• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any musicians?

JoeTango

It Takes Two
Just curious how many of you are musicians! What instrument do you play? What type of music are you in to? Favorite band? Etc. Etc.

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
I play electric guitar. I'm into rap but I kinda like rock not as much as rap though. Favorite band would be Goo Goo Dolls it used to be Black Veil Brides but then I grew up XD. I love to play insane solos it's really fun to me.

I played trumpet for 2 years in elementary school and I own 3 guitars that I almost never play.

Does that count?

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
I play tenor saxophone in my high school jazz band, I always have a blast playing it! I also play piano and drums. I mostly listen to jazz and electronic music.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Gee, I wonder what I play? lol

Well, I've played the bassoon for eight and a half years now. Before that I went through a couple instruments, trumpet and clarinet. I started the trumpet just about fifteen years ago, so I've been playing altogether for fifteen years. I'm beginning to feel old. o.O I also love the tenor saxophone and oboe. I own both but haven't had the chance to really learn either. =(

My favorite genre to play is Classical (not the general term, the more specific time period genre that refers to Haydn, Mozart, and early Beethoven). Right now I play in a community orchestra which only meets once a week. I suppose it's great that I'm keeping up my music, but I feel like I need more on top of that.

holymario

Smash Apprentice
Well I am not a musician but my brother is. He plays Piano for about 3 years now and most of the time he plays Game soundtracks or anime openings/endings. But he plays some other music genres too like pop or classic.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I recently just started getting back into making music ^^ Especially with my guitar. Ive been playing for around 8years but I also play piano and tinker with some electronic stuff as well, i used to play drums but sold them after a year:/ -^^- One day i might try a Viola or cello.

I like all music, its fun to be open minded in that aspect Because you never know what you'll come to like! Its hard to say which band or group i like most, but if there was one band i'll love forever no matter is my man, Jimi Hendrix. ^^

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
I play electric guitar and ukulele. It's so hard to choose a favorite band, but I'd probably have to go with Pink Floyd.

Gutei

Smash Cadet
Sax major in college, mainly tenor but also alto and bari. Sing a lot and do pop/rock/folk as well as musicals and "classical." Play piano, guitar, violin, and most percussion decently. Learning/can play at MS/eh-HS level trumpet, flute, clarinet, oboe, tbone, tuba.

I also compose/arrange stuff for fun, though no one ever plays it.

EDIT: Oops. Also, I'm into everything, so my "favorite" changes from week to week. I do, however, have this healthy obsession with Sufjan Stevens, Michael Jackson, and most jazz artists.

Last edited:

JoeTango

It Takes Two
Sax major in college, mainly tenor but also alto and bari. Sing a lot and do pop/rock/folk as well as musicals and "classical." Play piano, guitar, violin, and most percussion decently. Learning/can play at MS/eh-HS level trumpet, flute, clarinet, oboe, tbone, tuba.

I also compose/arrange stuff for fun, though no one ever plays it.

EDIT: Oops. Also, I'm into everything, so my "favorite" changes from week to week. I do, however, have this healthy obsession with Sufjan Stevens, Michael Jackson, and most jazz artists.
I love the new Sufjan Stevens album! A friend told me that some of his songs he records with his iPhone in a hotel room but idk if thats 100% true. I'm also a big fan folk and rock

Gutei

Smash Cadet
I love the new Sufjan Stevens album! A friend told me that some of his songs he records with his iPhone in a hotel room but idk if thats 100% true. I'm also a big fan folk and rock
The new album was touch and go, for me, since I'm a big fan of Illinoise and some of the "weirder" stuff he's done (like The Planetarium cycles and Sisyphus), but overall I was enraptured with his handling of his mother's life and death. He's such a good narrator through his music.

Also, I don't know if he'd record his music on his phone, but wouldn't be surprised if he used electronic apps and such to add to his music - synths, pianos, samples, and the like. Some of his stuff was pretty electronic.

whoknowswhat

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1864-9884-2286
I've been playing piano, guitar, trumpet, trombone, sax, violin, and flute for about 19 years. Obviously, not all at one time. I also do producing.

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
I play trumpet and piano. Also played guitar for a short time. I am a big fan of Nirvana and Pearl Jam.
Same here, except I don't know who Nirvana and Pearl Jam are though. I listen to evrything from Sleeping with Sirens to Bobby shmurda, to Jazz and then other things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I play the drums and I am in a band. Our band name is Pure Atoma, and we perform in various places around Orange County (the one between Los Angeles and San Diego counties). We don't get paid for gigs often, but we have played at some pretty nice places, and I would argue that we are pretty successful for a youth band (14-17 years old). We kinda play everything from reggae to pop to rock to country to classics to whatever else, but my favorite genre to play is alternative rock.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing piano for about a decade now. I used to take lessons and play songs from books and whatnot, but nowadays I just play for fun. I usually play music from games and movies because that's what I'm mostly interested in.

As far as music I like goes, anything that sounds good I'll be okay with. I usually listen to game and movie soundtracks or fan-made songs/remixes that I find, or anything with a good rhythm.:4shulk:

Last edited:

Head Of Nixon

Smash Rookie
I play 7 different instruments. Going from oldest to newest I play alto sax, bari sax, flute, soprano sax, bass, clarinet, and kalimba. I was in band all throughout high school, and then wasn't nearly good enough to get into a band in college. I mainly play jazz, but I listen to everything but country.

jdubYOU

Smash Cadet
Guitar, mainly. I am also somewhat of a singer/songwriter. Also, a bit of mandolin and ukulele. I can play bass too but only just based off guitar chords (nothing fancy like jazz bass). I played clarinet in school. Can play a little drums (would like to be better at this actually).

Last edited:
Top Bottom