• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any good Falco tips

GAMb1No

Smash Rookie
Ive been playing smash for a long time, and have been a Pikachu main until I recently switched over to Falco and I am wondering if there are any tips for a somewhat new Falco main

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
There is so much about Falco that you need to learn, that you'd have to ask specific questions, but a few general tips include, make sure to laser when you can, lasers are arguably the best projectile in the game, use them when they're safe. You have great approaches and combos, try to use them to the best of your ability. A good thing to do when looking for tips, is just looking through the Falco boards and checking the threads.

koKoRoro

Smash Cadet
Yeah, like Sai said, just look through the boards, check threads and guides, and you could even hop onto YouTube and look up some guides, SSBM Tutorials has some good ones

KestrelSD

Smash Rookie
Although this is a really general question, I will try to give specific feedback.
As falco, it is incredibly important to win neutral before trying to combo. If you continually try to go in with laser dair, you will get WD back -> grabed over and over and over again. You have to first begin to apply pressure by putting them in shield and faking approaches to see what they do, then punish whatever option they pick with grab, shine, or aerials to begin your combos. Even though this character takes a lot of tech skill, it is important to be thinking about your opponent instead of your fingers.

koKoRoro

Smash Cadet
Going off of what Kestrel said, you can dash up and shield stop some of the time, or actually run in and go for a grab or something the other half of the time. Mix it up so your opponent doesn't know what's coming. Constant laser pressure to force them into shield. I believe PC Chris has a couple sets against Ken where he does this, I don't know if the vids are on youtube or not

Top Bottom