• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
IDK. A lot of this stuff seems too convenient to me. Like, how funny that shortly after Gematsu is seemingly killed, a bunch of info that seems to "revive" it just happens to pop up.

At this point the only way to really salvage Gematsu is for the Chorus Kids to be shown.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I think it was Chrom. Why throw in that bit if everything else mentioned related to the Fire Emblem characters? It just kinda makes sense, you know?

If his data is on the disk, I'm a happy camper. If Chrom was cut, the Sal Leak could definitely just be outdated, and therefore DLC is still a thing. I think cut characters would be prime choices for it.
The main reason i believe it's chrom is that it supports the Sal leak. There is nothing against it except this reveal, so it adding up at this point would just make sense, especially after a year of correct information.
IDK. A lot of this stuff seems too convenient to me. Like, how funny that shortly after Gematsu is seemingly killed, a bunch of info that seems to "revive" it just happens to pop up.

At this point the only way to really salvage Gematsu is for the Chorus Kids to be shown.
This is a famitsu interview With sakurai. there are new screenshots of the game alongside it. there is no reason to be skeptical of the info given.
(also masked kirby)

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

Skepticism is the main point here I agree

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As I said, I encourage all Chrom supporters to post in the Support section of the site. Every bit helps. :)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
In regards to the Genatsu Leak, there are a number of things it actually got wrong or wasn't specific about:

1.) Miis, Little Mac, and Pac-Man were not revealed at E3.

2.) Villager was not specifically named.

3.) Never mentioned Rosalina.

4.) Greninja was not specifically named.

5.) Mii Fighters were initially named wrong.

6.) Chrom is not playable.

7.) Never mentioned Robin.

8.) Never mentioned Lucina.

9.) Said Shulk would be revealed Monday.

Chrom wasn't its only mistake, just so you know.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
*Activates flame shield*.

Ahem.

With Fire Emblem having 4 reps, 3 of which being generic sword users, and 2 of which being generic MALE sword users. There's literally no role, or point in having Chrom. Especially as a character that people would have to buy by themselves. If we get DLC it'll be removed vets, or characters that are going to sell well.

And to top it off, Chrom already has a role in the game. I can understand being disappointed that a character that you wanted isn't in. But you should count your blessings for the amazing showing that a franchise that you like has recieved so much (unneccessary) attention in Smash Bros. Especially as it was close to death only a while ago. And you at least got Chrom in a prominent role in somebody's moveset. You got more than any Fire Emblem fan could have dare hoped for.

Be pleased with yourselves.
i don't get this mentality

why should we be "happy about franchise representation" when what we want is just a character?
you do realize that you are basically saying to us "be happy you didn't get what you wanted", right?

In regards to the Genatsu Leak, there are a number of things it actually got wrong or wasn't specific about:

1.) Miis, Little Mac, and Pac-Man were not revealed at E3.

2.) Villager was not specifically named.

3.) Never mentioned Rosalina.

4.) Greninja was not specifically named.

5.) Mii Fighters were initially named wrong.

6.) Chrom is not playable.

7.) Never mentioned Robin.

8.) Never mentioned Lucina.

9.) Said Shulk would be revealed Monday.

Chrom wasn't its only mistake, just so you know.
i never, ever believed Gematsu, but i must say, Sakurai already has said that he worked with the idea of a 6th gen pokemon for quite a while before one day getting his hands on promotional stuff for greninja and whipping the moveset in a single day

I do believe i already had mentioned this, but we MUSt find a way to contact and merge with any japanese fanbase Chrom might have

it will be hopeless to continue this without having some japanese feedback, which could maybe who knows be heard by sakurai

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Oh ha-ha. :troll:

But anyway, let's take a poll. What sites shall I bring this to?
Try Facebook. There are pages of the FEA fan community and Smash community that might be willing to help, so think of making a Facebook page for it, maybe update it occasionally with campaign status and/or pictures to prevent people from being bored. Or just ask them for support. Its not much, but some of them, such as "Chrom- Fire Emblem" have a thousand followers. I can try to ask them if your not going to make a Facebook page.

The question is who to bring this to on twitter..anybody know any active twitter users related to FEA at all? Whether that'd be VA's, composers or directors. Though most of them would be Japanese speakers.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Try Facebook. There are pages of the FEA fan community and Smash community that might be willing to help, so think of making a Facebook page for it, maybe update it occasionally with campaign status and/or pictures to prevent people from being bored. Or just ask them for support. Its not much, but some of them, such as "Chrom- Fire Emblem" have a thousand followers. I can try to ask them if your not going to make a Facebook page.
I would be willing to draw some Chrom related pictures to help tide people over for the facebook page but it might take a while to get started. I quit drawing a few years ago so I would have to refresh myself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I dropped off the movement at Fire Emblem Empire. Let's hope some people there spread the word.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm heading there later on. Wouldn't want to spam too many FE sites at once. :p

Just dropped it off at Bulbagarden's Smash topic, as well.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I would be willing to draw some Chrom related pictures to help tide people over for the facebook page but it might take a while to get started. I quit drawing a few years ago so I would have to refresh myself.
That would definitely be great!
@ Opossum Opossum Thoughts on a facebook page? You can give others admin status on it too, I think...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That would definitely be great!
@ Opossum Opossum Thoughts on a facebook page? You can give others admin status on it too, I think...
I'll definitely be doing that once I get some other things off the list I need to do. :p I'm working on...things.

Feel free to share it all over Facebook though!

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Y'know, regarding this movement of sorts...

I always was an advocate for Chrom and Lucina. I clinged to Chrom since he seemed much more likely, but I always wanted Lucina more.

Well, now I've got Lucina, and, while I will admit (in my opinion) Chrom's deconfirmation was kinda funny, it was also a major one. I've only had to deal with Dillon being rejected, so I don't know how it feels to lose such a 'large' character.

All this said, I'll be willing to help with this, even though I'm against paid character DLC. Like I said, I DID support him, and to turn my back on him now when my personal favorite is confirmed would be scummy.

I'd just like to advise some 'lightness' in here. Joke about Captain Falcon and stuff, but in a light-hearted way. It'll be good for raising an otherwise extremely sad fanbase's attitude.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

I always was an advocate for Chrom and Lucina. I clinged to Chrom since he seemed much more likely, but I always wanted Lucina more.

Well, now I've got Lucina, and, while I will admit (in my opinion) Chrom's deconfirmation was kinda funny, it was also a major one. I've only had to deal with Dillon being rejected, so I don't know how it feels to lose such a 'large' character.

All this said, I'll be willing to help with this, even though I'm against paid character DLC. Like I said, I DID support him, and to turn my back on him now when my personal favorite is confirmed would be scummy.

I'd just like to advise some 'lightness' in here. Joke about Captain Falcon and stuff, but in a light-hearted way. It'll be good for raising an otherwise extremely sad fanbase's attitude.
Don't joke about falcon. NEVER joke about the falcon.
But yes I agree, and this thread has really shown to me how great the smash community is, especially compared to the other games I play often :D

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
http://en.gravatar.com/

Just so people know, that's how you change your profile pic on the site.

I agree. To be honest, I kind of like the whole "deconfirmed" meme Chrom has going on for him, unlike other characters like Mewtwo, Chrom is a hilarious character, even though he doesn't try to intentionally be one. He's exactly the kind of man who would get beat up by a F-Zero racer; he has been forced to wear overpriced swim trunks after all. So I'm sure most of us can appreciate that scene, regardless of how cruel it seemed. It shows to someone who never played FE that the series can be hilarious at some points.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
http://en.gravatar.com/

Just so people know, that's how you change your profile pic on the site.
I agree. To be honest, I kind of like the whole "deconfirmed" meme Chrom has going on for him, unlike other characters like Mewtwo, Chrom is a hilarious character, even though he doesn't try to intentionally be one. He's exactly the kind of man who would get beat up by a F-Zero racer; he has been forced to wear overpriced swim trunks after all. So I'm sure most of us can appreciate that scene, regardless of how cruel it seemed. It shows to someone who never played FE that the series can be hilarious at some points.
The good guy chrom thing that's been going on is pretty dang funny too.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Some new info regarding chrom and gematsu, in particular.

Here’s the rundown:

1. Lucina was originally included as a Marth skin.
2. “A certain character” was cut during development. (Chrom? Who knows. It's not clarified.)
3. Sakurai didn’t want to reduce the total number of characters.
4. It wasn’t possible to make a brand new character on short notice.
5. Lucina was repurposed into her own character slot to fill the void.
This is a link to the thread by CAW evolution.

I think this for sure means that chrom was planned for the game but cut at some point. My theory is that it wasn't due to unoriginal moveset because lucina is his replacement, rather, His character gimmick was probably one that could not work on the 3ds, like a shepard summoning or a pair up system.
If the cut character was Chrom, Sakurai probably would have just mentioned it since he deconfirmed him. It might have been Snake because of licensing problems? Not sure. Nice bit of info, though.

