• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

animal crossing characters in brawl

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
Here's how i see it, in the last two smash bros games, all of the levels and almost all of the items, have been modeled after the playable and non-playable characters, ( ex: princess peaches castle, and super mushroom from the mario characters, hyrule temple and heart from zelda characters) well, now there is an item ( pit fall) and a level ( smashville) in brawl, but there are no animal crossing characters, so i'm worried that instead of fighting some one like ridley, we'll end up fighting tom nook! Does anybody else see this connection, or am i completely crazy, plese reply! ( levels like battle feild in brawl my be a level like battle feild in melee, so it doesn't really count)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I personally think that Sakurai is representing Animal Crossing through stages and items and not actual playable characters.

Animal Crossing wasn't really a typical game, there wasn't any fighting. Sure you could use axes but they didn't do much good. :laugh:

I'm not against the idea of an playable Animal Crossing character, I just wouldn't get my hopes up real high.

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
i am against the idea of animal crossing characterfs, what kind of move set could they possibly have! and they're big head, EASY TARGET

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sakurai could create a moveset if he wanted to, I assure you.

Big heads? Mario, Luigi, Wario, Fox, etc. have slightly big heads... I don't really think that's that valid of an argument unless you don't want them in either. Which I doubt. XD

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
but i do think its a good argument, worth investingating, i really think they might be in it, plus, on www.smashbros.com, the item pitfall and the level both have a logo, just like marios logo is a mushroom, and his levels have mushrooms beside it

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Someone is gonna be in there i almost know it... Wanna know why... Its because in debug mode on melee...There is a stage called dummy... With many hacks and codes... I managed to find out what it was without freezing the game...Its an animal crossings lvl... i couldn't play on it... i just saww giga bowser and sandbag swawn and ir froze... And has anyone ever notice the two missing characters on melee when you unlock everyone... Im guessing animals crossing...

SuperLinkBrothers

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind an animal Crossing Character, but I highly dought that there will be one, so you're lucky.

If an animal Crossing Character was playable, it would definettley be Tom Nook.

Moveset:
These are Gamecube movesets, as if it was exactley like Melee.

A: Punch
A left/right: Swing a net
A up: Slingshot
A down: Swing an axe in a 360 degree motion

B: Throw a random item
B left/right: Swing Shovel in a digging Motion
B up: Throw a bag of bells up in the air letting it spray everywhere
B down: Watering Can

He would have two jumps, the secong being a hyper jump

Final Smash: Throw Something extremley fast in all directions (ex: Raffle Tickets)
Taunt: He would look at the screen, talk in Animalese, subtitles would say Yes, yes, very good

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm confused on your argument...

So you're arguing that an AC character will be in, but you don't want one in?

I still think the "big heads" argument is silly.

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
thats actually pretty good superlinkbros, but he would be very strong, or fast, or that light come to think of it, but does anyone think i'm on to something with this think that animal crossing characters are in brawl, cause of the item and level

P.S the big head thing was a joke, and i'm worried that they are in it, not hoping that one will be

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
There's a possibility, but I wouldn't be to sure of it.

Tom Nook's in the background of the Animal Crossing stage, so as others have pointed out the character choices are a customizable/whatever Animal Crossing human, or Mr. Resetti.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
i am against the idea of animal crossing characterfs, what kind of move set could they possibly have! and they're big head, EASY TARGET
Is there no end to these flawed arguments?

Sakurai could easily come up with a move set if he wanted too. Just because you can't think of one doesn't mean their can't be one. People have already thought about how Tom Nook could fight with the various move sets they came up with, while still keeping true to his character.

Speaking of big heads...

Meet Wario.

PS... This was before I saw some of the other posts above me.

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
Mr. resetti has an actualy chance of being in it, hes got a wepon,

double p.s, i said big heads about tom nook cause look at him

his head is disproportionate to his body( note: hes got tiny legs under the aprine) while wario, well hes fat, so his head is to, and its, kinda proportionate to his body

THEmSHAKE

Smash Apprentice
I'm leaning to believing that there will be a playable ac character. It may not be the best reason, but I get this from the fact there is an ac emblem now (the acorn on both the stage and the pitfall item)

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Wario's head size is still pretty close to a 1:1 size compared to his body. Along with Mario and Luigi, they don't quite look like normal people. Just compared their look to a more realistic character. Point is, they both have big heads that are pretty close in size to their body and hitbox as a result is little reason for them not to be in.

For something that was suppose to be a joke is sure hijacking this topic. But with the n00b invasion increasing nowadays, it's hard to tell what's serious and what's not.

Sakurai really seems to be teasing us here. He shown both a AC stage and item, but no word on Tom Nook being playable. It could still go either way. Sakurai's mind games are god tier!

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
I'm leaning to believing that there will be a playable ac character. It may not be the best reason, but I get this from the fact there is an ac emblem now (the acorn on both the stage and the pitfall item)
thats what i've been saying, they have a stage, an item, and a logo, what else dp they need before they get a character, i actually hope there isn't one, maybe there can be a new mini game where there's a stuffed version of tom nook and you have to see how fast you can beat the stuffing out of him, literally, like the home run contest but not quite, thats the only way i want him in the game

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai wanted to tease us further more without saying anything about Tom Nook, he could guve us a music update which is related to AC.

Invader_JDGir

Smash Rookie
personally, i don't want any low graphic characters. i don't want animals that look like a kindergartener made them out of construction paper.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
personally, i don't want any low graphic characters. i don't want animals that look like a kindergartener made them out of construction paper.
That is a really stupid reason to not have any Animal Crossing characters in the game.

Besides if they made it, the designs would be with a lot better graphics... I mean look at Pit.

Also, do the characters in the background of the AC stage look out of place in the game to you?

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow you guys are a bunch of crybabies. Just because a character doesn't seem manly to you doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the game. I don't know why I see so many people so offended when the "badass" characters aren't the only ones in the game. "Wah wah, Pichu" "Wah wah Animal Crossing." You guys will get turbo excited about Ike though. Because he's a real fighter person with a sword. This makes me think of little kids wanting to play a mature game that sucks over a kiddish looking game that's good and fun. IT's like they think playing mature games makes them mature. You know, regardless of how mature the game is, you're still playing a video game.

I can't wait to see the fits pitched by the 14 year old "men" on the forum when there IS an Animal Crossing character. Why put the effort into a level devoted to a game universe and not give it any represenatives? It simply seems silly. They did the item, they made a level, they have an icon. We very likely have a character. Look, they already have the model for any of them. I don't even think it'd be much harder to slap a moveset on ol' Nook and toss him in the ring. This sounds all like absurdist denial to me.

You guys suck. Seriously.

Qyzex

Smash Cadet
I don't post a lot, but that, that was beautiful Hiemie.

Really, it is a shame so many people can't see how great "kiddy" characters can be. not everything has to be manly and vicious and hardcore. Seriously.

and Animal Crossing character would be a great addition. I support AC. I support "kiddy".

"kiddy" can be hardcore awesome. Case in point, Legend of Zelda, Wind Waker. one of the best Zelda games around, and people dissed it because it was "kiddy" looking. He wasn't "manly" or realistic. He was stylistic, and expressive. It's what made it so **** great.

The same thing could easily be said for an Animal Crossing character in brawl. It could add so much, despite not being "manly" in some of your eyes.

viva las Animal Crossing

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Only one person argued they where too kiddy... Don't insult everybody else around here!

Who needs "manlyness" anyways? I'm quite the opposite of I've realized... XD Everybody knows Peach rocked in the last game as well... so yeah...

Anyways, yay for Animal Crossing characters. I support whoever makes it in.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, it's not just me lashing out at the one person, it seems really common in my eyes.

Yes, Peach is awesome.

And yeah, who is in the game is in the game. It's funny, I know this forum is completely futile, but I guess it keeps the garbage under control everywhere else. We nave like 0 impact on what happens in brawl. This is just everyone rallying around needlessly.

Invader_JDGir

Smash Rookie
Wow you guys are a bunch of crybabies. Just because a character doesn't seem manly to you doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the game. I don't know why I see so many people so offended when the "badass" characters aren't the only ones in the game. "Wah wah, Pichu" "Wah wah Animal Crossing." You guys will get turbo excited about Ike though. Because he's a real fighter person with a sword. This makes me think of little kids wanting to play a mature game that sucks over a kiddish looking game that's good and fun. IT's like they think playing mature games makes them mature. You know, regardless of how mature the game is, you're still playing a video game.

