• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone plan on Maining Wario?

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I have every intention of using Wario i'm a big Wario fan so nothing made me happier than seeing him in this game.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I plan on maining Wario. He looks like he has an interesting move set, and the confirmation of Overalls Wario further influenced my choice.

WarioGamer64

Smash Cadet
Wario will be my main. WarioGamers wario shall be legendary. His foward smash is a giant punch just like Mario and Luigi's foward smash in SSB 64! That looks to be fast and powerfull

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wont main him (Maining Olimar, Diddy and PT) But he will be one of my top for fun characters, because his playstyle looks interesting, and who doesnt love his FS?

I also look forward to facing off against great Wario players on Wifi. Are you prepared?

e319

Smash Apprentice
I won't main Wario but my brother will. We used to play as Bowser and Ganon (Me bowser he ganon) but now we shall be Bowser and Wario! (But i will play as Wario cause he looks hilarious to play, i just wont MAIN him.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
Hi guy, see look at my avatar, lol. I felt in love with this Wario character after I played WarioLand 3 for the GBC. I highly recommend all of you guys to at least look this game up. It was absolutely brilliant. WarioLand 4 for the GBA didn't even come close to WarioLand 3. See you guys online next month.

smashvillain18

Smash Cadet
Nice thread you have here. Wario is going to be a beast. Interesting FS, can't wait to unleash it's full power in brawl. Gonna enjoy fighting as him, as well all the characters in brawl. Who knows who's gonna show up. Hopefully, we can all find a place to trade wii codes. If you want to, please save me as a friend and leave me your wii code in a note. I'll reply with my code.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
i'm going to "main" him as well (:

assuming that means making him my main character

Marzy

Smash Cadet
I'm definetly thinking of maining him. I'm a bit of a Wario fan, so I'm really glad they stuck him in Brawl. It just depends on whether I can use him well, if not, I'll go back to maining Mario probably. :p

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Well, so it seems Jigglypuff is confirmed, so there's my automatic old-main. (That is, unless they **** poor Puff and nerf her Rest or something like that T.T) Wario will definitely be the first character I play with, because even if I don't main him, I want to be able to, if he doesn't make the cut, use him as a low-tier character :D

It's like Wario in Strikers Charged. Yeah, everyone knows he's not very good, but I still enjoy playing as him just for that LOL factor.

You know you like the oopma music.

Fat_K

Smash Cadet
Im going to main Wario but I also hope hes good enough were there will be wario pros. I would love to see a great wario vs mario pro match.

Kruton

Smash Ace
Yeah, I am going to definitely play Wario a lot when I have the starting characters. He could very well end up being my main alongside the DK's and Snake.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Problem with Wario is theres no much about him that stands out in gameplay way. It's not like Olimar or PT gimmicks or even that he is fast, has good range or is heavy and powerful.

All of Warios revealed techniques sound really gimmicky and it's hard to imagine them being useful (motorbike sounds like yoshi egg roll in function). I'm sure it's not and I just need to see it, but we'll see. If you choose to play him based on personality though, more power to you. He's quite awesome indeed.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
wario's mario costume looks sweet.
and he looks like he has jigglypuff's DI from melee.
not too much else shown on the brawlcentral vid.
he does his grab, grab attack, and upthrow.
but unfortunately he's covered with smoke, lol.
stupid AI.

Decaponch

Smash Rookie
The second I saw the front of wario's bike in the very first trailer, I knew I would be maining him

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
I plan on taking on Wario as my main, he looks very interesting to use and his waft can lead to some pretty potential c-c-c-c-c-combo breakers.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if I will main Wario. He sounds extremely fun, but I really have to wait for the game to come out. He, however, is definitely the first newcomer I'll play as. If I do end up maining him, I'll probably main him for his Jigglypuff-like air controls, the zany Wario Waft, his ridiculous second jump (seriously; has anyone noticed this?) and, of course, because he's not Mario. Ugh, I hate that guy.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
I was going to second main him, but now i plan on saving that spot for G&W

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
I actually think im gonna main him. He seems really fun to play as, and i've always loved Wario Ware games. He seems to be somewhat fast, and ive heard his air game is good ( I basically live off air game). But I dont know for sure, Diddy and Meta look pretty good too :laugh:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I actually think im gonna main him. He seems really fun to play as, and i've always loved Wario Ware games. He seems to be somewhat fast, and ive heard his air game is good ( I basically live off air game). But I dont know for sure, Diddy and Meta look pretty good too :laugh:
Did you ever play the Wario Land games? They're great, especially Wario Land 3.

Edit: *and* Virtual Boy Wario Land, but it didn't catch on cuz... ya know...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm going to try to main him. If I like what I play with (and I like what I see so far), I'll write the book on playing Wario.

Top Bottom