• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any tips for marth

tbird99

Smash Apprentice
I just started learning advanced techs and I really want to main marth. Any advice on using him and what to practice?

deadPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Read this:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_6o5NHvI9P8-qHp2M8w1gDzL_-JNonEE81Mh4ulY1PY/edit

Then practice tech until you can do it without thinking about it.

Also, there's a whole board for Marth questions, so use that next time.
Shoutouts to SleepyK and his awesome guide :D

Watching pros play Marth at a high level will give you an idea of what he can do. I would watch some M2K, PPMD, PewPewU, etc. videos on Youtube and take notes on things that you notice are effective in certain situations if you can. That really helped me when I switched to Puff.

As the others said though, the peeps on the Marth board will take care of you.

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, after M2K showed up pretty much every Marth main started stealing pages out of his book in regards to edge-guarding. Ledgehop diar is pretty much staple tech now if you want to main Marth.

D

Deleted member

Yeh tip the F-Air and the F-Smash as much as possible ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
Practice your movement. The way you want to play Marth is equal amounts of defence and aggression. So smart use of dash dancing and wavedashing in order to stay safe but also ready to attack at any moment. Don't play cowardly. The moment you go completely defensive, the easier it's going to be for a player to charge at you with a kill combo. You want your opponent to fear you, so keep them on their toes and when you do get a hit, make the most of it.

When you're not practicing, watch videos on the top Marth players, analysis what they're doing and use that knowledge in your playstyle. Mew2king is a good Marth to watch in order to understand his fundamentals, specifically his edgeguarding and general combo game. PPU will teach you the optimal ways you can move and when to attack. And PPMD will put his own spin on all that stuff while also employing mind games to exploit his opponents weaknesses.

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
Marth's sword is one of his most amazing tools. Just like Falco's lasers it allows him to retreat from center stage without actually giving up much stage control. In addition on stages like BF and YS he can use the sword to control vast swaths of space, boxing the opponent out of around 20-25% of the stage at times depending on where he's standing. Tilts can be used beneath the platforms to cover them and makes retreating to plats very unsafe for your opponent.

Top Bottom