• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any famous gamers gonna play 3DS exclusively?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Hey guys, as you know, Smash 4 is gonna be split into a 3DS and Wii U game. So I was wondering if anyone knows if people like Azen, M2K, or Hylian (these are the ones that come to mind) will play Smash 4 ONLY on the 3DS. I know it is unlikely, but I just wanted to know if you know anyone that will. Cause if not, that could make other people the top players and that would be hard to tell the difference, unless the 3DS would be a controller on the Wii U and they could fight seeing who is better (assuming both will have the same game mechanics).

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, it's been confirmed that there will be no cross platform play, meaning no usin the 3DS as a controller on the Wii U. That said, knowing people, like Mew2King, they'll probably play both, but that's just my guess. It does make me wonder how they're goin to stream 3DS tournaments now that I think about it.

no_you

Smash Rookie
They would probably stream it the same way Playstation All stars are streamed on twitch, where you have 3 players, one being the host, the other two being the competitors. The host just offs himself really quickly, and the competitors fight. The idea is that the camera is focused on the host's screen.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Well, it's been confirmed that there will be no cross platform play, meaning no usin the 3DS as a controller on the Wii U. That said, knowing people, like Mew2King, they'll probably play both, but that's just my guess. It does make me wonder how they're goin to stream 3DS tournaments now that I think about it.

Or you may be lucky and get a proper spectator mode. t least streaming 3DS systems costs like, 600+ dollars. YAY FOR AFFORDABILITY!!! :awesome:

still gonna buy one though

Los

Smash Rookie
Brawl has spectator mode online so i'm guessing there could be a spectator mode for the next one.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Also, I'm not just asking about those three people, they were just the first ones that came to mind. The one I would really like to know about is Earth from Japan, but I am assuming not many would know about that.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I know I will only be playing 3DS Smash Bros. and will be playing competitively If you seen me talk about it in some other threads and for streaming it cost that much O.o wow but I can't wait to play the game.....so........hyped........... :rotfl:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Doesn't no cross platform play mean no playing between the two games? I don't think that means the 3DS can't be a controller. I could be wrong, but either way it is highly unlikely for it to happen.

Also, I would love to see if M2K would go to tournaments for both if he gets both games.

Top Bottom