• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Toy Mandala Tourny 7/8 This Sunday!!!

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I don't want people going to the wrong site

Just so people don't go crazy if they didn't read the story, dsf's dpad face came off during saturday's tourney, not sunday's tourney. I had never seen that happen in melee, only in mario kart tourneys

--GCII
I guess he needed that Dpad.

When he switched to my controller he almost won 4 in a row :).
He didn't win 3 in a row because of the Controller Waffle, he won 3 in a row cuz he played better.

Too many johns, some legit, some not.

I'll be the first to admit that a messed up controller can affect your play. I'm not denying it.

Yes at times A controller of his did mess up
but for alex to beat everyone's *** soundly with a "****ty" controller, then all of a sudden the ****iness of the controller kicks in when he plays me...

especially after using several different controllers of which at least a few had to be "good"...

No offense to alex, cuz he's not the one posting up in here, and I'm not trying to be a ****, but In the end...you just have to say "no johns"

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
I was waiting for you to say that... explain how i almost lost to inks? if i had lost to him do you think he should be top 10 on the rankings?

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I was waiting for you to say that... explain how i almost lost to inks? if i had lost to him do you think he should be top 10 on the rankings?
You almost lost to inks because you decided to d!ck around with doc and not take him seriously when you should have.

Did you almost lose to inks on saturday when I also won? No, In fact,
you ***** the **** out of mango/luigi right before playing me. I still won.

And it wasn't a contrast of playing ability on either day. For every close match you had with lesser players, i almost lost to oscar and almost dropped a round to larry. We were both in the same boat.

Yeah you had controller problems at some points, obviously, but Did you not change controllers? Were all the controllers bad? Do you think you are incapable of making mistakes unrelated to your controller? Did you not say "Alright **** this hugo, i'm beating you" right before you lost the last match.

You wanted to beat me. If you had won after switching controllers, you would have said something along the lines of "see, it was my controller, so I switched, then I won". But it didn't work out that way.

And I don't pull this kind of stuff on you when you beat me. Maybe I'll say I was having a bad day, but i don't push it like this. I'd give you the win cuz you deserved it.

I won legit, no johns.

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
Aww c'mon Alex : (, I'm not bad, just inconsistent and i was actually playing well that day......

I understand that you felt uncomfortable with a messed up controller and even with good controllers that weren't yours, so next time just be prepared : ). No grudges man, If my crew wasn't there I would've been the first to cheer you on.

Anyway, 8-bit and the other fellow 818ers, panda was mad fun and how we were standing outside planning a smashfest for like an hour was also rather interesting lol.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Aww c'mon Alex : (, I'm not bad, just inconsistent and i was actually playing well that day......

I understand that you felt uncomfortable with a messed up controller and even with good controllers that weren't yours, so next time just be prepared : ). No grudges man, If my crew wasn't there I would've been the first to cheer you on.

Anyway, 8-bit and the other fellow 818ers, panda was mad fun and how we were standing outside planning a smashfest for like an hour was also rather interesting lol.
My Chinese food = forgotten :(

bRoWn6614

Smash Apprentice
lmao dam that day was too good! :laugh: Especially after the tourny. We played DDR . All i gotta say is if u play the songs without facing the screen a.k.a. Backwards you will lose ur chinese food. lmfao! :yoshi:

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
lmao dam that day was too good! :laugh: Especially after the tourny. We played DDR . All i gotta say is if u play the songs without facing the screen a.k.a. Backwards you will lose ur chinese food. lmfao! :yoshi:
LMAO then people at the place eat your food and say they threw it away :001: :002::003: :004: :005: :006: :007: :008: :009: :025: :026: :pikachu:

bRoWn6614

Smash Apprentice
LMAO then people at the place eat your food and say they threw it away :yoshi:
Yeah that ****ed up but funny when it isn't ur food! :laugh: too bad for damon. And wtf I said it all late when were leaving "Damon u forgot ur chinese food at the Ultra Zone" I couldn't stop laughing.

and b4 that we were looking for outlets in the streets. Man we should of jsut gone to Starbucks or borders. It would of been funny!

killer tofu

Smash Lord
sorry for the double post
i kept on getting a message that said the site was down and stuff.

and im down to go on saturday
or sunday or friday
and if anybody wants to smash any day lemme know and ill see if i can drive there
hopefully you guys don't live too far from me

funny... it doens't even show me as teh last poster.... lol
(at least when i look at it)

The Game II

Smash Champion
I know what I'm about to do is tacky, but I'll put up the video list in a couple minutes. I'm not done with all the videos, but I wanted to get the index out there because half of them are up now.

Once I get to tonight's event, I should be able to finish, things should be posted a little quicker.

I believe that you'll see a ? on some of the pages. That means the video isn't available yet.

I'll refresh this post with the matches that are viewable.

--GCII

I should also mention that I'm using a new format, so please bear with me. This is the format I'm going to be using for the time being.

opium vs. hugs
west vs. fly leaf
dehf vs. west
gabe vs. yummy
opium vs. tofu
el d vs. hugs
raging missiles vs. yummy
west vs. tofu
brown vs. logic
winner final dsf vs. hugs

The Game II

Smash Champion
Which videos are not working?

And again, if your name is not on that list, THE VIDEO IS NOT UP YET. ****ing **** how hard is that?

By the way, if a video is not working, IT WOULD HELP ME A WHOLE LOT if you mentioned which one.

--GCII

Top Bottom