I can't wait to see the fits pitched by the 14 year old "men" on the forum when there IS an Animal Crossing character. Why put the effort into a level devoted to a game universe and not give it any represenatives? It simply seems silly. They did the item, they made a level, they have an icon. We very likely have a character. Look, they already have the model for any of them. I don't even think it'd be much harder to slap a moveset on ol' Nook and toss him in the ring. This sounds all like absurdist denial to me.

You guys suck. Seriously.
i said i didn't like low graphic characters. pichu is one of my alts. i played as peach and zelda when not in sheik mode. wimpy characters are awesome. i don't really even like ike, or any of the fire emblem characters.

Gryffin

Smash Cadet
If there is a playable character, I would guess it would be Bangle or Red the tent salesman. Or the Mole guy.

SuperLinkBrothers

Smash Ace
DARN, THE MIND GAMES STRIKE AGAIN!!!!!!!

Mr.Rosetti is an idea, but he's not really one of the main (mainer then other characters) characters.

Possible Candidates:
1. Tom Nook
2. Crazy Redd
3. Customizable Character
4. Blathers
5. Copper

Also, I HATE Mr.Rosseti a WHOLE LOT...
I also hate Blathers A WHOLE LOT!!!!!!!!! But he has a possible chance. I put there likability to be in, in order, in my oppinion.

Gokuballz

Smash Cadet
I completely disagree with you, SuperLinkBrothers. But I completely agree with you, Qyzex!
I think kiddy games should have a chance! A lot of kiddy games can be really good! Like Animal Crossing, it is a fabulous game! So i'm on your side, Qyzex!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Mr. Resetti appears in my sig.

He's the angriest, most violent thing in Animal Crossing, by far, and Melee honored him by making it so his trophy was unlocked by hitting the reset button.

He stands a pretty decent chance of being in, since he didn't appear in the background of the AC stage (and Sakurai intentionally picked the characters to show us so we could see who would be "background" characters").

And Mr. Resetti is far from "kiddie". His entire purpose is breaking you down emotionally and making you feel bad. He's like a gym coach who can't physically whack the player but he does everything but.

Qyzex

Smash Cadet
Oh come on, no one wants Kapp'n as a fighter? haha. He'd be great, and he's the highest on my list for which Animal Crossing character I want in Brawl, because dag nabbit, i likes me a good sea chanty!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
My personal favorite would be a customizable Animal Crossing character. One that could have the hairstyles/different clothes/could be male or female.

That'd be pretty awesome.

I wanted Nook to be the rep of AC, though. A lot of people consider him the "villain" and I'm sure several would enjoy beating him up. :laugh:

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I want Bob, Olivia, Kiki, Totakeke or the Gyroid as a fighter. It would be fun to see K.K. smash someone over the head with a guitar... Just wondering or something... Btw, are the Ice Climbers confirmed?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I wouldn't expect any generic villagers to become fighters, but you never know with Sakurai. XD Many people do love Bob from what I've seen. I like him as well, he was one of the villagers in my first town like what... five years ago. Wow.

On the Ice Climber's thing, they haven't been, unfortunately. Many people around here believe they will be cut, but I hold up my hopes high as they are unique characters and should return.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I think chances are great that an AC character will be in. We haven't seen that many updates so far and two of them are from AC. Nintendo knows what they are doing and they have people working there to plan this stuff out. I would be willing to bet that they are warming us up for a Tom Nook or an of-the-like person.

I'm not worried. Even though that it would seem like a dumb idea, if they did it, you can rest assured they would do it right.

On another note, from what i hear ICs are not planned to return due to highly glitchy programming. I remember reading a while ago (will post link if i can find it) that the developers had a hard time getting the bugs out of the dual system, and they aren't happy with how people can exploit them still. (assumingly talking about wobbles and chain grabs)

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
Tom Nook is part of the Smashville stage, so he couldn't be a character. It'll most likely just be an AC Boy/Girl (Alternate Gender by colors).

