• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anthropomorphic Andross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Just take old Wolfie out. Then there will be three and only two will have landmaster finals and unimaginative animal names.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ah, you must love landmasters. Maybe there could be nine Star Fox reps. Fox, Falco, Weasel, Coyote, Skunko, Mouse, Raccoon, Wolf, and Deero.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah, you must love landmasters. Maybe there could be nine Star Fox reps. Fox, Falco, Weasel, Coyote, Skunko, Mouse, Raccoon, Wolf, and Deero.
You forgot Panther and Pigma.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I like Bowserlick's moveset, it's well made. The way I imagine Andross, mostly inspired by reading his entry on the Star Fox wikia, is a monkey with a horribly transformed body from extensive self-experimentation. I'd give him a bionic arm that quickly transforms into a whole mess of different tools for various attacks.
His defining combat traits as I see them:
Scientist
Self-Experimentation
Telekinetic powers

Up B, Gauss Launcher
Air: His mechanical arm transforms into a cannon that he points in the opposite direction that the player aims. After a second, a projectile is launched and Adross is blasted in the opposite direction.

Ground: Andross aims his cannon arm into the sky and fires a blast to ward of oncoming aerial foes. Can be aimed in any direction, but aiming becomes slower the further away from up you get.

Side B, Psionic Plank
First time: Forms a classic Androssian square in front of him. It hangs there until destroyed or until the power is used again. It blocks character movement and projectiles, just like it were an actual wall. Players can't stand on it and only one plank can exist at a time.
When plank is out: The levitating plank is launched to the right or left as indicated. Doesn't deal damage, just pushes things.

Neutral B, Caustic Charge
The fist at the end of his arm disappears and is replaced with a growing, green bubble. The longer B is held, the larger the button grows. The next time Andross connects with a smash attack or some aerial attacks, the bubble explosively bursts, granting extra damage and launching to all enemies around the target. Warning: Overcharging the bubble risks it exploding in his hand and hurting everyone nearby, him included.

Down B, Satellite Strike
Andross clearly marks where he's standing as the target for a satellite laser blast. After a couple seconds of delay, a sustained blast shoots down from the sky like a more powerful version of pikachu's down B. The blast will stun Andross, so he'll want to get out of the way and maneuver his enemies into it.

... You know what, I really like this moveset I made for a character I don't particularly care about. I like Andross a lot more now that I've been imagining what playing him would be like. :p

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Nice moveset. Andross really does lend himself to creativity and you took full advantage of that.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
Falco and Wolf can be downloadable content (easy to balance). Andross would be perfect for the StarFox rep, also Krystal.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
After the crazy addition of Wii Fit Trainer and the Villager, maybe just maybe Sakurai will build Andross a body and allow him to participate in the blood bath.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Andross would make for a great boss, but not as a fighter. Judging by Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman and Villager's movesets, Sakurai is putting a great deal of effort towards making characters faithful to their games. Andross with a body is decidedly unfaithful, since he never appeared that way in any of the games. It's just not going to happen.

As a boss, he'd be pretty cool. I could imagine fighting the big robot face and hands at the end of 64, then have it transform into the giant brain and eyeballs for the second half of the fight.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Just make him a boss that's a flying head with hands, I'd be like fighting crazy and master hand plus a big monkey head that could suck you up in his mouth.
*Points to avatar* IMO Andross is good and all but we already have two hands, why not partner them up with the real mastermind?

On other subjects mentioned in no apparent order:
-Adventures was its own game and should have stayed that way but SFGC had nothing to show for years worth of development, while Dinosaur Planet wasn't getting the attention it deserved. The solution was obvious, if a little unwelcome.
-Leon would indeed be a great inclusion, probably getting some of Mewtwo's old moves while also keeping the Starfox rep style to some degree. Yes, a 4th rep is too much but Wolf is a sucky Smash fighter anyway.
-Command sucks, don't try and claim otherwise.
-Krystal would actually be a unique character, she's far more worthy of inclusion than any of the games' casts than Fox himself IMO.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
In many ways, Kid Icarus Uprising could have been Sakurai's answer to making the first-person rail shooter hip again. Maybe Sakurai should be given control of a new Star Fox game. And in doing so, he can find a way for Andross, in body form, to make an appearance.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
In many ways, Kid Icarus Uprising could have been Sakurai's answer to making the first-person rail shooter hip again. Maybe Sakurai should be given control of a new Star Fox game. And in doing so, he can find a way for Andross, in body form, to make an appearance.
If Sakurai had made a SF game instead of Uprising like originally planned, I doubt he would've altered Andross to any great extent, especially considering both Medusa and Hades were huge anyway, like Andross normally is. Seems kinda superfluous to just give him a body if he would (likely) have the role he always did.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Good point. Maybe for the story?

I would like a Star Fox series based on Falco who takes bounty hunter missions from shady characters in a bar. There could be four bars and Falco could stagger to different ones to pick up missions, depending on which characters you decide to talk up. One of these characters can be Andross in a hood and cloak, with missions that would secretly clear threats for him to launch an assault on Corneria.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Star Fox needs its sinister ape. Rocket gloves, torso, legs, beard, crotch. Say YES to Andross body-styled.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I made a Moveset for him:

B- Landmaster Blaster
Side B- Landmaster Charge
Up B- Landmaster Fly
Down B- Landmaster Reflect

Final Smash- Landmaster Landmaster

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't Andross still anthropomorphic in his form that's just a head and hands.

When it comes down to it, Anthropomorphic just means assigning human traits to animals. And while Andross had become just a head and hands of a anthropomorphic monkey, he's still the head and hands of an anthropomorphic monkey

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I remember this idea thrown out in the pre-brawl days. He was kinda like Snake (even before he was announced) but with more focus on bio/chemical weapons and poisons. The only real move I could think of was he threw a grenade that exploded on contact. If it hit a target it would do damage and poison but if just hit the floor or wall it would leave a cloud that if enemies walked into it would poison them for a short time.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
well if it helps,he had a full body in the comics. and since Cap's look was based off of the comic, well.....

Is that a Gundam pig he's talking to? Cannot unsee.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Andross would be even more suprising than Wii Fit Trainer, so I agree with this clever OP. We need Andross (with a body).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I wouldn't completely dismiss Andross (with a body). He has plenty of design space. Sakurai likes his rail shooters. Maybe Star Fox can be his next game.

Krystal is washed-up. Using a staff and being female is all she has going for her, which Palutena brings plus more.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
ALL DREAMS ARE DEAD​

SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI

Speculator

Smash Ace
Something like this would simply not have been in the nature of the character. Generally I'm against making radical changes to the way a character looks or acts in order to make them work in SSB. It's inappropriate to sacrifice character fidelity because 'they deserve to be there' or 'this series needs more reps'. If a character is better suited as a boss or an assist trophy, then that's how they should be used.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
1) I would love Andross to be a boss in this game. He's pretty much the master hand and crazy hand fight, but with a giant monkey face.

2) Command is the best game in the franchise. The 6 player multiplayer was perfect the only way it could have improved would be more varied stages and stage selection as well as vehicle and pilot selection in multi cartridge play. The strategy element was fun. The different ships were GREAT (love Panther's Wolfen) and the characters and endings were totally worth it. I beat it every possible way.

3) Aw man I miss that Nintendo Power Star Fox comic. I'm sad Fara never got into the games, but I like Andross' assistant/surrogate parent being referred to as 'Gundam Pig'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom