• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Banana AT?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'll have a video uploaded tomorrow.

So basically what happened is i was playing on smashville. I dash attacked to grab a banana next to the ledge and immediately glide tossed backwards. I then flew off the edge going somewhat far.

What i think happened:

I think that momentum glitch happened. If you dont know what i mean by that then be Mario and cape right as you go off the edge. What i think happened is the dash attack gave me enough speed to hit the edge and get it so the dash attack frames ended right at the edge and the speed from it gave me enough momentum to glide toss off the edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8OIwRWpT2k

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I dont know how you could apply this to diddy's game. Maybe Dash attack in the middle of the stage and do it? But it's pretty interesting.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
After that you talked about momentum, so I thought it could be used at any part of the stage. my bad. I'd like to see the video.

gordon117

Smash Cadet
That could be awesome for edge guarding, esp. if you can throw the banana off stage and hit the opponent, because if I remember correctly doesn't an airborne enemy hit with a banana lose their jumps?

Player-1

Smash Legend
You go out about to the end of the SV floating platform but your falling rate doesnt change, but you might be able to extend it if we look into it more and it might be the bigger the glide toss the farther you go (GaW, Marth, Peach). You can still mid air and all that stuff, it acts the same way the momentum glitch works.

Advantages:
Mindgame edgeguarding
Extended edgeguarding
Faster banana spiking (down glide tossing).
Immediate backwards turning (double bairs)

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it would be used constantly, maybe a one time a match kinda thing but idk if it will have that big of an impact

Player-1

Smash Legend
Sorry, i have limited comp use and ill try to get the vid done by this weekend or sooner.

Ball: Most ATs arent used constantly...and this one you wont be able to use it constantly because it would be meant for unpredictability.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
this would only be useful if thye were off theedge and if they were off the edge you could run off and have the same effect.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
This way you can face backwards without RARing though. Also it allows you to toss a banana at the same time (preferably up for edgeguarding purposes).

Also it seems quicker framewise than running off. It's much less expected, for sure.

Situational, but usable.

Player-1

Smash Legend
This way you can face backwards without RARing though. Also it allows you to toss a banana at the same time (preferably up for edgeguarding purposes).

Also it seems quicker framewise than running off. It's much less expected, for sure.

Situational, but usable.
Exactly, also Down glide tossing = a lot faster banana spiking

Top Bottom