• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anomaly regarding Fastfalling through Platforms

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
Hey guys, I found an anomaly that I would either like some verification or explanation for. It involves having a character on a drop-through platform, short-hopping, using the character's 2nd jump, and then fast falling through the platform. This all works well and good for most of the cast, but I have found it works a bit strange for a handful of characters, namely Charizard, Kirby, and King Dedede, in that the character will just stop on the platform and not drop through it at all.

This might have something to do with them all being "flying" characters with multiple jumps. However, characters like Pit and Meta Knight are not affected by this anomaly. Other characters with only the standard double jump do not seem to be affected. I also thought it might have something to do with the character being too close to the platform upon performing the fast fall, but this still seems to be inconsistent between characters.

For reference, I was using the left platform of Battlefield to test most of this.

I also tested this in Smash Bros. Brawl and this anomaly also seemed to be present to a lesser degree. I would have to test it more for specifics. But even if this anomaly is in Brawl as much as P:M, I would love to see it patched out in P:M, since it just doesn't make much sense to me.

Another case of this anomaly is having Meta Knight stand under the left platform on Battlefield, do a short hop double jump, and then you can't immediately drop through the platform. However, this scenario works fine for other characters such as Mario and Ice Climbers.

Thanks for the help!

tl;dr Basically, for all these cases, it seems like you should be able to fall through the platform, but I'm observing that you are not able to for whatever reason.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Thanks for reporting this. In brawl (and pm) the flags for the multi jump action do not allow for falling through platforms. This will be fixed in the next release, whenever that is.

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
Oh wow! Thanks for the response! I'm glad to have made a real contribution. It's weird because the flags do allow falling through platforms if you're way high above them, but it makes no sense to have it not work consistently when you're closer.

Last edited:

NFTsmasher

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shoob24
Oh, another platform-based issue I noticed is that DDD cannot drop through moving platforms while charging his Jet Hammer Down-B attack. Please fix ASAP! :D

Top Bottom