• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone mind commenting on their Amazon experience with me?

-FUZZ-

Smash Rookie
I preordered my copy of both versions from Amazon but was curious as to how good they are about releases and how soon they got to your door/if you even got it within release week? Would love to hear since I am really looking forward to a physical copy of this game. Thanks in advance :)

Raijinken

Smash Master
Amazon itself is rather reliable in my experience. However, if you just ordered ON Amazon and it's a different seller, your mileage may vary, but it's normally good to look at the seller reviews.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I've seen it come on the day of, the next day, or even a week or two later. I'd say within a week at most, but stopping at any store that sells it would be quicker.

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
If you ordered directly from Amazon or some official partner, then chances are you'll get it almost immediately.

Back when Nintendo games released on Sundays, I'd get games on Monday or Tuesday at the earliest. In one special occasion, I got it Saturday, which was weird.

Now that they release on Friday, you have a higher chance of getting on Friday, Saturday (if you get mail then) or just the following Monday/Tuesday.

Those would be my best bets.

Depends on the type of shipping you chose.

Amazon is one of the only places I've ordered games from and DIDN'T have problems. Yet.

Luigi160

Smash Cadet
I preordered Mario Golf World Tour from Amazon itself and got it day 1 despite using their free shipping option. Although I did get an email estimating the arrival to be a week after release.

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
I preordered Street Fighter IV with a release day guarantee and when it didn't show up by the day after, I called them. I think they refunded the shipping price or something trivial in response but it still didn't arrive for a few more days. It was within a week though so if that's your standard you don't have much to worry about.

Last edited:

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I've always had great experiences with Amazon outside of one incident. Other than that I approve of Amazon.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
If you have Prime (which I would recommend), there's a good chance it will come day of release. One day late, max. You almost always get your order early regardless.

I've had very good experience ordering through Amazon. If you're not going to download or pick it up at a local store, this is the way to go.

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I preordered GTA V like a month before it came out and it came on launch day as expected. I have also preordered from Amazon for Smash 3DS so let's hope their service holds up!

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
I am likely going to preorder through Amazon as well, since I have Amazon Prime it should get here on time.. but I was looking for other pre-order options, does anyone know of any that come with anything cool? Like for example, my old Pokemon Diamond on DS came with a Dialga stylus, and Pokemon Y came with a Level 50 Scizor download.

I was going to make a thread asking this but I guess I can't start a new thread yet.

SuperSah

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSah
3DS FC
4425-2273-6142
From Amazon UK, I always get my games on release date or the day before.

Usually on release date.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I am likely going to preorder through Amazon as well, since I have Amazon Prime it should get here on time.. but I was looking for other pre-order options, does anyone know of any that come with anything cool? Like for example, my old Pokemon Diamond on DS came with a Dialga stylus, and Pokemon Y came with a Level 50 Scizor download.

I was going to make a thread asking this but I guess I can't start a new thread yet.
K Mart was offering a large amount of store credit a while back, but I don't think there's anything else right now.

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman

Depends on where you are. In the US Best Buy was/is giving out commemorative coins.

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
Amazon has been very reliable and trust worthy for me. While I ordered Smash somewhere else, I did get the GCN adapter up for pre-order there, along with an Amiibo. One year ago, I lost my Brawl copy so I ordered a new copy and it came like five days later for me.

Top Bottom