• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else gone Back to Brawl since 3DS Release?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So guys just curious has anyone else gone back to Brawl since release of the 3DS version I don't now why but I find myself going back quite often either for events or just playing as my mains:popo::lucas::wolf: (hoping for their valiant return in Wii U) Maybe it's also the controls I don't really know but I can't be the only one.. Right ?

AlexAnthonyD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anthony
3DS FC
1521-5082-7099
Not many people will go for old version + tripping vs new version and no tripping. Once Wii U version comes out brawl is as good as dead.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Least you didnt say Melee lol.
People who are steadfast on Melee just love abusing mechanics. I admit i miss the speed but the game had way way too many buggy mechanics that were abusable (wavedashing...) and made it annoying.

However Brawl had one mechanic that made me dislike it. Tripping. Never ever ever going back purely because of TRIPPING

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
As much as I enjoyed Brawl, Smash Bros. 3DS is SO much more refined that going back to the tripping and slower pace of the game would be difficult. Not to mention I wouldn't be able to play as my three favourite new characters, Robin, Lucina and Shulk! :surprised:

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
I played some Brawl with a friend and the Gamecube controller felt so weird compared to 3DS. Brawl doesn't seem nearly as fun when compared to 3DS, and the only reason I played was to brush up on old characters who didn't return. :lucas: <-- You are missed my dear friend. :;(

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Warning Received
Ha, I needed a good laugh. Oh, wait, you were serious . . . my bad.

In all seriousness though, hell no. I would rather play project m over Brawl any day.

dansal

Smash Apprentice
Its impossible to remove tripping or somehow "modify" brawl, it can't be done. Also lucas, wolf and snake were poorly designed characters that nobody liked. Brawl is dead. Long live Brawl.

Senario

Smash Ace
I went back to brawl. Opened up the stage creator and held onto my seat to contain the hype for PM lol.

Also went back to melee. So fun. Never gets old.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I haven't gone back YET, but I will when the time comes. I go back to all the Smash games eventually (except 64, don't have it), even after a new one releases. Usually, it's to play the characters I loved who didn't get to return in the later games. And unlike some people, I actually didn't mind the tripping mechanic that much. On top of that, I miss the swimming mechanic from Brawl. So yeah, I'm going back to it eventually.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I mained Lucas but no, haven't thought about it. I like the roster in this game too much to go back.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Its impossible to remove tripping or somehow "modify" brawl, it can't be done. Also lucas, wolf and snake were poorly designed characters that nobody liked. Brawl is dead. Long live Brawl.
Troll post is troll?

Wolf, Lucas, and Snake are the MOST missed characters, i used Wolf all the time.
Ever heard of Brawl+, Balanced Brawl, or Project M? First thing they did when they modded Brawl was remove tripping.

Brawl is dead though i'll give ya that lol

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I still don't own have my 3DS and even then I'm not going back to Brawl.

Thing is, after Brawl broke my Wii's disc lens for a second time, I learned my lesson. I'm not inserting that disc inside my Wii system again ever.
Which sadly includes Project M, although that seems to take considerably less of a toll on the console.

Once I have 3DS/Wii U version, I won't even remember Brawl.

Hope I can go back to Project M though. I do miss:squirtle::ivysaur::pt::wolf::roypm::mewtwopm:

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
I've told myself to play Brawl once a month so I can play as :wolf: and :ivysaur: again, in hopes that if they return as DLC, I don't get rusty with them.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I can only play on a friend's computer since my Wii is broken. Coincidentally, I tried to convince him to play Brawl today, but he was completely against it.

dansal

Smash Apprentice
Troll post is troll?

Wolf, Lucas, and Snake are the MOST missed characters, i used Wolf all the time.
Ever heard of Brawl+, Balanced Brawl, or Project M? First thing they did when they modded Brawl was remove tripping.

Brawl is dead though i'll give ya that lol
Don't feed the trolls.

I'm glad that PM exists; players can continue to play their favorite characters and its interesting to see how the development team's balancing efforts evolve over time. At this point though I don't see a reason for anyone to continue playing vanilla brawl.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I hadn't touched Brawl in a long time, and I only plan to if I want to mess around with the textures and whatnot

Spirst

Nope, and don't plan to, Been playing Smash 3DS nearly every day and probably will continue to do so until I get a little tired of it around late November. However, at that point, Smash Wii U is released and well, adios to Brawl for even longer.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Brawl is dead to me. If anything, I'll play Project M with my friend cross-country (since he doesn't have a 3DS yet), but even that is rare now.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I haven't played Brawl ever since the wifi shut down.

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
Yep, every Saturday for 6 hours to play with my friends that don't have Sm4sh. I also like the Brawl version of DK better.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Even being a Wolf main, I don't see myself ever going back to brawl. I love me some Smash 4 :4shulk:

Top Bottom