• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anybody else find Link to be slower in Brawl

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
My 2nd Main in Melee is Link, but now i find him to be way slower...just for some reason i find links attacks to be slower than they used to, for example, his Fsmash, anybody else notice this?

And BTW, Link will always be a badass, no matter what! :bee:

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Link was the slowest runner in Melee. He is now the fastest (or 2nd, maybe) faller in the game with decent run speed. 2 aerials have next to 0 landing lag. His smashes are by no means slow and they are strong.

So... no ;)

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
??? I don't care what you say I guarantee you Link is going to be moving like this in Brawl: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ld4jb9Z9OYA
Of course he's never going to move like that. We're talking about speed in terms of relativity. You can't even really combo in Brawl. If you're going to compare game to game it'd be as useful as talking about the speed differences of Ryu in 3S compared to MvC2.

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
ok, now seriously

put brawl in your wii

play brawl link

take brawl out of your wii

put in melee

play melee link

compare speed

i agree the game has slowed down in GENERAL but if you specifically feel link he has sped up!
and i'm not talking relative to the game being slowed down.

i'm saying if you put two TVs together and compare, you will see that brawl link runs and attacks quicker. The aerial movement will obviously be quicker in melee.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
I think Link is slower but he may be actually faster. If you control Toon link for a while and switch to link. You feel the slowness pretty badly.

degreekelvin

Smash Rookie
I'll admit that when I first picked up Link in Brawl I also felt that he was a bit slower.

Now that I've played him much more I think he's about the same as melee, maybe even faster. I think what gives him the appearance of being slow is his running animation. It might just be me, but he just looks sluggish when he runs.

Just my opinion.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Also, another thing that may give you the impression that he's slower (because his attacks for the most part aren't) is that his projectiles come out much slower. His boomerang takes longer to pull out as well as the bomb.

Awesomeasusual

Smash Cadet
I agree with you, he feels much slower. However, this is only because his jump doesn't go very high at all, so he feels heavy.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Link feels like he's fat in brawl. So does Ganon. Though everybody says Link is faster, he really doesn't feel like it. I could at least keep up with my opponents with Link in melee, but I can barely chase after anyone with Link in brawl. His aerial movement speed is also very slow.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Really, he's not. His tilts are al faster (yes they are. especially the utilt), the fsmash can be strung at least as quickly as in Melee, his fair is clearly faster in attack speed seeing as how there's a good chance both hits will actually connect (and it has a smudge less start-up lag), and his running speed even has a faster animation in addition to the increased speed (it's not a very big increase, but it's noticeable nonetheless). Hell, even his arrows and boomerang fly faster (his fully-charged arrow is one of the fastest-flying projectiles in the game in fact). It's just that speed in general isn't as big a factor in Brawl as it was in Melee (that's Brawl 101, sure, but it can't be stressed enough) but fundamentally, Link's speed has gone from sluggish to only slightly below average.

Top Bottom