• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anthropomorphic Andross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
What about an anthropomorphic Andross?

Even though Ridley is close but not yet battle-ready as is, we seem to be willing to make him work as a community. Andross is my proposal for the purists out there who don't want too many more third party characters. It would bump up the weirdly lopsided antagonist:hero ratio without having to be another clone character.
  • Andross already has multiple erratically different forms that are pre-agreed upon as canon
  • He is the most iconic (other than Wolf), yet he has been lurking in the trophy cases for too long
  • He would add variety (too many swordsmen, too many animeesque looking heroes)
I could sit here for an hour and flesh out a moveset, but I would prefer to just see if other people think it's a good idea too.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't think we need another StarFox character. But if he got in, I expect a Landmaster. :p

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There's too many anime-esque heroes? Well I don't count Link in that because he's Link, but that just leaves the FE reps (2) and Pit. That's 3/39. Unless I'm forgetting someone, or you're counting the Spacies, I'm not sure about that. However, it's an interesting idea, but I think Starfox has had it's reps. If they get any at all, I'm only rooting for Leon.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't know, they'd have to make his body from nowhere. I played every single Starfox game and I don't remember one scene in which he appears with his whole body, always and only the face. I guess he would be similar to Andrew Oikonny, basically an ape like from Planet Of The Apes. Could work, only two problem though: 1) StarFox, as a franchise, it's sadly dead, we can only hope in a reboot by Platinum Games (believe) and 2) Andross himself as a villain has lost a lot of importance. In Adventures he just bursts in right before the ending, and in Assault and Command he doesn't even appear. Yes he's iconic, but for the moment, before at least one new game pops out, I think StarFox has enough reps.

Also, he would look really weird if they use his original form: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080827102615/starfox/images/0/03/Assist_Trophy_Andross.jpg lol

Spire

III
BRoomer
Andross has a bloodline. That means he is part of a reproducing species. Considering Andrew Oikonny is his nephew and has a full body, one can easily assume that at one point in time, Andross also had a body. Look at this image:

That is Pepper banishing Andross. Had Andross been a massive floating head with power hands, he could have just killed Pepper, but nope. That's because he was a scientist with a full body. Though looking at Andrew's body:

I can't tell if his limbs are prosthetic or not. His tail certainly isn't, so maybe he is just really thin? Anyways, this can be used in imagining what Andross might look like beneath is lab coat.

And you know what, Andross is my new favored Star Fox Rep. I really hope he gets in.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Here is an old move-set for an Anthropomorphic Andross posted years ago during Brawl speculation. As you can see, Wolf was picked and not Andross for another Starfox rep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ape would wear a belt with gadgets, devices, and potions holstered and strapped on. He would have a leather vest with a V neck split to allow his furry chest hair to stick out. Also goggles would be mounted on his hair and he would have a black cloak. Andross would also have metal gloves with thrusters located on the palm. The thrusters would act kinda like jetpacks allowing Andross to jump high and float a little of the floor like Mewtwo. The thrusters would also allow him to propel his punches, making him stronger then he would be. He would be a floaty character unless you press down while he was in the air. Then the engines would shut off and the metal gloves would make him a fast faller.

Walk: His hands would be at his sides with the thrusters on. Blue fire would expel from his palms and he would slowly foot a few inches off the ground toward his opponent.

Run: Andross holds his hands behind him and the thrusters shoot out longer flames propelling Andross forward at a high speed similar to Pichu's. Terrible at quick turns.

Running A: Andross would bring his hands forward to clap at the enemy. The movement of his thruster enabled gloves would make his jolt backwards a little distance as he clapped. Sends opponent forward. Good for setting some distance between fighters.

A: Punch
AA: Punch and then extended palm
AAA: Punch, then extended palm, then another extended palm
AAAA: Punch, one extended palm plant, then another, then the thrusters would turn on really quick propelling Andross backwards a few feet.

>A: Andross hovers with hands at the side and kicks at the opponent

^A: Andross uppercuts, thruster turns on, and Andross lifts a foot higher off the floor before thruster snaps off and he descends back into hovering position, when the thruster turns back on.

