• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else have a hard time WDing with Roy?

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I know this sounds silly...but does anyone have a problem with this? I can barely do it, even wave landing, and literally every other character I can do it with (sorta) and I'm afraid to drop Roy. Roy's my boy after all.

SpankyOleary

Smash Rookie
I don't have a problem at all. That's weird :\ I've just been learning to wavedash but I can do it with Roy, Falco and Diddy interchangeably without any additional difficulty with Roy.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I don't have a problem at all. That's weird :\ I've just been learning to wavedash but I can do it with Roy, Falco and Diddy interchangeably without any additional difficulty with Roy.
Yeah but I mean, like it feels off in general, I'm kind of new to the entirety of wave dashing, but for some reason Roy gives me the hardest time--I just hope I'm doing something wrong, instead of poor reflexes..
Gah, I feel so whiny.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
You gotta learn the timing, Roy is as smooth as butter lol
Well... Here's hoping I adjust to the timing soon, even though truth be told I've been considering dropping Roy as my main, mostly because he seems so low in PM, and I don't know why but I feel like his recovery is inadequate now since he drops so fast. I'm thinking of Wolf to be honest, I used him a lot in Brawl, and quite a bit [not nearly as much in PM] in Project M, but I definitely feel like I know the character.

Blade-Fox

Smash Apprentice
I'd suggest going back to basics. Full hop and then directional air dodge and slowly lowering the jump and decreasing the time between your input of the jump and the air dodge.

Someone also posted the jump speeds of all the characters. I'd find Roy and those you can already wavedash with and compare them. That should help you narrow down the timing.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I think he has a 3 frame jumpstart, which should be the same as Falco and Wolf.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
This is why we should be using light press air dodge
except that doesn't help anything
in fact it would make WD OoS harder because you'd have to fully release the shoulder button after shielding then press it again, instead of just going from light press to full press to go from shield to airdodge like you currently do in the full set

Top Bottom