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Tom Nook is part of the Smashville stage, so he couldn't be a character. It'll most likely just be an AC Boy/Girl (Alternate Gender by colors).
Wouldn't be particularly difficult at all to just switch him off when he's playing on the stage. But, in any case, I'd love to see an AC character in Brawl. As long as it's not the default human, actually.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
omg it's like I have to say the same thing a gazillion times. for me it's not a matter of how the animal crossing characters look or that Sakurai cant give them a move set because he can im sure. the reasoning behind them being in the game is what's kinda dumb. ok here we go. yeah sure Animal crossing has a logo. and then you look at let's say Dr wright and he has a smash symbol. why is that? it's because dr wright is an AT trophy and that alone.

the reason why animal crossing got the leaf symbol is because the series is being represented as a STAGE. it would be awfully stupid for them to give it the smash symbol when it's from another franchise. Simcity is being represented by an item therefore it wont be getting it's own icon. common sense right. so the "oh they have their own Icon it means a character will be playble needs to stop" you look at groudon. his Icon is a pokeball and we all now he's not playable. why did he get the pokeball as an icon? its because pokemon is being represented not only by a stage but also characters.

Them being in the background doesnt help either. yeah yeah you will probablly say
"they could easily remove the person that you pick from the background" which is true. but it's a waste of time. why go through the trouble to put them in the background and then take them out. when they could have just not put them in the background in the first place. I kinda dont see the sense in that.

I think people should be saying "wow at least we are getting an AC stage and an AC item"
to me that if anything shows that Sakurai is trying to make up for the fact that they wont be playble. so throw in a bunch of AC stuff at least to please some fans. at least he is acknowledging them enough to do that much. shoot why do you think Kirby had 3 stages in melee. to make up for the fact that he was the sole character rep form his game. same for DK. same for Yoshi. need i go on?

honestly it's nice to know that you guys are true fans of the franchise. and again I dont think that it would be hard to give them a moveset. I dont think it would be hard to give Daisy a moveset but i dont think she'll be playable. anyway I cant picture it I just cant. and it's not because I dont want to. I was right about Deoxys when everyone on here was DEOXYS FTW WOOO!!! and im not trying to be mean. hopefully someone will read this and be realistic cause wow im tired of saying this all the time.

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
omg it's like I have to say the same thing a gazillion times. for me it's not a matter of how the animal crossing characters look or that Sakurai cant give them a move set because he can im sure. the reasoning behind them being in the game is what's kinda dumb. ok here we go. yeah sure Animal crossing has a logo. and then you look at let's say Dr wright and he has a smash symbol. why is that? it's because dr wright is an AT trophy and that alone.

the reason why animal crossing got the leaf symbol is because the series is being represented as a STAGE. it would be awfully stupid for them to give it the smash symbol when it's from another franchise. Simcity is being represented by an item therefore it wont be getting it's own icon. common sense right. so the "oh they have their own Icon it means a character will be playble needs to stop" you look at groudon. his Icon is a pokeball and we all now he's not playable. why did he get the pokeball as an icon? its because pokemon is being represented not only by a stage but also characters.

Them being in the background doesnt help either. yeah yeah you will probablly say
"they could easily remove the person that you pick from the background" which is true. but it's a waste of time. why go through the trouble to put them in the background and then take them out. when they could have just not put them in the background in the first place. I kinda dont see the sense in that.

I think people should be saying "wow at least we are getting an AC stage and an AC item"
to me that if anything shows that Sakurai is trying to make up for the fact that they wont be playble. so throw in a bunch of AC stuff at least to please some fans. at least he is acknowledging them enough to do that much. shoot why do you think Kirby had 3 stages in melee. to make up for the fact that he was the sole character rep form his game. same for DK. same for Yoshi. need i go on?

honestly it's nice to know that you guys are true fans of the franchise. and again I dont think that it would be hard to give them a moveset. I dont think it would be hard to give Daisy a moveset but i dont think she'll be playable. anyway I cant picture it I just cant. and it's not because I dont want to. I was right about Deoxys when everyone on here was DEOXYS FTW WOOO!!! and im not trying to be mean. hopefully someone will read this and be realistic cause wow im tired of saying this all the time.
everyone, your blowing this out of proportion, i created this to say that ac has an item and a stage, and look at all the pas games, every non-secret character has hada stage and a item, so i'm saying tha the likelyhood of a ac character is plasable and probable not to have a big agrument, and an assist trophy is only an item, there is no coarse, so dont go flipping out every one, i wasn't saying for sure there was a ac character, i was stating a theroy and asking people if it made sence and to talk about it, not agrue.

Top Bottom