• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Roster Contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Yep. You remember swamp's roster contest. Now time to host my own!

F.A.Q.
- Rosters Due December 4th
- Character Must Have Been On A Nintendo Console ATLEAST Once
- A Maximum Of 4 Third Parties (Mega Man, Sonic)
- Have To Have Reasons Why Newcomers On Your Roster Should Be In
- You Can Use Photoshop, Roster Maker, ETC.
- People Will Be Voting On Your Art!

Example Roster: (COMING SOON)

[collapse=Contestants]
1. youngsora1
2. Fortanono
3. Tornado Bus Driver
26.[/collapse]

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Do you mean maximum of four third-parties?

Is Daitoryo (support thread in my signature) a viable candidate? Hanafuda games have appeared (several, several times) on Nintendo consoles, but not the image of Napoleon itself.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm confused here so I'm going to ask a few questions;

Are you hosting and competing?
What's the judging process; is it general consensus or are you the sole judge?
How do you judge prediction exactly?

Not sure how exciting it's going to be since we've got a whole thread dedicated to this idea already and as a result I can tell you what the rosters are going to look like already:

- K. Rool
- Ridley
- Little Mac
- Palutena
- Mewtwo
- Takamaru
- New Fire Emblem rep(Chrom/Roy/Anna/Robin)
- Brawl's roster with one of the following as a cut: Ike/Lucario/Lucas/R.O.B/Snake.

Occasionally Pac-Man and Mii may appear or a 5th Mario character shows up and Dixie Kong, but that's about as divulging as it gets.

I'd personally go for a creative one to avoid looking at the same cookie cutter roster and having to judge it based on the icons that were used. Not trying to dishearten you, but I think it's a safe bet that 97% of the rosters will look much like what I've put in the spoiler there if it's for prediction.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
My roster that will get eliminated the first round (probably):

The right box is alt costumes, and the bottom box is transformations.

My reasonings:
  • Rosalina: She is very likely because of SM3DW, where she was confirmed to be an unlockable character. I think her chances are better than Toad, who is Peach's Neutral B. Also, she was not in the background of the Galaxy stage while the Toad Brigade ship was.
  • K. Rool: Possibly THE most popular Smash newcomer, he would have a ton of move set potential, so I think he should be in. Nothing really to say here.
  • Lack of Metroid newcomer: Not only do I think Ridley is too big, I think Sakurai thinks that as well. Also, besides Samus and Ridley, there are no real reoccurring characters. Japan doesn't care about Metroid reps either.
  • Palutena: I don't see a reason NOT to have her in. She is the biggest KI character other than Pit, and she would definitely be unique. The only problem is that she is in Pit's Final Smash, but I'm pretty sure Sakurai can use a new one.
  • Medusa: As for Medusa, Sakurai is a very humble person (though broken Meta Knight begs to differ), and I bet he would prefer putting KI characters in that he DIDN'T create. And Palutena and Medusa are the only 2 that are still relevant.
  • Lip: For a retro character, she could have a very unique move set, and Sakurai called PdP "a masterpiece". And now with characters like R.O.B. in the game, Sakurai can explore Lip's potential, and maybe expand on the series afterwards. Panel de Pon Uprising, anyone?
  • Robin: Chrom would definitely be a cool character, but he would still kind be a clone of Marth, along with being a descendant of him as well. And Roy, honestly, I don't think he's relevant enough. Robin is arguably the most important character in Awakening, so (s)he should be in instead of Chrom or Roy.
  • Hoenn Trainer: Red is definitely cool, but 2 out of 3 of his Pokémon aren't very recognizable. But with people "lieking Midkipz", Grovyle being in PMD, and Blaziken getting a new Mega Evolution, May has 3 very recognizable Pokémon she could use.
  • Solo Charizard: But Charizard is by far the most popular Pokémon of all time, and got 2 Mega Evolutions. I think he is pretty much material for his own character. And if PT gets replaced with May, there's no doubt he'll return as a character.
  • Mewtwo: Do I REALLY have to explain this one? No. The only difference for me is that Mewtwo can transform into his Mega Evolved form at will, since that's what (s)he does in the movie.
  • Diskun: Every version has its own "historic" character, and no, I don't think WFT counts. And Diskun is practically the only choice now, other than Hanafuda reps, which I doubt Sakurai considered due to the idea originating on Smashboards.
  • Pac-Man: Amazing moveset potential, the game is being developed by Namco-Bandai, and seeing the 4 biggest video game characters ever (Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man) in the same game would be pure awesome.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
I'm confused here so I'm going to ask a few questions;

Are you hosting and competing?
What's the judging process; is it general consensus or are you the sole judge?
How do you judge prediction exactly?

I'd personally go for a creative one to avoid looking at the same cookie cutter roster and having to judge it based on the icons that were used. Not trying to dishearten you, but I think it's a safe bet that 97% of the rosters will look much like what I've put in the spoiler there if it's for prediction.
I guess you are right. It will be a creative roster maker now!

I am competing. We will use create a poll thing.
(Check Above)
(Check Above)

REMEMBER: You don't HAVE to use Roster Maker. You can use whatever you want to use to make the roster. (I will be using photo shop)

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I guess you are right. It will be a creative roster maker now!

I am competing. We will use create a poll thing.
(Check Above)
(Check Above)

REMEMBER: You don't HAVE to use Roster Maker. You can use whatever you want to use to make the roster. (I will be using photo shop)
Okay, new roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom