• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone besides me thinking of mainng PT

Gary

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda torn between him and Olimar. If Olimar isn't made right and is extremely hard to play, then I'll try maining PT. Or both.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'll be thirding him. Olimar first, Diddy 2nd. I dont care if Olimar is hard to master, I'm maining him first, dammit.

But PT does look like an amazing character, and I wouldnt be a true Pokemon fan if I didnt at least TRY to master him. Plus, hes got first-gens, and the best first gens. That rocks.

O Rly?

Smash Cadet
I'm going to need to see how he works out, to be honest. I won't make the final decision until I've played EVERYBODY - some people just feel more natural to me than others (heck, I still enjoy playing Yoshi and Ness in Melee due to the natural feel of DJC'ing)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ill be joint maining him (mostly Squirtle, but Ill get used to all 3 at some point) and Olimar.

I'm a Pokemon fanboy, even today, but the first gen games remain my favorites, as well as the first gen Pokemon (specifically, the exact 3 they gave him. )

This character and Olimar being in are the things that make me want Brawl NOW. Its the originality, and the new and fun style. 3 characters in one? Can Mario do that? Nope.

My first match will be played as PT, and Ill probably end up playing 100 matches with him before I do anything else.

One thing that I wonder, is how does Ivysaur play? I think being 4 legged at all times might be a little strange. How does he grab edges? I hear the only thing the vines are used for are tether recoveries and attacking, so how does he grab the edge when he doesnt need to tether? with his front legs?

Also, I heard Ivysaur picks up items and swings them with his legs...Im interested to see that in action, were there ANY videos taken from Whobby? I really hope so..

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I mained Mewtwo and Jigglypuff in Melee. Only Reason I didn't main Pikachu was because I kept killing myself with Quick Attack. Pichu..is.. yeah.
I plan to main any Pokémon characters in Brawl. Or at least try. But PT I really want to main. Charizard was my favorite Pokémon for a long time and still remains one of my favorites. Squirtle is cool, and Ivysaur is neat as well. I'm gonna spend most of my time with Charizard though. Only switching if I have to. So yeah Pokémon Trainer along with Fox, Link and Mewtwo and Jigglypuff will be my mains...assuming the last two return.

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna either main him or second him; depends how Meta Knight plays. I find PT MUCH more interesting at this point, though.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
My sig tells everything XD

But yeah, I can't wait to use PT. Of course...it might change depending on secret characters

Rabid_Jigglypuff

Smash Cadet
yes, I am indeed going to main PT. I absolutely love Poke'mon, and it was a touch of godly insight for Sakurai to create this guy. He's simply the most original character EVAR.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
:grin: PKMN Trainer looks awesome, and I had to create an account just to say it :laugh:

Im glad the characters in brawl are very inovative now ( PKMN trainer , Olimar,etc)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hmm... I still think Ill main him along with Olimar..but now Lucario is confirmed...gr...decisions decisions.

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
as soon as PT was announced i wanted to main him. and after seeing all these recent vids of the japanese demos, it just makes me want to main him more! :]

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
The idea of PT has been very interseting and I remember when everyone was just shooting down the idea, myself included ( That was a slightly different idea from the current PT if I remember ). As time has passed and more info has been revealed as we grow closer to the release of brawl, he has only grown in my eyes. Orignially, Pit was high on my list but he has dropped on my list.

Brawl has so many characters that I love so much and can't wait to play and PT has been moving up this list. (Recent videos have only helped this) My current main list is as follows.

Mains ( Equally high on my list )
Meta Knight
Lucario
Kirby

Secondarys ( In order )
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic

-DemowiI-

Smash Rookie
Yes

The complete originality, the usage of three different characters, and the pleasure of taking control over the starting first generation of pokemon once again. Yep I'm talking about Pokemon Trainer. Forgive me if I sounded strange back there but Pokemon Trainer is honestly my favorite character that's been announced so far. I will definetly be trying him out first and if he handles well I can see myself maining him. If anybody else is thinking of maining him too I wanna know. Even if you're not certain yet let's hear you if he's going to be one of the first characters you try out.

sorry if there's another one of these out there I did search for it before i started
pokemon trainer will definately be one of my favourites, alog with ike and sonic i seriously cant wait till it comes out in EUROPE (:mad: ITS TAKING A LIFETIME!)

ngtm

Smash Cadet
yes, period. no doubt about it. After playing as him im in love with the utter versatility...he is the epitome of multifaceted.

Shin_Gale

Smash Rookie
I used to main Jiggs in Melee, but considering that she's been completely and totally screwed in Brawl, I'm thinking I'm going Pokemon Trainer.

After one day of playing, I'm convinced trainer is a formidable player. I enjoyed the versatility of having three playing styles in one character. One tactic I used was to start off with Ivysaur until my damage went over 50-60%, then switch over to the heavier Charizard. Charizard is great. He's not only powerful, but he has three jumps to get back, along with a great up-B. His f-air has great priority, too, I think.

The down-B for all pokemon switches them out, and it works good as a dodge for projectiles and slow moves, but there's still plenty of bit of lag after the new pokemon comes out, but it's not much.

Top Bottom