Duck: Thrusters turn off and Andross crouches on the floor.
Down A: Thrusters turn on quickly, making Andross to a quick spin while crouching with one foot stuck out. Accelerated Sweep kick.

Forward Smash: Swings one arm around in a full circle with thruster on leaving a trail of fire. Metal fist crashes to the floor. If A is pressed again, his other glove thruster will turn on and repeat the pattern going forward.

Down Smash: Andross clasps his gloves together and hammer-fists the ground making the floor ripple in a set circumference around him. Sends opponents upwards. Some rocks and debris might pop up and hover a foot in the air for a few seconds after for effect only.

Up Smash: Andross Machine gun punches upward, juggling the opponent

Down B: Andross's cape whirls outward. Flat Metal rectangles come flying out from the background and form steps for Andross to walk on. Five blocks come out. Andross can walk back and forth or just one way or even diagonal. This could be used to make a cieling so opponents can't jump upward to get back on stage. Andross falls afterwards and can't use moves until he hits the ground.

Forward B: Andross throws a Vortex Grenade from his belt. It explodes after seven seconds. Could be picked up and thrown by others. Only one Grenade could be on the floor at a time. When it explodes it makes a blackish blue sphere which sucks in anyone nearby including Andross. Radius like Kirby's except all the way around the sphere. Does damage and keeps person in place like Young Link's Up B spin. Good way to trap opponents.

B: Andross extends both palms forward and a green grid shaped like a metal rectangle block shoots out. If B is pressed while the green grid is going forward it will solidify into a metal step rotating forward in the air. If it hits an opponent it will smash and do damage to the enemy. If the opponent has a high percentage it might carry the enemy with it for a few moments before cracking and exploding. Only one could be out at a time.

Up B: Andross does a back-flip and disappears into a blue vortex. You could angle the direction of his reappearance like Zelda's Up B. Except it is about half as long.

Air Battle:

Neutral A: Does a Midair flip similar to Captain Falcon's Up A. But much weaker.
Forward A: Midair slap with metal glove.
Backward A: Andross extends one arm backwards and his glove spews out a spout of fire to rack up damage on opponent. Sends Andross forwards a little.
Down A: Does a split in the air with his legs and throws one heavy gloved hand downwards between open legs. Meteor Smash.
Up A: Andross reaches upward with a metal glove in a grabbing motion. If he hits an opponent he throws them downward. Down throw is weak, opponent goes underneath Andross setting him up for a down A move.

Andross Throws: Grabs opponent with metal glove.
A: Burns opponent with thrusters on glove.
Forward: Skids forward on feet briefly before swinging his arm in a full circle still clutching the enemy and finally releasing him forward in an arch. A little further then Mario's forward throw but due to arch harder to die from.
Backward: Quick throw backwards. Straight trajectory.
Downward: Throws opponent to the ground and machine gun punches their body until they jolt upwards.
Upward: Andross teleports the opponent a few feet above him. Opponent disappears in a flash of blue and then a portal opens above Andross. At this point the opponent could jump or attack once he or she exits teleport.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
well if it helps,he had a full body in the comics. and since Cap's look was based off of the comic, well.....

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Andross has a bloodline. That means he is part of a reproducing species. Considering Andrew Oikonny is his nephew and has a full body, one can easily assume that at one point in time, Andross also had a body. Look at this image:

That is Pepper banishing Andross. Had Andross been a massive floating head with power hands, he could have just killed Pepper, but nope. That's because he was a scientist with a full body. Though looking at Andrew's body:

I can't tell if his limbs are prosthetic or not. His tail certainly isn't, so maybe he is just really thin? Anyways, this can be used in imagining what Andross might look like beneath is lab coat.

And you know what, Andross is my new favored Star Fox Rep. I really hope he gets in.
Good post. I really like what you all have to say. Sadly, I'd have to agree that Andross is decidedly less iconic than he was, say, 10 years ago? It's basically the fault of the way the series evolved/devolved over time.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
This isn't the first time and full body Andross has been proposed. It was also mention when Brawl was being developed. Though unlikely I do find it interesting.

From what I can remember in last time he was design as using high tech weapons similar to a sci-fi snake. He could throw grenades, summon robots, and use bio-weapons. Keep in mind this was all done before Dedede and Snake were added.

As for history he was also in Command as a ghost or auto-protect program (It was never mention which one it really was) so he's still relevant. Not to mention Dash from Command was Andross' grandson. Obviously he had had a body.

And for the image of Oikonny having robotic legs could come from the idea that in the original starfox game the characters amputee there legs in order to prevent blood from sinking into there when doing high G-force maneuvers. Fox in Melee even has robotic legs. Another theory is that he was injured in Starfox 64 and had to replace his legs.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool if he appeared as a boss fight in SSB4. And even cooler if there was a mode that let you play as the bosses.
Oh lordy. Yes, that would be awesome. Or if the person with the gamepad also had some degree of control over the stage's movements too.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think a prequel is a way to jump start the Star Fox series and ignore all the additional characters tacked onto the franchise with a series of sub-par games. Andross can be an ally and scientist with a body who helps come up with weapons for the mercenaries. The villain could be from some other planetory force. A subplot could be Andross's transformation into an innovative mind into a mad scientist.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
But then it wouldn't star Fox McCloud but rather his father James. Plus, we already know the ending to that game.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
But then it wouldn't star Fox McCloud but rather his father James. Plus, we already know the ending to that game.
Perhaps a sequel. Maybe an Andross clone is created by the government to aid Starfox and his team against a great threat. But fate is a cruel mistress and once again Andross is transformed into a giant head.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Perhaps a sequel. Maybe an Andross clone is created by the government to aid Starfox and his team against a great threat. But fate is a cruel mistress and once again Andross is transformed into a giant head.
Starting to sound like a fanfic.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
In Command there were a lot of scenes where Andross' grandson Dash takes his place (who joins the Starfox team too). Andross can be revived in many ways. Clones, Androids, or any download his consciousness into another body. If they really wanted to they could have the real Andross never died and had been lying in wait and the ones they fought in previous games were just mutated clones.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
It would be nice to have Andross playable considering he is actually the big bad of SF. And before Smash 64, none was able to actually control Capt. Falcon himself and a moveset was made, so yeah it seems possible Though some prefer Gen. Scales as he actually had a body and it would be easier to make a moveset.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
General Who? Not the lizard from the game that began Star Fox's descent into ruination, I hope.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
General Who? Not the lizard from the game that began Star Fox's descent into ruination, I hope.
You are really passionate about this aren't you?

Do you hate everything after 64? Even Assault?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
To be fair I did not play anything after 64. I was looking forward to a new Starfox and when this hybrid dinosaur-riding thing came out I lost hope for the series.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Adventures is a great game and it's boring how everyone pisses on it just because it has StarFox in the title. Exactly like what happened to Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. Assault is almost always considered superior because it's more similar to Lylat Wars, except it sucks. Command was good.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It should have been its own game. Star Fox should have went a different route. Now it might be a dead series.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It should have been its own game. Star Fox should have went a different route. Now it might be a dead series.
That's true it should have stayed Dinosaur Planet like Rare intended to be. It's Miyamoto's fault and his stupid obsession of using pre-existing franchises over new potential IPs. Nintendo is old and stupid sometimes really.
Still, Adventures is a great game.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Yes, you are in charge of the next Star Fox game.
Thank you!
Actually, I applied to be a game designer for Disney and got turned downed so I guess I'm not that great.

Another game they should make is a Falco spinoff game. Essentially, what Falco does when he's not with Starfox. They could make 3 games within the current canon.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think it has to include a bar (like the Star Wars scene) where Falco can get missions and drunk.

*Disney is hard to get into, don't let that stop you.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be fair I did not play anything after 64. I was looking forward to a new Starfox and when this hybrid dinosaur-riding thing came out I lost hope for the series.
Give Assault a shot. It's pretty good. Adventures is hit and miss but still good in my opinion.

We don't speak about Command....

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't really understand how Assault is good and Command is not.
Assault, with the broken foot-phases and that horrible ugly graphics... Also the Aparoids are terrible enemies and the flight phases just seem off. Command is not a great game, but it's solid. The strategic feel at least tried to revive the series and the multiple endings were a nice touch. Great replayability.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't really understand how Assault is good and Command is not.
Assault, with the broken foot-phases and that horrible ugly graphics... Also the Aparoids are terrible enemies and the flight phases just seem off. Command is not a great game, but it's solid. The strategic feel at least tried to revive the series and the multiple endings were a nice touch. Great replayability.
I think you're the first person I've ever heard of that liked Command more than Assault.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So we're judging certain Star Fox games by its graphics now? Like SF64's haven't aged at all, and I didn't really have a problem with Assault's foot or flight phases, though I enjoyed the former a little more. Had mixed feelings about the Aparoids, but at least they were fresh compared to some of what Fox has fought before. The weakest part of the game was its replayability, which I give Command a little more credit for, but most (if not all) the endings reeked of some horribly written fanfic. Marcus McCloud? *****, please.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I didn't say Assault was bad for its graphics. It's bad because it has a broken gameplay, nothing new, a banal story AND terrible graphics.
Not all of the Command endings were good sure, but there were nine of them. The Assault's one is basically the same of Lylat Wars and Adventures.

And to be honest I like Assault, I played it quite a bit. I thought I was one of the few which irrationally likes Assault because I'm a StarFox fanboy, but objectively, it's a bad game which nobody would care about if it wasn't for the title (me neither really). What was wrong about Command? Again not a great game at all but certainly a solid one.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think each of the Starfox games has their plus and minuses (except 64 which was pretty near perfect).

Starfox
A really fun game and pretty incredible for a SNES game. The graphics does make it hard to play but if they did a graphical reboot I would buy it.
Something that looks like this

Adventure
Kinda had that Mario 2 feel to it where it didn't feel like a Starfox game but it was nice to play. The combat was overly simple and felt very linear when it could have been more free ranged exploitative. Defiantly the best looking game of the series and Krystal was a nice addition. I think it would have been better if you played Krystal and Fox was just a side character instead but it probably wouldn't have sold well.

Assault
Had a lot of new concepts and I believe it could have been a great game if just a few things were tweaked. The foot combat was pretty robotic (especially the turning) and the ground weapons were super generic. The apiroids were an interesting idea (kinda of a cross between the borg and the insects from starship troopers) but their colorful patterns made them less threatening. The multiplayer was certainly versitile with flying, ground, and vehicles but they added that stupid radar detector so you knew exactly where your opponent was at all times. That made it impossible to snipe or ambush your opponent.

Command
I really liked the story, multiple endings, strategy map, and the different fighters. It had some weak spots like the whole timer and trying to get fuel points was rather annoying, There was very little variety in enemies and missions to do. The missile chase missions were super tough unless you had Slippy, Panther, or Peppy's daughter. If the missile went the same path of the slipstream (like its suppose to) then it wouldn't be that bad. I personally liked the characters (except what they did to Bill) and how they interacted. It seemed very logical like if anyone is going to marry Slippy then she has to be a bit crazy right?

I believe that each Starfox games were okay but none were as incredible like 64 was. Is it possible to make a game better than 64? Sure but its going to take a lot of attention to detail which the other games didn't do.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
nah, making him like that would take away his awesomeness.

Just make him a boss that's a flying head with hands, I'd be like fighting crazy and master hand plus a big monkey head that could suck you up in his mouth.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
With the limited character choices for Smash 4, Sakurai will obviously have to include body form Andross. Mewtwo just got a new style. Its all the rave.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
With the limited character choices for Smash 4, Sakurai will obviously have to include body form Andross. Mewtwo just got a new style. Its all the rave.
You're funny.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
When people are in doubt even about Krystal's inclusion, ...... I feel too awkward to complete the sentence. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Star Fox needs to have a brand new installment in the series to warrant another character. 3 is enough until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom