• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any advanced techniques that a noob peach should learn?

Nyxsix

Smash Rookie
I've been playing peach for about a year, and in my circle I'm pretty good, but no one that's in it uses wave dashing or any advanced techniques. I'd really like to be the first to step my game up but I'm having a lot of trouble wave dashing as peach. I can do it okay as Mario, but peach's timing is just off-kilter to me. If anyone has any help for this, and maybe if someone could teach me more about peach's advanced techniques it'd be really helpful. I just read the peach faq that's stickied, and it helped me with a few thing, but didn't really address what I need help with. :D Thanks for any help!,

Antifreeze

Smash Rookie
sounds like the same position i'm in. Well, float cancelling to dsmash is a helpful thing. Float canceling is where you float just above the ground and use an air move as you land so you cut down landing animation much like L-canceling so when you hit the ground you can almost instantly use dsmash. If you can make a video of you playing and submit it, usually people can tell you exactly how to improve your play style.

Nyxsix

Smash Rookie
Hmm, alright. From the FAQ i just assumed float cancelling was just floating then falling. Hah, I guess I should have read it better. I only have a webcam, and it's quality isn't that great. Do you think that making a video with that would still be okay?

marthsword

Smash Ace
First off, peach has the worst wavedash in the game. this does not mean you shouldn't use it, it just has the generic uses of a wavedash, the generic uses being spacing, mindgames and more. Wavedashing is used normally to grab the ledge with most characters, but some have other ways.

Bowser: Up B off ledge to grab

Link: Run to very edge of stage and press up B. If done right you should perform your up B and grab the ledge out of it.

Sheik Same as link, direct yourself away from the ledge, and then when the explosion is about to happen, towards and you will grab it.

Peach: Float Backwards

Bowser's and Peach' you will use most of the time, Link's and Sheik's are flashy. Other characters can do it as well, I just named a few. Most other characters wavedash backwards while facing away from the ledge.

The reason you will be grabbing the ledge is edge hogging, your opponent is using their up b or whatever to get back to the stage, and have to grab the ledge. You use whatever meaneuver you have to grab it first, and they can't grab the ledge since you are on, thus making them die. It is more useful than it may sound right now.

And here's the wavedashing chart. From greatest to least

Luigi
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo
Marth
Yoshi
Roy
Ness
Mario/Game & Watch/Doctor Mario
Samus

I think that's the first part.And then the worst wavedashers

Link
Zelda/Peach=worst

You can tell if a character has a bad wavedash if they don't seem to slide after the wavedash.

Sorry for all that random info but...

L canceling: When you are performing an aerial move (B button moves dont count) press L or R all the way down when you hit the ground, or just a little before and you will have 1/2 the landing lag. Lag is how much time it takes until you can move again or use an attack, etc. You really need L canceling with every character. Always L cancel. Just ask everyone else how important it is.

Float Canceling: Peach has something even better than L canceling. Float canceling. It is a glitch. In the air when you are about to perform an aerial, float, and perform an aerial. Stop floating as soon as you want , or dont for a while, as long as you hit the ground while still performing an aerial. If done right, you will have 4 frames or landing lag. 1 frame =1/60 of a second! A normal L canceled aerial will probably be around 13 frames. It really makes a difference.

And abuse them turnips. Hope that helps :)

And if you need anymore help, you can private message me.

EDIT: Oh that other guy beat me to float cancceling. Here is a video completely explaining how float canceling works: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uCi5sLn0Bcg

dragoonv86

Smash Apprentice
wavedashing with peach is super hard to do even i still have problems with it. so i suggest just use float canceling as your way to attack and get them.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
A few techniques I've been practicing lately:

1. Crouch-Cancelled Dash into D-Smash
- Simple, easy, yet effective. Run, then press down on the control stick and immediatly after, press the c-stick down.

2. Float-Cancelled F-air into D-Smash
- Already covered, but really nasty and hard to block

3. Insta-Float at head-height into D-air into N-air
- Jump, and hold down when your feet are at head-level. D-air into N-air for the combo. If blocked, float-cancel the D-air into D-Smash behind them.

4. Chain Grabbing
- Punish those fast-fallers! Don't forget to step on thier toes for the extra damage when you can! Look at your oppenents hands if you can... If they're double-stick DI'ing, they're not struggling... punish them.

I'm sure there's alot more, but these are the ones I'm currently working on.

Good luck! Hope that helps.

WingedApple

Smash Rookie
Go to youtube and search "SSBM"

Scroll down a bit and you should see videos that say "Advanced How To Play (SSBM)"

I hope that helps.

Top Bottom