• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Love for the Classic Controller?

Facading

Smash Apprentice
I picked up one the day Brawl came out and have used it ever since but most people give me weird looks when I use it and I know virtually no one who even owns one

Wenz

Smash Cadet
Are you talking about the white normal Classic Controller? 'cause I use the Classic Controller Pro because it feels more natural for Project M to me, while the GameCube controller feels more natural when I play Melee. Also because I'm a Lucas main on P:M, it's easy to double jump cancel his side special without having to use custom controls with the way the buttons are organized and I think wavedashing might be easier to execute on Classic Controller Pro.

Facading

Smash Apprentice
Are you talking about the white normal Classic Controller? 'cause I use the Classic Controller Pro because it feels more natural for Project M to me, while the GameCube controller feels more natural when I play Melee. Also because I'm a Lucas main on P:M, it's easy to double jump cancel his side special without having to use custom controls with the way the buttons are organized and I think wavedashing might be easier to execute on Classic Controller Pro.
How do you like the classic pro? I use the regular, but theyre both so cheap ill probably pick up a pro off amazon. I feel like wavadashing and technical stuff is easier to do on the classic mainly because the buttons are more compact. The wii u pro controller looks similar so I might have to try it out but the c-stick is in such an awkward spot it probably wont work well for smash

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
I've been using CCP for a little over a year now. I love the shoulder buttons without any travel time, not to mention having a fourth one I can remap. And having a real d-pad means I can treat it as one controller I use for everything rather than just a dedicated "Smash controller".

Original CC though, yuck. That thing was a total mess. No grips, weird shoulder buttons, sticks too close together.

I just wish someone would come out with an adapter that'd let me plug it into a GC port, because goddamn am I sick of dealing with batteries and syncing.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Goddamn GC controller plebs

CC Pro is ****ing trash for PM, no analog triggers, dont get it

The OG CC is smash master race controller, everything else is garbage

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
I like the Hori Battle Pad controller. It's basically identical to GC controller, but the L/R are buttons instead of triggers. I'd use the GC controller I have, but I only have a Wii U and therefore can't use it for PM...

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
You don't really need analog triggers for PM though. Since light shields don't exist, the only purpose light presses serve is to not airdodge or tech, and I've never found that to be a big deal.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
You don't really need analog triggers for PM though. Since light shields don't exist, the only purpose light presses serve is to not airdodge or tech, and I've never found that to be a big deal.
Until you miss a tech and cant tech for 60 frames because you only have hard press

Gg

Edit: You can light press air dodge. Pretty sure spidermad talks about how people should do it all the time

Last edited:

Facading

Smash Apprentice
I ordered the classic controller pro recently just to try it out and it's MUCH stiffer than the regular. The jump buttons are really sticky which makes it really annoying to input short hops or it'll misread altogether. If I used it solely for cc games it'd be alright but I don't recommend it for pm/brawl

Top Bottom