• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Can Help Please?

GlishTheUmbreon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Glish387
I'm currently having an issue. I have about 6 replays in smash 4 which are over the 3 upload limit, but contain some funny KO's that I want to use to string together a video. I don't have a capture card and haven't found a way to get my Wii U to display on my laptop. I know it's a bit out of the ordinary, but is there any chance that someone would be nice enough to let me send them my replays so they can convert it to video format and send me the video file so I can edit it and such? Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
At this point I am not aware of a convert to video tool outside of the lousy 3 minute limitation one on the Wii U. (Seriously devs... if you aren't going to do it right don't release it till you do!!!)

As you probably know the Wii U replays are not video files... it loads the character models, stage layout, animations, etc and tells them when to go off where. (hence why the patches break the old ones because they react differently than they did when the replay was taken).

At this point... without a capture card the only way I am aware of is to point a cammera at the screen... which isn't great quality... but works.

Though if some smart person could create a replay to video converter for PC (assuming replays can be saved on SD Cards... can they?) that would be amazing... but a lot more work than I could ever do... and even more work when an alleged balance patch hits.

GlishTheUmbreon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Glish387
Yeah I'm trying to pull them before the next patch. I don't know if replays can saved to an SD card or USB drive, though there isn't any specific data folder on the Wii U itself under Smash 4 labeled replays. Only "shared data" and each account's data. I've tried really really hard to get the replays off the Wii U, but without a capture card and no HD monitor to display my Wii U on, I am stuck. Hence I have resorted to asking for help on teh interwebz XD
Thank you for the reply though, at least my thread is findable.

Top Bottom