• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else here been with Olimar from the start?

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Who here is a pikmin fan, like from the pikmin games? Personally, those games from were some of my favorites of all time. I was eccstatic when I saw that, somwhow, he'd been given a place in Brawl... I was sure I'd main as him even before I saw videos of him kicking butt...

After all, I think it's most important to play as a character you like more than a character other people say is tough. How about you guys? ;)

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
*sigh*

how many topics are we gonna get like this its getting irratating.
plz read other topic b4 posting plz it would cause un needed topics

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I hated them, I told my friend he was in Brawl, he convinced me to pull out Pikmin 1 again I played it, I loved it, I ordered Pikmin 2 online and I got it yesterday and it's awesome.

So sorta.

Me14k

Smash Lord
T's funny. When I started playing melee I decided that I wanted to play a low tier character---I chose peach then peach was given the 'high tier rating'.

I did the same with olimar before i started playing brawl...i think its gonna happen again :/.

So yes, i have been olimar since teh start

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
I never got into the Pikmin games until about the later half of last year. And other than Melee and Starfox (I know it's not that great, but I still love it), Pikmin is definitely one of my favorites.

JustinAC

Smash Cadet
As soon as I saw the update, I really wanted to play him becuase he seemed like a realy unique character and I love Pikmin... When I saw that he would actually have viability, I was even happier. I don't mind if other people want to play him just because he's good, and if people think I'm just siding with the majority, at least I know in my mind that I'm not and that's all that matters.

eHerbieInReverse

Smash Apprentice
Well, I know I've been with Olimar longer than a lot of people. I've wanted him as a secret character in Melee. And had a huge hunch he was going to be in Brawl from this interview with Sakurai saying that it was one of his most favorite franchises. So yeah, I've been with him way before he was announced, but rather right when I played Melee. :] Always loved him.

pesticide

Smash Lord
when i first saw that oli would be in brawl i planned to main him. ive kinda switched to maining diddy now though xD

oli will definitely be my secondary

kafke

Smash Apprentice
As soon as he was announced I was supporting him. I would've supported him sooner, but I don't do the *Insert Character Name Here* for brawl stuff.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
I've always liked Pikmin (the games) but I never had the chance to buy them. Mainly because I didn't work at the time but I sure as hell did know about the games and have been wanting to play them for quite awhile now. Unfortunately my money is still being spent elsewhere and thanks to SSBB (as awesome as this game is) the cost of the Pikmin games have risen up from their normally cheap state.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
I've always liked Pikmin (the games) but I never had the chance to buy them. Mainly because I didn't work at the time but I sure as hell did know about the games and have been wanting to play them for quite awhile now. Unfortunately my money is still being spent elsewhere and thanks to SSBB (as awesome as this game is) the cost of the Pikmin games have risen up from their normally cheap state.
Well, make sure to pick them up eventually! They are awesome, especially the second (but it depends on you, really).

Anyways, would you mind if I borrowed/stole that dancing Olimar thing in your sig? Everyone has it 'cept meh. :dizzy:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ive been with Olimar since the start.

That isnt going to change.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I loved Pikmin! I don't care how good Olimar is! I'll happily take him as a secondary. Because, he's cool!

Why he's not my main...because characters like Mario and G&W are cooler. =P

Frisky

Smash Rookie
hell yea, i had alot of fun playing the pikman games it's a totally different and unique experience. Who remembers walking around with 100's and 100's of pikman just beating up anything haha

olimar & pikman FTW!

kafke

Smash Apprentice
Well, make sure to pick them up eventually! They are awesome, especially the second (but it depends on you, really).

Anyways, would you mind if I borrowed/stole that dancing Olimar thing in your sig? Everyone has it 'cept meh. :dizzy:
Sure, I made it. Be sure to check the Olimar support thread, It has both versions of it.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
hell yea, i had alot of fun playing the pikman games it's a totally different and unique experience. Who remembers walking around with 100's and 100's of pikman just beating up anything haha

olimar & pikman FTW!
Sure! Once you had like 100 you could kill like anything, lol. My favorites were the purple ones, and in smash they might be my favorites AGAIN because they are the only ones who can knock off edge-gaurders. =P

Hey, here's hoping for Pikmin 3 soon, and with new pikmin colors! What I've seen of the "distant planet" level in smash makes me think the new pikmin game on Wii will be beautiful...

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I just started playing Pikmin again. I didn't remember playing it at first because it was so long ago (when I was in grade 9...) but now that I played again, I realized how much I loved him. The reason I didn't post in the support thread was because his inclusion was pretty obvious to me.

MasterKoga

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I've always been with olimar. He adds a great deal to the cast of brawl. I'm so glad he's in ^_^

UltimateLink

Smash Apprentice
I wanted olimar in brawl before any announcements. I always said to my friends,"Hey i bet you Olimar is going to be in brawl and that im going to use him and kick ***!" That and also the fact that before i moved from New Jersey to Pennsylvania, my friend would talk about the pikmin games all the time.

PikminFTW

Smash Rookie
Pre-Dojo Update: Wanted him in.
Post-Dojo Update: Decided to main him.
leaked Japanese Release: Disappointed at number of videos containing Olimar, worried.
Japanese Release: Worried Olimar might be bad in FFA.
Post Japanese Release: Decided to check out other characters, eventually put priority over Olimar since I was convinced he was bad in FFA, my main mode.
Pre-American Release: Watched Echo's videos then realized Olimar > all. Decided to main Olimar again, since I also realized disjointed hitboxes were good in FFA.

Hammydude

Smash Rookie
Honestly, does it even matter? Am I a poser because I didn't like Olimar right away? I mean, I'm not the type of person who makes a decision about a character without at least watching ONE video of game play. Who cares if you were there from the start? If it makes you happy, go for it, but I gave Oli a chance, and now I love him. I'm sure others are the same way. It shouldn't matter about the past...more about the now.

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
i was going crazy the morning i saw him on dojo, i remember betting my friend money he would be in it! Pikmin 2 was my favorite game for the cube, after smash

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
i was going crazy the morning i saw him on dojo, i remember betting my friend money he would be in it! Pikmin 2 was my favorite game for the cube, after smash
Same for me ;)

I played through the whole game without losing even 1 pikmin. The trick is using little groups of 20-25 purples all alone, those little game-breakers. xP

tral

Smash Cadet
As soon as I saw he was announced, I decided to main him. I loved the Pikmin games. It's actually a shame he may wind up being popular, I like winning with unpopular characters...

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
The first game I got on GC was Pikmin...the commercials were so cool that I had to get it. I beat it and when a second was announced I was excited. I waited a month after my birthday for the 2nd game to come out so I could get it and then beat it. Since the first E3 trailer I wanted Olimar in...I think that might qualify...XD Of, and I'm waiting for Pikmin 3 for Wii *crosses fingers*

David Mathis

Smash Cadet
ive been a huge pikmin fan ever since pikmin came out :)

i missed out on pikmin 2 though... but i beat the first one and loved it.

i main olimar, and he is kickasssss.

Top Bottom