Guys, I shared the movement with 2 Chrom facebook pages. Hopefully they'll share it and spread it. (I'm not sure if I should/could post the link to the fb page) I'll post on the wordpress page when I get the time probably later tonight.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
If the cut character was Chrom, Sakurai probably would have just mentioned it since he deconfirmed him. It might have been Snake because of licensing problems? Not sure. Nice bit of info, though.

Guys, I shared the movement with 2 Chrom facebook pages. Hopefully they'll share it and spread it. (I'm not sure if I should/could post the link to the fb page) I'll post on the wordpress page when I get the time probably later tonight.
Sweet! I too doubt chrom was cut, but we might never know at this point.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
Wow geeze an 8 hour driving class sure does take the day away.

Listen, anyone against Chrom or the movement, your opinion is much appreciated and incredibly relevant.
But please do not come in here and bash the idea or the fanbase supporting the idea, that is needlessly cruel and uncalled for.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
I think the hope is a later dlc release.
Both are valid concerns. The way I see it, this could be an answer to both.

A) With this, the five character thing may be jarring to some. However, that's the thing. With something like DLC, buying it is optional. And the resources are already seemingly there. It'd be a less complicated addition, so it'd be worth the time to get some extra money.

B) With the Final Smash, it'd only take a model swap. The very first trailer showed a pre-Alfonzo Toon Link Train. This is changed if Toon Link fights. Similarly, if Chrom is in a match, Robin's Final Smash is altered. One option could be Frederick as a replacement, only needing a galloping and stabbing animation, plus "Pick a God and Pray!" If Chrom's not in the match, the Final Smash can remain the same. After all, Chrom is close enough to Robin that appearing in his Final Smash isn't out of character, either.

All in all, optimism is what will keep us going. As long as we can provide solutions, no matter the likelihood, we'll help get our voice heard. :)
The more the merier, in that case

Hoping he will become a DLC for y'all!

•Col•

Smash Champion
I think it was Chrom. Why throw in that bit if everything else mentioned related to the Fire Emblem characters? It just kinda makes sense, you know?

If his data is on the disk, I'm a happy camper. If Chrom was cut, the Sal Leak could definitely just be outdated, and therefore DLC is still a thing. I think cut characters would be prime choices for it.
The 'cut character' thing was apparently a lie/mistranslation. So no.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69658405

http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...bin-captain-falcon-kirbys-lucina-mask.361393/

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Reginleif

Smash Ace
If Chrom is in DLC, wouldn't he just be another Marth clone? I mean Lucina took after her father, who apparently took after Marth too. You guys must really like his character in Awakening.

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
Actually, in game Chrom fights nothing like Marth, yet Lucina and Marth fight in the exact same manner.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Actually, in game Chrom fights nothing like Marth, yet Lucina and Marth fight in the exact same manner.
Does it matter to Sakurai? They have the same DNA. :awesome: And if character DLC actually happens, they'd probably be all clones.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
i dunno. clones are there because they don't have time, DLc is kinda the opposite of that.
they may get lazy and go that way, but they don't need to.
From a technical standpoint, I doubt they can implement character DLC. DLC isn't and shouldn't be an outlet for finishing what couldn't be finished by the deadline. They will probably have DLC for maps and easy things to implement, but characters require TONS of coding that MULTIPLIES that work as more characters are added, like Sakurai stated. And some people are expecting completely unique characters for DLC? They may have the time after release, but the amount of resources needed would outweigh the benefits.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Chrom is in DLC, wouldn't he just be another Marth clone? I mean Lucina took after her father, who apparently took after Marth too. You guys must really like his character in Awakening.
That's a common misconception.

Even if Chrom ended up a semi-clone hybrid of Marth and Ike, at least that's marginally more unique and diverse than Lucina who turned out to be an identical clone of Marth.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
That's a common misconception.

Even if Chrom ended up a semi-clone hybrid of Marth and Ike, at least that's marginally more unique and diverse than Lucina who turned out to be an identical clone of Marth.
Canonically, it's not. Lucina took after her father. And if you watch "Two Falchions" you'll discover that they fight basically the same. That is, if you even played Awakening. Expecting Chrom to fight differently than the very fighter he mentored that even shares his same DNA is grasping straws.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Does it matter to Sakurai? They have the same DNA. :awesome: .

:p

On a serious note, I don't see a problem with Chrom being different. After all, who said DLC had to be limited to clones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom