• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Information on Super Smash Bros. 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IGN Forums

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is a perfect game but, i want to know if there is any info. on another Super Smash Bros. game! It might be to early but if there is it will be announced at E308! I Hope...

IGN Forums

Smash Journeyman
i hope Brawl is not the last game since the phrase: The Brawl To End Them All" really made me mad!

IGN Forums

Smash Journeyman
your right! But... Smash 64 came out in 1999, and Melee was planned right after and release in 2001!

Zinger314

Smash Cadet
your right! But... Smash 64 came out in 1999, and Melee was planned right after and release in 2001!
The Gamecube required significantly, significantly less development time than modern game systems do.

Case in point: GC disks are 1.5GB, Brawl is 5.0 GB.

The next generation of consoles will probably use disks with four times the capacity of Wii disks anyways.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
yup which is 2-3 years from now! The Wii is retiring soon!
Uhhh might be longer than that.

Whats the point of this thread exactly? You know we cant tel you anything...

Scion

Smash Cadet
I've heard SSB4 will contain only two characters and one stage. And the only battle mode is a 3 stock game.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I heard that Megaman was going to be in SSB4, but before he was put in, the developers stopped doing crack. :laugh: Sorry, but...after Toon Link, I refuse to believe that Megaman can be unique. I believed with Toon Link, and I was pissed to find out otherwise.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I heard that Megaman was going to be in SSB4, but before he was put in, the developers stopped doing crack. :laugh: Sorry, but...after Toon Link, I refuse to believe that Megaman can be unique. I believed with Toon Link, and I was pissed to find out otherwise.
/sigh

Just because a character uses the same moves at base does not mean the character is a complete clone. The pacing of Link v Toon Link is completely different, as is the hitbox for your moves.

I have to agree, though, if what i said above is what you meant. Megaman is likely to be much like Samus - Unless they decided to let you transform to other 'Megaman' types.

Why even discuss this, though? The Wii is not going to be gone anytime soon, and I'd rather see good online than another Smash game.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
The only definitive thing I think there is about Smash 4 is in that IGN Sakurai interview... where he said he wasn't bored of the series and still had more ideas.

So pretty much, there will be a fourth Smash and (at least at the moment) Sakurai is interested in doing it.

Imp

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be pretty cool if they made a version of brawl that included L-Canceling and Wavedashing. That way you could please both fan groups, although it would be rather defeating to do that.

Wouldn't have to call it SSB4, just an updated Melee.

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
You're seriously asking this? Is he seriously asking this?

We just got Smash 3, dude. Slow down and enjoy it.

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
Why don't you guys just ****ing play Brawl instead of talking about the next ****ing smash game.

It's idiotic to talk about another smash game when Brawl hasn't even been out for a month now.

Firesoul1

Smash Apprentice
SSB4 might be in development in the next 2 to 3 or even 4 years.
Its ridiculous to think that SSB4 is already in the works.

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
You're kidding right? Asking if there any info on the sequel of a game that's been out a little over a month, I mean.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
I'll be directing it. As long as enough people sign my petition. But only like...3 people have...

...sad thing is, I'm the only one who sounds like I'm on drugs but being serious...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
No smash 4 topics.

For gods sake, the game's only just been released in the US. There's not going to be another one for quite a while, jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom