• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti Zelda/Sheik/Palutena 3DS trick

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
I welcome the extra challenge as a Zelda main! Bring it on!!...... :'|
I say the same thing! \o/

Word to the wise, though... maybe might not wanna get used to doing this. It's gonna feel like a handicap when you don't have it in the Wii U version. It'll be like your ability to "read" us Zeldas/Sheiks/Palutenas suddenly goes away.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
Why did you mention it for Zelda and Palutena ? They don't deserve to get any worse... >_<'

Gotta have no sympathy for Sheik user in the other hand.

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
Wow. This is a good find. As everyone else is saying, this is a bad handicap for the Wii-U version, but if anyone knows will the Wii-U have some kind of option where the Gamepad (when playing with it or not; I guess it would just be on) will they have an option for the screen to do the same thing as the bottom of the 3DS? I know the 3DS is just to help see the characters. Regardless, COME AT ME BROS.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I assume this applies to Metaknight as well. Anyone check that?

It's probably something that can and should be patched, especially considering it's an exploit that isn't applicable on the Wii-U.

Last edited:

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
As if Zelda wasn't giving me enough problems with her wonky Teleport+Stage interactions. She needs patching badly.

CupofT

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3738-0810-2101
Thanks for pointing this out. Will definitely start using. Even if I can't do it on the Wii U it will just be a way to get some training against these circus tricks. Once Wii U version drops I can use my 3DS time to work on my "reads"

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Tap their portrait on the bottom screen, it shows you where their teleport is going to go before the characters themselves reappear. Makes it easy to counter or position yourself for a good attack, has actually led to some good kills for me a few times. Me and some friends have started using this and it's more helpful than it sounds. Hope this helps.
OH YOU ********!

I don't see this being that useful because you already know that they're always going to go straight for the ledge. I mean, there's really no reason not to in this games.
There it the fact Zelda's teleport is a kill move...

Last edited by a moderator:

EclipseSmash

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHeroOfHylia
3DS FC
5043-3010-8901
Well, unless you use the gamepad (if TOs would even allow it).

lol now I want to be that one guy carrying around his Gamepad to tourneys.
Im going to do that. I like the gamepad.

Oh and im too poor for a Gamecube adapter/Pro Controller but thats not relevant

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
I'll be the stubborn guy that would rather not know where they're going, just for the sake of using a gamecube controller

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
:(

This is just an unfair advantage, as the idea of those moves is that you don't know where they're going. That's why Sheik's up special is called "Vanish". If anyone wins a match because of this I would not count it as a fair win. I know it's not a fault of the people using it, but if you are using this for the purpose of having this advantage then I consider that bad sportsmanship.

Last edited:

josh bones

Smash Lord
:(

This is just an unfair advantage, as the idea of those moves is that you don't know where they're going. That's why Sheiks's up special is called "Vanish". If anyone wins a match because of this I would not count it as a fair win. I know it's not a fault of the people using it, but if you are using this for the purpose of having this advantage then I consider that bad sportsmanship.
Yes, you do know where they're going, they're going for the ledge offstage, trying to ledge stall (melee), trying to kill with it (smash 4)

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
The target should only be for that players character. This seems wrong to do against other people.

Last edited:

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
Yes, you do know where they're going, they're going for the ledge offstage, trying to ledge stall (melee), trying to kill with it (smash 4)
That's not true, Some players switch between using it as a kill move and using it to get to the ground. This way players won't know whether they're going to kill or whether they're just going to the ground and it's confusing. Either ways, it's still unfair.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Welp, glad I'm moving away from Zelda in SSB4 anyways. So much for one of her only good kill moves now that Usmash is way worse. This really ought to be patched ASAP, it's just awful.

Last edited:

Smallfry

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0189-8684-8327
Tap their portrait on the bottom screen, it shows you where their teleport is going to go before the characters themselves reappear. Makes it easy to counter or position yourself for a good attack, has actually led to some good kills for me a few times. Me and some friends have started using this and it's more helpful than it sounds. Hope this helps.
woah

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
It can be used for ground travel, and it can confuse your opponent because you're moving without them knowing where you're going. And if they try and stop you, they get damaged or killed at high percents. Obviously you're going for the ledge if you're offstage, but if you're anywhere onstage the opponent is not meant to know where you're going. That's what makes this move viable, and that's the purpose of it. If you were supposed to know where they're going so you can punish them, do you think it would still be usable for everything it can be used for?

