• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Who Preordered Smash Gamecube Controllers/Adapter from Amazon

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
I've seen messages going around for those who preordered the Smash Gamecube Controller and Adapter from Amazon that people (including myself) received emails that said estimated delivery for the items were Jan. 6th - Jan. 9th of 2016.

I contacted customer service, and they informed me that the reason the estimated delivery date was so far out was because, while the items said in-stock for Pre-order, they actually ran out, and so the estimated delivery date is a preliminary placeholder date that only convey a timeframe of when it could be shipped, obviously sooner than Jan. 2016, but definitely not within the first week of Nov. 21st, 2014.

Just a heads-up to anyone who received that estimated delivery date. I've since cancelled with Amazon, and have preordered with Best Buy.

MrBond

Smash Cadet
I got the same exact thing. I think I'll cancel mine so I can get a controller day one somewhere else.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Hmmmm, my estimated delivery is still 1-2 days for the Smash Gamecube Controllers and the Adapter so perhaps I got lucky. I mean, I did just pre-order it on Halloween and I am using the Canadian version of Amazon, although I doubt that makes a big difference. Sorry to hear some people will have to wait that long if they pre-order through Amazon. Might as well just cancel your order and purchase/pre-order them somewhere else. Glad to see they are selling out already. ^_^

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I canceled mine as soon as I heard I could just reserve with GameStop and get it at midnight separately from the game, but at the same time. I actually literally cannot wait on the adapter because of the party I'm throwing, and need it as soon as I get the game, and Amazon wasn't going to guarantee that for me.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm really glad that I'm getting mine at Gamestop, I can't believe that they actually ran out of them.

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
Just an update, I got another email from Amazon today saying that the expected delivery date has been moved back to the window of November 26- December 1, this being with Standard Shipping. If you have been considering cancelling your preorder, I would probably reconsider. Personally, I don't need the extra controller immediately, but I definitely want to have it for holiday get-togethers and whatnot so this is good news for me.

leonardo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Monster-Heel
3DS FC
1934-0745-2946
I have guaranteed delivery on November 21st bruhs

Top Bottom