• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Fire Emblem Stage....?

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Who thinks we need another FE stage, huh? From what I could tell, in Melee, all of the series' that only had one stage were those that were new to Smash Bros.

So, now that we can safely say that FE is NOT new to FE, what kind of stage should be put up next? I have a couple ideas, but I'll wait to share some of them until I hear some of your ideas!:psycho:

I have one idea for now, though:

Ship Battle: Begnion .vs. Daein

(Best pic I can find for now, srry)

Those of you that played Path of Radiance should remember this one. In this battle, Greil's Mercenaries help Begnion fight against the Daein soldiers and the Crow Laguz.

My ideas for this stage: the characters start on one ship, and as time moves on, the Crow Laguz(half-bird humans for those who aren't familiar with them) begin to attack the ship's hull.

The ship begins to slow down rapidly, and a bridge appears, connecting the sinking ship with the next ship, where soldiers are fighting on deck. You can knock these soldiers off the ship, because they tend to throw spears at your characters. Eventually the crow laguz WILL come back and you'll have to board the next ship.

So, anybody else got any good ideas?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
A ship doesn't seem like a very good idea, simply because other series could pull it off better. For instance, if there is a WW stage, then that could be a pirate ship. FE uses the things a good number of times, but it's not something I think would really represent the series well.

Thinking about it, the best options, in my opinion, are either a battlefield (in the open, or floaring above) or a temple (With ze dragons! :O)

inside

Smash Journeyman
I think fighting of pirate ships are over rated now, I mean like rainbow cruise already has a pirate ship, and a lot of other smash clone games also have pirate ships.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Earthbound had 2 stages in Melee. FE should have two as well.

I prefer a battlefield instead of a ship.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
We don't need another FE stage in Brawl. As pointed out on the Dojo, the FE stage already in the game is a generic one and can work with all FE games in the series. Another one would only slow things down.

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
I think having another FE stage is a good idea, but you can't really predict what it would be until we know what other FE chars are gonna be in. If it's the Black Knight, we can have another PoR stage, but for other characters like Lyn you would have to have stages from different games.

Also think about the fact that Castle Seige has three parts to it. That's like three stages by itself, so including another stage might be unfair to more popular franchises.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, it's just a stage.

Mostly all the franchises got at least two stages in Melee, except for the ones where it was limited because of the characters themselves. (ICs and G&W)

I think it's safe to say FE will get two, though I doubt three.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
This might be a little tougher. I figured a generic Pirate ship too. But you know, have another one dock half way through. Then Brigands or soldiers can interupt the battle after a while. Or flying enemies like Wyvern Lords or Pegasus Knights or even flying Laguaz could attack.

SilentFox12345

Smash Cadet
It's possible. However, they're going to have too many medieval themes if they choose a pirate ship. Maybe just like plains or something, i dunno. -_-

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
If they just add in some enemies, it could easily differentiate. It could stay normal in one mode, just normal plains. And then, if you do that "R+L" thing to get the alternate music, like in Melee, there could be a fog that comes down. And perhaps hide some demons like in sarcred stones.

SilentFox12345

Smash Cadet
If they just add in some enemies, it could easily differentiate. It could stay normal in one mode, just normal plains. And then, if you do that "R+L" thing to get the alternate music, like in Melee, there could be a fog that comes down. And perhaps hide some demons like in sarcred stones.
Hey that would be pretty neat....or perhaps the game can somehow interact w/ the weather forcast the wii hooks up too and it synchronizes it.

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
Earthbound had 2 stages in Melee. FE should have two as well.

I prefer a battlefield instead of a ship.
Yes, but Ness was included in the original, and all the characters from the original got an extra stage in Melee.

Anywho, Fire Emblem never did have their own level though, they had a song in someone else's level and two characters.
FE will likely have 2 stages instead of 1 to make up for the loss.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
I agree, the seems to be focusing more on Fire Emblem in this game. In melee, Marth and Roy felt more like an afterthought. If they were to add another stage, it may come from PoR or GoD specifically, as opposed to the generic Castle Siege stage.

My favorite would be the large altar/platform from the Serenes forest.

Top Bottom