D

Deleted member 269706

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate you sharing this!

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
Holy crap. The Ike,Sheik matchup wont be as one sided due to this find.

However do you hit the portrait while they are teleporting or at the beginning of a match?

D

Deleted member 269706

Holy crap. The Ike,Sheik matchup wont be as one sided due to this find.

However do you hit the portrait while they are teleporting or at the beginning of a match?
Doesn't matter, it'll keep the box around them until you click it again to disable it.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Recently, it was discovered that this oversight works on Mewtwo as well.

...in my dreams. :(

Good find though. Needs to be patched. Poor Zelda can't catch a break can she?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Ah yes. Fantastic.
As if an actual control stick wasn't enough reason to vastly prefer the Wii U version for a Zelda main, we have this crap to deal with on the 3DS too.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
No one discovered this in the demo? Understandable that there was no teleporting characters like Zelda available, but it's been known for a while now. But to be fair, it might not effect the Wii U version that much if the Gamepad is not in use.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
No one discovered this in the demo? Understandable that there was no teleporting characters like Zelda available, but it's been known for a while now. But to be fair, it might not effect the Wii U version that much if the Gamepad is not in use.
We knew you could outline specific characters since before release, iirc Sakurai said so in a PotD.
No one anticipated that they'd leave it on when characters vanish because after all, tags vanish.

This is a pretty bad oversight, imo, and should be patched. I'm not even being biased; I'd think the same if it only affected Palutena or Sheik.

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
We knew you could outline specific characters since before release, iirc Sakurai said so in a PotD.
No one anticipated that they'd leave it on when characters vanish because after all, tags vanish.

This is a pretty bad oversight, imo, and should be patched. I'm not even being biased; I'd think the same if it only affected Palutena or Sheik.
Exactly. I main Sheik, but even if I didn't I would still hate this just as much. This had better get patched soon, but for that to happen this has to be brought to the attention of Nintendo. How do we do that?

Also, if there was a dislike button, I would click it x1000 on this thread. I don't hate the people who are using this exploit, I just hate the fact that it's being shared and gone along with so happily despite it being anti-competitive and extremely unsportsmanlike.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Exactly. I main Sheik, but even if I didn't I would still hate this just as much. This had better get patched soon, but for that to happen this has to be brought to the attention of Nintendo. How do we do that?

Also, if there was a dislike button, I would click it x1000 on this thread. I don't hate the people who are using this exploit, I just hate the fact that it's being shared and gone along with so happily despite it being anti-competitive and extremely unsportsmanlike.
I feel like its just straight up cheating to me.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
You could do the same with Greninja. Watch where his shadow goes. I did this against someone spamming his B-Side move.

Cyber Crow

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4124-6177-2052
I really hope this is banned in tourney play. It is an unfair advantage no matter how you spin it. You can complain about Sheik all you want, if you do this you are cheating. They need to patch it out for anything outside solo play and if they don't I go back to my statement of hoping TO's ban it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The part where particles/graphics follow nearly every character who goes invisible is still being ignored.
I guess playing the game with 20/20 vision on an XL 3DS is cheating too.!_!

It does genuinely look like Zelda and Sheik's Up-B's don't have little electrical/smoke effects to follow them in the 3DS version though, which I believe was not the case in Brawl. Meh. Does suck for Zelda the most.

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
The part where particles/graphics follow nearly every character who goes invisible is still being ignored.

It does genuinely look like Zelda and Sheik's Up-B's don't have little electrical/smoke effects to follow them in the 3DS version though, which I believe was not the case in Brawl. Meh. Does suck for Zelda the most.
No, I don't think particles follow them, not for Sheik anyway. Only when she disappears and reappers is when you see anything. Maybe it was in Brawl.

I wish people would stop taking advantage of a little oversight by the developers and trying to ruin a vital part of the movesets of 3 characters.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Truth be told, kowing where Zelda is when she teleports shouldn't save you from the move

I tried in training mode with the 1/4 frame by frame thing, both zoomed in and with default camera.
I have 20/20 vision.
I really do not see anything but the sparkles that appear in her initial position, which looks like the same animation regardless of where she teleports to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom