• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Villager mains going to SmashCon?

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
I'm seriously considering going to Virginia this August for smashcon. Gonna make my final decision next month when more info is released. I thought it would be cool to meet up with fellow villager mains and trade tips or spar.

You in??

PigglyJuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mr.Hugz
3DS FC
2793-1251-1909
I wish I could go to smashcon

But.... I don't have the money.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Planning on it, likely going to beg for money. Possibly moving down there for school, so maybe I can plead for birthday passes, since it's the day before the con starts.

I want to go so bad, from Illinois btw.

cree318

Smash Cadet
NNID
cree318
3DS FC
0301-9783-2199
Hopefully I can make it (having a new job might make things a bit tricky though). I live in VA and probably 15~25 min drive away from where the con is being held!

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully we can all make it! I'm coming from Hawaii so it'll definitely cost me a pretty penny to come down.

@ cree318 cree318 do you know of any hotels or places to stay around the area? I dont know anything about Virginia

cree318

Smash Cadet
NNID
cree318
3DS FC
0301-9783-2199
Hopefully we can all make it! I'm coming from Hawaii so it'll definitely cost me a pretty penny to come down.

@ cree318 cree318 do you know of any hotels or places to stay around the area? I dont know anything about Virginia
By me there's a few small hotels, cheapest being a Comfort Inn. But you'll find more as you move closer to Dulles Airport. From there it's only a 10 min drive to the expo center.

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
By me there's a few small hotels, cheapest being a Comfort Inn. But you'll find more as you move closer to Dulles Airport. From there it's only a 10 min drive to the expo center.
Thanks @ cree318 cree318 , useful Information. Is there anything else I should know about the area? I'm probably going with a small group of friends and I haven't traveled in ages.

cree318

Smash Cadet
NNID
cree318
3DS FC
0301-9783-2199
Thanks @ cree318 cree318 , useful Information. Is there anything else I should know about the area? I'm probably going with a small group of friends and I haven't traveled in ages.
I actually just moved to VA in mid-January so I'm still finding out what's near me. You may want to bring some change cause I think the main road leading to the convention center is a toll road ($1 for on and off ramps and $2.50 at main toll plaza). The downtown Reston area has some great restaurants ranging from small burger joints to sushi places. Also, if for some reason you can't find a hotel close to the con, you could always try staying somewhere near a VA/MD/DC Metro station. The last stop on the silver line is in Reston and that's only a 15 min drive to the con.

Hope this helps and if you or anyone else has any questions don't hesitate to ask me.

Top Bottom