congrats. Dark Samus, Chrom, and K. Rool all did incredibly things today. Dark Samus and K. Rool made their last appearance in their own series 11 years ago, and Chrom is from a FE game now three games behind (behind Fates, Shadows of Valentia, and now Three Houses). Anything can truly change!

Also, I have been looking at Chrom's screenshots, and noticed how his sword is red towards the the base of the sword:

I wonder what that means.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Are you just now realizing this?

Indeed, it would be, but as a Lucina fan, take what you can get.
Yeah I like Lucina a lot even as a clone, and maybe it'll feel new just because we can use the moveset differently.

And as for the echos in the select screen, it really depends how the layout looks. I might keep them out to have bigger pictures, but then again I'd like to see Lucina in the main ones :) Hey it'd be cool if I could toggle Lucina as the main character to see on entry.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Congrats to Chrom fans. We and the Roy fans were rivals during the pre-Smash 4 days. I did not like the arrogance of Chrom supporters, but even I thought it was cruel how Chrom was treated (through the Robin trailer and Palutena's guidance).

Well, thanks to our boy, Chrom got to have his chance another day. Congrats. Dark Samus, Chrom, and K. Rool all did incredibly things today. Dark Samus and K. Rool made their last appearance in their own series 11 years ago, and Chrom is from a FE game now three games behind (behind Fates, Shadows of Valentia, and now Three Houses). Anything can truly change!

Also, I have been looking at Chrom's screenshots, and noticed how his sword is red towards the the base of the sword:

Hmm, the trails still seem pretty solid if not thicker on the edge so I'm not sure. Still, that sword effect looks pretty nice.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Going over the possible fighters for this direct, I was neutral on Simon, liked but didn't love K. Rool but was really hoping for either Ashley or Elma. Seeing Ashley get Assist Trophied stung, but it was more than made up for with Chrom! Feels good to see him finally get his chance!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I just realized something. With Chrom playable, does that Robin's Palutena Guidance gonna be changed?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Congrats, guys. I didn't think Chrom would get in as Echo, much less one of Ike, since I thought his sword was too dinky to be used in the same manner as Ike's Ragnell. But I'm glad I was wrong, because he looks really, really cool, and I'm glad to see that Roy was used as a base for him. I always thought he made a lot more sense than Ike.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Chromgrats guys, while I wasn't much of a chrom supporter back in the Smash 4 Speculation days, I was rooting for him in Ultimate. I suppose he did get his chance another day. :)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'm thinking it might be a reference to the Exalted Falchion, without fully making the Exalted version as the default. :p

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
You know, I'm kind of glad he isn't an Ike echo, because I didn't want to have to choose between playing Chrom or Ike, and I don't like playing characters that are too similar to each other. Now I can play them both and not have to worry about getting their minor differences confused.

Chromgratulations everyone!

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well, TBQH, I sorta hoped to look for another FE-rep to kind of tide me over being annoyed about Chrom's treatment before - over time it was Roy that happened to be it when playing Project M.

Seems like all the paths come together with that.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
If Ike does get an echo it will be the Black Knight.
It could also be Greil or even Eliwood (and basically make him into Fire Ike) but I hope he gets the VA reference and makes Eliwood into Cloud’s Echo Fighter while Greil or BK become Ike’s Echo Fighter.

aarchak

Smash Ace
Chromgratulations, everyone. I really wanted to see Chrom get his chance since Smash 4, and I am happy. What struck me as odd was that he's an echo of Roy. Hope he's at least good, I want to use him.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don’t have any particular attachment to Chrom, but I am happy for all you Chrom fans. That said, I’m interested in playing him since he’s an echo of one of my favorite fighters. I really hope he doesn’t have rock physics, because that was my least favorite part of Roy in Smash 4.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So Chrom is confirmed and aslso shows Echos don't have to be a complete one to one for movesets.

So he's basically Dr. Roy ^_^

Take that Viridi!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was convinced Chrom would end up being an Echo Fighter for Ike. Never imagined he be one for Roy instead.

Eh...whatever, it’s nice to have him around regardless.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Chromgrats on the Chromfirmation!

It's gonna be good to see Chrom give Viridi what for for his treatment. He finally got his chance today.

I've never been a big supporter of FE characters, but Chrom was the one I actually wanted. Especially after the treatment of him in Robin's Smash 4 trailer and what his fans had to deal with for some time after.

Also, KING K ROOL BABY YEAH!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Let's go! I'm so happy that Chrom is back! I was a chrom defender ever since the Smash 4 days- and even more for Ultimate in the Main threads. But ahh...I'm so Happy!
CHROMGRATULATION! Roy's our boy but Chrom's our man!

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
Anybody else ready for Chrom vs Captain Falcon. This is a match up four years in the making and i'm ready for some sweet revenge.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
I'm glad he got in. Never expected him to be some weird fusion of Melee Marth, Roy, and Ike though.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Does anyone find it quite funny that Chrom is an Echo of a former clone?

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Chrom discord is finally getting new members since we're chromfirmed now

Top Bottom