• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti-Malware - Suggestions?

ChikiLucario

Smash Cadet
Okay so hi guys

I have a question. What anti-malware or anti-virus do you guys use? More than one?

The reason why I'm asking is that I think I have some malware on my computer. Not viruses, malware, maybe a browser hijacker or something. I've had them before and they were really annoying.

I have (so far) used MBAM, AVG and am currently using BitDefender and none of them have come up with anything (I'm doing a scan on the latter as I type this.)

Advice? Recommendations?

(Edit: I had to install uBlock to block all of the ads I get across the board. So I might have adware. Not really sure. I'm not that tech-smart)

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, I use Kaspersky... which has limited days of use even when you purchase it.
Is it good? It totally depends on how you use it, a lot of people just don't want to scan their PC, latop thoroughly once a while. Always use your anti-virus software to scan whenever you download any applications. Also check the install page to see if there is any malware. If there is, just remove/uninstall it. I remember I had my PC Chrome browser got a weird Crazyhorse malware which puts ads on the right side of the browser page, and then I check my applications install page and then remove it. I also scan my PC as well.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I use Malware Bytes to scan for viruses. It is really good. I normally scan if I feel there is some malware or viruses on my PC.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And last but not least, always be careful when downloading or even surfing through the Internet. If see anything weird ads pop out, get out of there.
Anti-virus software like Kaspersky have a function that can tell if the page is safe or not on the Google search results page. Proceed with caution if you want to click the results with Grey bar (Which means it might not be safe)

ChikiLucario

Smash Cadet
I use Malware Bytes to scan for viruses. It is really good. I normally scan if I feel there is some malware or viruses on my PC.
Yeah MBAM is really good for viruses, but I'm not so sure about other malware like adware.

I do scans on my PC with AVG almost every day while I'm around the house doing other stuff - I'm doing one with Bitdefender and it has 16 resolved issues, and it's only 63% done. I'm going to have to leave my PC on while I go to sleep, haha

Thanks for the advice, guys. I knew most of it already (The general scanning downloads and stuff) but it's nice to see what you guys use differently. :3

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you're serious about protection, get Sophos

Though I believe it might be business class protection

Top Bottom