• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Been playing this pack and I'm really liking it. Just curious though, how would one go about adding characters? Wondering mainly for Project ganondorf.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Nice work on the Beta. Sucks that you guys removed a lot of skins from some of the other characters from 1.3. Yoshi now feels a bit lacking especially.
probably returning in the full version or at first Tournament Edition.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
So I was finally able to get the beta onto an sd card, but it shows up on the sd card along with CleanRip, is there a reason this shows up and what is it used for? also when I try to load up Legacy XP I'm always sent back to the Wii menu after hitting Play from the menu, not sure what's wrong? (Sorry if this has already been asked I was just wondering if anyone else had these happen and if I need to do something about them)

(EDIT: Nevermind, found out the problem, ignore the second part of this, although I'm still curious as to what CleanRIP is used for
clean rip is to rip the iso of brawl for dolphin use.

Sirkura

Smash Cadet
This is for homebrew

So can I use a 64 GB Micro Sd if it's formatted correctly?

It's a 64 GB Micro SD card formatted to FAT32 with 32768 Allocation

And what are the exact details on what to do for homebrew users. People say we don't need the extra apps but do we have to delete them?

And they say extract as is. That would just have the one Smash Bros LXP folder by itself on the root. Which doesn't seem right.

I can't get it to even show up on the homebrew menu
that is... really odd, i'm not exactly what you mean by extraction errors. i believe the download is simply a 7z file. you should just need to extract it and drag it to the SD card

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
Warning: I find this pretty important Hey I've noticed I've had to switch between pressing A then the button, and holding down the button then pressing A to get different stages, sometimes under the same stage icon as well. I just made a big deal because, glitches and lag are annoying, but the thing to kill a ginormous map pack is not knowing how to get to the maps in the first place. :4wario2:

Voxic

Smash Rookie
I posted a couple times in this thread and I would be extremely thankful if someone could help me out with this, since I can't find a solution for my problem anywhere. Earlier in the thread I explained that my game refuses to be built, I never end up receiving the 5 GB Legacy wbfs file. I took a couple of screencaps from the batch install, and this is what I see:

1: https://i.gyazo.com/2b9cde06ba4d8598ed354297ce6b9d1c.png

2: https://i.gyazo.com/f2f2409b58f7bf05511bb496ebfe40d7.png

I suppose this is the reason? I've already given cmd.exe the necessary "Read and Execute" rights but nothing happens, and when I try to run "Legacy XP 2.0 [Windows].bat" as an admin, it closes immediately after I press the button stating that it can't find the Legacy files. I'm super confused and frustrated with this, and I apologize if this is not the proper place to ask about this. I just REALLY want to play this with my friends, who also don't know the solution for my issue.
A friend of mine had a similar issue. We later found out that the Brawl ISO he was using was around 5 GB. To build the WBFS, I think it needs to be 7 to 8 GB. I'd suggest to get a new Brawl ISO. Mine is 7.92 GB and it worked for me; look for one that's similar in size. If that doesn't work... welp, I tried.

DaSolarNeko

Smash Rookie
To all those people who keep asking about extraction stuff WHO ARE USING HOMEBREW:

1. Download the file. There are mirrors that you can use, if both are full, make a copy of the download you wanna use then download from your own drive. If for some reason you wanna use a torrent, go use that.
2. Here, I'd extract all the files into a safe place. Use 7zip(please) and you'll get just one folder.
3. Now, you'll be wondering: "What the hell do I put onto the SD card?" You know that folder you got when you extracted everything? Yeah, that one. Open it, and you'll see a bunch of files that are sorta in a homebrew project m format. These files are sorta different so that you can have both PM and SBLXP on the same SD card. If you didn't get what I just said, there's gonna be a bunch of stuff in that folder.
4. IF you don't want those CleanRip apps and stuff, open the apps folder and delete dem apps. Keep the Legacy XP launcher. Please.
5. Now throw that bunch of files(Legacy XP, apps, etc.) onto the SD card.
6. Run homebrew and load the Legacy XP Launcher. The PM launcher should appear. Click play and enjoy(hopefully)

I'm not very good at these things...but I'm still learning. Best of luck for your homebrew installation!

OmegaMalkior

Smash Rookie
NNID
OmegaMalkior
The dolphin Legacy XP netplay version is being detected as a trojan Detplock virus with a Severe alert level by Windows Defender on Windows 10. Is anyone else having the same problem? It's automatically being quarantined, so we can't even play the build on netplay.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
The dolphin Legacy XP netplay version is being detected as a trojan Detplock virus with a Severe alert level by Windows Defender on Windows 10. Is anyone else having the same problem? It's automatically being quarantined, so we can't even play the build on netplay.
Yeah that's a known issue on Windows Defender. Add a manual exception to the folder

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
Ok,it works perfectly now

I have a question tho:Why is Doc over the real Mario instead of being a clone?

Piptony

Smash Rookie
leave all files exactly as they are. the PF folder is read from the LegacyXP folder.
Alright. Wait....How come this hack have rain item mode while other brawl hack don't? In normal game or any brawl hack without rain item mode, they only work during sudden death battle for bomb. How can I use item rain mode for any kind brawl hack? Also what I did read on readme for Wii, it about real disc game to use. Main problem is, my Wii lens have problem reading with dual-layer. It is my first time see this happen. It work from before. But now, it not. Only single-layer disc does work lens reading. I can send my Wii to Nintendo to replace the lens. But problem is I don't have game disc with me. I do really want to buy it but everything I have in my life is getting my way to payment. Life is not easy. Only I can do is wait for right time to buy it or wait for someone to sell game disc somewhere on FB.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
There is a glitch when you have Geno and R.O.B. Battle each other:
skip to 4:31
Geno gets R.O.B effects and his Geno beam become red and 6 flashlights appears when he jump and the Geno whirl become R.O.B. Rolling arm effect.

Last edited:

Celuan

Smash Rookie
This looks really cool, but I am wondering if it has the stage, Venus Lighthouse. It's really well made and overlooked. I think it would be fun to play on in this mod pack, and it would be something for Golden Sun fans, other than a remix from 2008, and a dead dream of a certain someone being playable.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I see you are hosting the pack on KCMM as well, may I ask:

Are you sure you credited all the creators of stages and characters?

Cuz Im having my doubts, this pack is huge considering the small credit list.

Oh I saw the tabs at the bottom

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Edit: My bad there. Just noticed the handy tabs at the bottom. This must be the best crediting Ive ever seen in a pack, not all packs link to the download link of each mod used.

12 of my stages made the cut, Im glad!

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
This looks really cool, but I am wondering if it has the stage, Venus Lighthouse. It's really well made and overlooked. I think it would be fun to play on in this mod pack, and it would be something for Golden Sun fans, other than a remix from 2008, and a dead dream of a certain someone being playable.
venus lighthouse is actually there PLUS 3 other stgs. theres venus with the split, venus no split, mercuy light house and mercury ice floor. to play to to castle seige (pg 2) and hold r and any d-pad input. have fun

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
Hey, I have more glitches to report!

And it's for Geno again!

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not though, but You can hit Geno out of his Finale Smash, which prevents him from using it. Along with that, you can also hit the projectile sent by Geno's finale smash to 'clash' with it, making it disappear before it does any damage and explodes. Also, I don't think the right sound effect is playing when you use Geno's finale smash.

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
Oh yea, one more thing, if someone could please tell me:

Is it possible to play this mod without the two giant black bars at the end of the screen on an HD TV?

And I saw a Super Mario RPG version of Bowsers castle in some video for Legacy XP. Which stage/stage variant is this found?

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Why am I getting a Trojan virus warning for downloading this?
It's a false positive due to how we edited the included Dolphins.

Edit: My bad there. Just noticed the handy tabs at the bottom. This must be the best crediting Ive ever seen in a pack, not all packs link to the download link of each mod used.

12 of my stages made the cut, Im glad!
We tried to be as thorough as we could concerning crediting considering just how much we crammed in there; if anything seems out of place/incorrect please tell us and we'll fix it ASAP.

Oh yea, one more thing, if someone could please tell me:

Is it possible to play this mod without the two giant black bars at the end of the screen on an HD TV?

And I saw a Super Mario RPG version of Bowsers castle in some video for Legacy XP. Which stage/stage variant is this found?
Change the aspect ratio in the Brawl Settings, and the stage is Bowser's Castle Special (A+B)

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
Bug report:When you end a match with Squirtle, Ivysaur or Charizard, the game highlights random instead of the character you just used

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
We tried to be as thorough as we could concerning crediting considering just how much we crammed in there; if anything seems out of place/incorrect please tell us and we'll fix it ASAP.
Usually users send me complaints about packs not having proper credits, I'll let you know via discord if anything pops up if thats alright.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Usually users send me complaints about packs not having proper credits, I'll let you know via discord if anything pops up if thats alright.
Sweet, yeah, feel free to DM me on discord if anyone tells you something was miscredited.

InfamousFelix

Smash Rookie
Can someone PLEASE tell me how you mod music/costumes in the dolphin preset of LXP? I already know how to do it in general; I just need to know if I need to do anything special with it considering it's preloaded on a modified version of Dolphin.

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
It's a false positive due to how we edited the included Dolphins.

Change the aspect ratio in the Brawl Settings, and the stage is Bowser's Castle Special (A+B)
First of all, thank you telling me how to access the B button stages. Second, While changing the aspect ratio did seem to help a little, there are still two very obvious giant, black bars on the sides of the screen.

Top Bottom