• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Canonically, it's not. Lucina took after her father. And if you watch "Two Falchions" you'll discover that they fight basically the same. That is, if you even played Awakening. Expecting Chrom to fight differently than the very fighter he mentored that even shares his same DNA is grasping straws.
I guess Captain Falcon and Ganondorf share the same DNA. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This doesn't make sense. I'm debating canon. Did you play Awakening?
Doesn't matter if I played it or not. If DNA is the only reason to justify making a newcomer a clone of a veteran, then I guess Ganondorf shares the same DNA as Captain Falcon. :rolleyes:

Also, Luigi and Mario share the same DNA but they are not clones of each other.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Check out the website.
Or check the entire thread...
We've been defending he wouldn't be a clone for years. Lucina fans even defended she wouldn't be a clone of Marth. Neither of them fight like Marth or Ike in the games after all (duel handed, and Marth was a port of Lucina for Awakening's dlc), and Chrom looks...way too "heavy" to be a Marth clone, so I've never seen that visually looking right. To each their own on that, I guess.

But end of day, it comes to if Sakurai would want to take the time to make someone a unique fighter, or just add them as a clone for the sake of being there, regardless of what anyone says. Should Robin and Lucy not have joined, he most likely would have made Chrom a unique character. Just being a swordsman doesn't mean you have to be a clone, if Mii Fighters prove anything.

Plus, if Sakurai hated Fire Emblem, he could have made even Robin a clone. I redirect everyone to the man that could have been a unique magic + sword fighter, but instead made into the biggest flop of a fighter ever:

And on the topic of clone dlc: It's too early to infer they'll get that lazy with dlc. I think they know making unique fighters would sell much better.
In the scenario I hope for, Chrom is made a unique fighter through dlc. Smash 5 (as much as I hate saying it) comes 8 years later and Lucina gets overhauled to fight like him instead of Marth. Both of them getting in and fighting similarly was what I thought would happen in the first place.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Or check the entire thread...
We've been defending he wouldn't be a clone for years. Lucina fans even defended she wouldn't be a clone of Marth. Neither of them fight like Marth or Ike in the games after all (duel handed, and Marth was a port of Lucina for Awakening's dlc), and Chrom looks...way too "heavy" to be a Marth clone, so I've never seen that visually looking right. To each their own on that, I guess.

But end of day, it comes to if Sakurai would want to take the time to make someone a unique fighter, or just add them as a clone for the sake of being there, regardless of what anyone says. Should Robin and Lucy not have joined, he most likely would have made Chrom a unique character. Just being a swordsman doesn't mean you have to be a clone, if Mii Fighters prove anything.

Plus, if Sakurai hated Fire Emblem, he could have made even Robin a clone. I redirect everyone to the man that could have been a unique magic + sword fighter, but instead made into the biggest flop of a fighter ever:

And on the topic of clone dlc: It's too early to infer they'll get that lazy with dlc. I think they know making unique fighters would sell much better.
In the scenario I hope for, Chrom is made a unique fighter through dlc. Smash 5 (as much as I hate saying it) comes 8 years later and Lucina gets overhauled to fight like him instead of Marth. Both of them getting in and fighting similarly was what I thought would happen in the first place.
I can only imagine how frustrated long term defenders must be; having being ridiculed for a clone character only to have another, even more similar clone! That said, if chrom can be dlc, maybe he can have a better fate than a clone, that's what we are going to aim for.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
To be honest, if Chrom is DLC, and one of Lucina and Chrom HAD to get a unique moveset, it'd probably be Lucina in my opinion.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I hated this @ChromForSmash idea until I read about Frederick replacing Chrom as Robin's Final Smash, then I hated it a little less. But then I realized that Frederick doesn't have a lot to do with Robin much at all, and furthermore, he has very much to do with Chrom himself, which made me dislike this idea again.

As a Chrom detractor I'm happy where Chrom is right now, and I believe that's where he should be.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I hated this @ChromForSmash idea until I read about Frederick replacing Chrom as Robin's Final Smash, then I hated it a little less. But then I realized that Frederick doesn't have a lot to do with Robin much at all, and furthermore, he has very much to do with Chrom himself, which made me dislike this idea again.

As a Chrom detractor I'm happy where Chrom is right now, and I believe that's where he should be.
Why come to support threads for someone you dislike?

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Don't worry about it haha. It's just the part with Frederick doesn't sit well with me. If only there was a character that would better fit that role in Robin's Final Smash.

Oh wait, I got it: Morgan! And it would be male Morgan for female Robin and female Morgan for male Robin! Perfect!

If they change that to that I back this 100%.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Morgan actually makes a ton of sense as the Alfonzo'd Final Smash. It wouldn't even be too hard to make, since it's essentially a face swap with a shorter stature. :p

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Don't worry about it haha. It's just the part with Frederick doesn't sit well with me. If only there was a character that would better fit that role in Robin's Final Smash.

Oh wait, I got it: Morgan! And it would be male Morgan for female Robin and female Morgan for male Robin! Perfect!

If they change that to that I back this 100%.
That's an excellent idea, I can't believe I didn't consider it!

bobadz

Smash Ace
I didn't want chrom to be playable, but it's always a shame when a character deconfirmed. Especially so brutally.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
I think Morgan is an awesome idea for a swap out in Robin's FS but I do wonder what they would do concerning the hair color since that is supposed to be inherited from the other parent. What do you guys think? That it will probably just be the same color as Robin's hair?

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I think Morgan is an awesome idea for a swap out in Robin's FS but I do wonder what they would do concerning the hair color since that is supposed to be inherited from the other parent. What do you guys think? That it will probably just be the same color as Robin's hair?
Depends on chrom's color maybe?

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
For male Robin it would depend on his hair color. For female Robin, I don't know. We don't really know how they're approaching palette swaps and/or alt costumes for Robin anyways yet.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Dark blue. Because this game made Robin (F) x Chrom or Robin (M) x Lucina official :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dark blue. Because this game made Robin (F) x Chrom or Robin (M) x Lucina official :troll:
But Sumia was holding baby Lucina in the opening. :troll:

But maybe they'd have Morgan don his/her hood to avoid the issue? Or just make both white.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
I wouldn't be opposed to it if it was dark blue. To be honest, I love the look on Morgan.

But Sumia was holding baby Lucina in the opening. :troll:

But maybe they'd have Morgan don his/her hood to avoid the issue? Or just make both white.
Well wish I thought of that one. Would have answered my question pretty fast. Plus it makes more sense because then the hair doesn't have to be redone for both the male and female versions of Morgan. It would just be one model. Less work with best outcome always wins.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
If I had it my way I'd have female Morgan's hair color match male Robin's, and have male Morgan's hair be blue for female Robin. But people could take that as "unequal treatment." Perhaps what would be best is to have both Morgan and Robin's hair colors match, regardless of gender.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Isn't Morgan's artwork hair color a greenish one? Just make it that, then. cx

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
No, the official artwork for Morgan has his/her hair blue. You were probably looking at the Fire Emblem Wiki portrait art of them, which indeed has their hair greenish, but that is not their official character artwork.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If I had it my way I'd have female Morgan's hair color match male Robin's, and have male Morgan's hair be blue for female Robin. But people could take that as "unequal treatment." Perhaps what would be best is to have both Morgan and Robin's hair colors match, regardless of gender.
That is a good idea. Anyways, welcome to Smash Boards!

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Btw if you haven't, you guys ought to go comment on the website and follow the twitter account!

I don't know if there's anything else we can do now, but lets at least build up some followers!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's still some things in store under wraps, but I need some time before their ready. I also have some "agents" spreading the movement to websites I'm unfamiliar with. :p

We're far from finished; there's a lot more we can do.

That's one thing we need: artists. People who can make support banners and signatures. We're in dire need of some!

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
There's still some things in store under wraps, but I need some time before their ready. I also have some "agents" spreading the movement to websites I'm unfamiliar with. :p

We're far from finished; there's a lot more we can do.

That's one thing we need: artists. People who can make support banners and signatures. We're in dire need of some!
Let me know what I can do, but I'm not a great artist. I do love writing of that helps at all /:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let me know what I can do, but I'm not a great artist. I do love writing of that helps at all /:
Anything helps! Any sort of PR work would be great, since you enjoy writing.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
What if we tried to spread the word by getting youtubers or streamers on board. For example, I know Smooth McGroove plays Fire Emblem. I don't know if he has played Awakening or if he even likes Chrom but he might be a good one to get on our side if we can manage it. I watch his streams pretty regularly and he gets about 1,000 viewers on average. Could give our movement a huge boost.

Also, if you don't know who he is, he makes acapellas of video game music. I'll post his Together We Ride one.

If it doesn't work I'll fix it. I don't comment on forums often.

Like I said earlier, I will help with art if I can but it has been a long time. Also, I do mostly hand drawn stuff.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Anything helps! Any sort of PR work would be great, since you enjoy writing.
Alright, Im taking a break for now, but I'll come up with some ideas. Also my brother is a huge chrom supporter and is making an account soon, he really appreciates this effort and wants to help!

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
@ Opossum Opossum Are you the creator of the Wordpress page?

Nvm I checked, yes you are. ;)

As much as I'd like to support this 100%, keep in mind that Chrom as DLC with the proposed Final Smash would also require a patch, or a change in the actual game, which in this case, is Robin's Final Smash. Even though it'd be a visual difference it would still be a decent change. I'm not really one for inconsistencies among multiple copies of the same game.

Gaahhhhh

Eh...it could work, if they make it work. How about that. Yeah, I still back this.

Last edited:

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
@ Opossum Opossum Are you the creator of the Wordpress page?

Nvm I checked, yes you are. ;)

As much as I'd like to support this 100%, keep in mind that Chrom as DLC with the proposed Final Smash would also require a patch, or a change in the actual game, which in this case, is Robin's Final Smash. Even though it'd be a visual difference it would still be a decent change. I'm not really one for inconsistencies among multiple copies of the same game.

Gaahhhhh

Eh...it could work, if they make it work. How about that. Yeah, I still back this.

Didn't they say something about making smash have a more competitive scene? If that's the case I assume they would do something similar to Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. Have a huge update every few years with balance changes, bug fixes, etc. and reward people with a few new characters, maps, songs, etc. Or the Mortal Kombat way where you get stand alone characters but they come with compatability packs so you don't have to pay for the character to get whatever changes may come with him.

Also, pertaining to my other post earlier, I should mention that Smooth McGroove isn't a huge smash fan but I think it is still worth looking into. I mean what could it hurt?

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I don't know, man. I really don't know where to stand regarding DLC, but as for what is proposed for Chrom it requires mostly a mere visual change, so I guess it's easier to imagine this happening.

As for contacting Smooth McGroove, I don't know if he's played Fire Emblem Awakening, and Together We Ride isn't from that game either. So that may be weird, but he does seem to be a Nintendo fan, so if you want to, you should probably go for it.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
I don't know, man. I really don't know where to stand regarding DLC, but as for what is proposed for Chrom it requires mostly a mere visual change, so I guess it's easier to imagine this happening.

As for contacting Smooth McGroove, I don't know if he's played Fire Emblem Awakening, and Together We Ride isn't from that game either. So that may be weird, but he does seem to be a Nintendo fan, so if you want to, you should probably go for it.
Like I said I don't know if he has. And I realize Together We Ride isn't from Awakening but it was to give an idea of who he is and how he is a Fire Emblem fan.

And as for DLC I wouldn't worry too much. If they are making smash competitive like they said, it will get updates which they will probably put extra content into to keep the game fresh and extend the hype of the game. And if the quality of the DLC is an issue too I would tell you to have more faith in Nintendo. I don't feel they will mess it up. The worst case scenario is if we don't get dlc and Chrom is likely made into a character mod with Ike's moveset which wouldn't be too bad to me. Plus the roster is still well enough off, in my opinion, that it would still be great without DLC.

Dragon1128

Smash Cadet
Just coming in here to say. I was a huge Robin fan, I thought Robin would be a much better character than Chrom, and if it came to one or the other, Robin would be my first choice. But I absolutely love Chrom as a character as well.

That said, I always expected Chrom to be in over Robin, and honestly, I was quite happy about that, I was actually HOPING for both Chrom and Robin. I absolutely LOVE all 3 of the awakening characters almost equally, with Chrom being a really close #2 and I'm happy that at least 2 are in, and Chrom is at least well represented in the game.(That final smash is badass.) All that said though, Chrom not being playable in the game is, in my mind just a shame, and I think he has potential. I fully support your cause.

Last edited:

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Just coming in here to say. I was a huge Robin fan, I thought Robin would be a much better character than Chrom, and if it came to one or the other, Robin would be my first choice. But I absolutely love Chrom as a character as well.

That said, I always expected Chrom to be in over Robin, and honestly, I was quite happy about that, I was actually HOPING for both Chrom and Robin. I absolutely LOVE all 3 of the awakening characters almost equally, with Chrom being a really close #2 and I'm happy that at least 2 are in, and Chrom is at least well represented in the game.(That final smash is badass.) All that said though, Chrom not being in the game is, in my mind just a shame, and I think he has potential. I fully support your cause.
Actually I had a similar opinion prior to the trailer except Chrom topped the other three characters for me. I was expecting Chrom with Robin as a close second. In all honesty, I was dying for both to be in. So I got half of my wish but the other half was the greater half so I have to give my all for this cause.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Yeah, I support this but I'm totally happy about the Fire Emblem representation right now too. Like, four playable characters, one appearing in a Final Smash, an Assist Trophy, and the two stages. It is really nice, also considering the fact that Fire Emblem used to have no representation whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom